• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will free dining return in 2007?

Mouse-n-Mini

DIS Veteran
I really hope that it does because it would be a huge money saver. I don't know if anyone has any info on it this early or not. We are thinking about going in July 2007 or possibly May 2007. Do you think disney has formed a pattern with the free summer dining over the past 2 years?

It's been mid-August through September the past 2 years, prime hurricane time and kids are going back to school, a slow time. I doubt they will offer it in May or July, which are busy times.

I think it will depend on bookings nearer the time and the way the hurrince season pans out this year and is projected next year, but it won't be for May or July, they are busy months anyway.

We went last year and it was offered August 19-Oct.4. This year it's offered again mid Aug. through end of Sept. If it is offered, it won't be during the time you are planning to go as those are still fairly busy times to tour the parks. It'll be after the kids go back to school in the south and the parks slow down.

Yup, it does seem like we can expect to see free dining during hurricane season, August and September, for the foreseeable future. We probably won't see it any other time of year, except, perhaps, January, but I doubt even that.

I can't see Disney offering free dinning during peak seasons like July. The whole point of free dinning is to up attendance during SLOW times of the year. I'm sure the hotels and parks fill up just fine on their own in July without needing additional promotions to entice people to book.

I doubt they will offer it except for at the slowest of times. Even back in the days of the "codes" they best ones were for the slowest times. Only makes sense!

I for one am hoping they do the free dining around the same time frame next year. I am taking my dancers on a 4 night cruise August 9th - 13th so it would be great if I could follow that up with some free dining at WDW. I have a feeling I may have a few days gap in between.

WDWO

The speculation prior to the promotion being released this year, was NO WAY will they offer it again. I read quite a few posts here that basically said its purpose was to promote DDP, and since it worked and many were now paying for it they would NEVER give it away for free.

Apparently, it was used not only to promote the DDP, but also to entice travel during Hurricane season. I assume it was effective and that is why we saw it again this year.

IMO, it will all depend on what type of hurricane season we see. If it is an inactive year travel will not be detered and bookings will probably not be reduced out of fear. If it is an active season then Disney will do some sort of promotion...perhaps free dining again. Only time will tell.

I was able to take advantage of free dining last year and am one of those who thought there was no way they'd do it again. Well, they did, and darn it, I couldn't go, LOL. :rolleyes:

Now I'm one of those hoping they do it again next year, because if they do I will be going to WDW in September 2007. :teeth:

I sure hope they offer it next year!

I am not able to go this year but am already saving up for 2007 with high hopes!

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter