Will I manage TOT?

rivercottage

Lazy River Expert
Hiya guys!

Ive managed everyride at disney, even was persuaded on rocking rollercoaster thing...im scared stiff of tower of tower - I REALLY want to go on this, simply for the theming, but am so EXTREMELY SCARED!!!

Is it really really bad?

Thanks guys!

Its not bad at all its great fun just hold on and enjoy hehe! Have u managed rides at Universal? x

Hiya!

Thanks for your reply! Managed most things at universal - not isles of adventure - a bit fast for me :-)

I'll close my eyes and think of my beloved pirates of the carribean...its over in a few secs right?! :confused:

its not that bad.
The falling is actually really fun because you get the feeling of flying.
The only part that is kinda scary is when you are moving forward into the dropping part of the ride ( yes your elevator does actually move forward). Its dark and you don't know when its going to start dropping you.
I think it's about 5-10 seconds after the guy finishes talking. I'm not sure.
You can do it. The ride is awesome!:)

It's not that dissimilar from Ellen's Energy Adventure really.......I promise.

I think TOT is one of those rides where the anticipation is far worse than the actual ride. Once you ride it once and you get the feeling of exactly what's going to happen, you should ride it again and you'll love it! The theming is really wonderful, and yes, the ride itself is pretty short in comparison. Enjoy! Oh, and this is coming from someone who is EXTREMELY nervous when I ride TOT the first time every trip. :thumbsup2

Yes, go for it. It's not that bad. I was too scared to go at first but now I loved it and it's really fun. :thumbsup2

My DW was terrified to go on it, but she did. She didn't care for it afterwards because she was so stressed beforehand. However, after a couple of years she tried it again and now really enjoys it. She said that the fall is not that bad, but it was the not knowing what was going to happen that she didn't like.

This was my first ever ride at DW. I attended a conference and had one afternoon free and chose to go to MGM. I was drawn to this attraction and was blown away. Disney hooked me and I took the family back a couple of years later and since then we've been to WDW, DL or a DCL cruise every year.

The ToT is a ride that is great because of the anticipation. You hear the screams and you can't help but get nervous. Last trip, I dragged my best friend on it. Now she did scream "I hate you" through the whole ride but she loved it. Trust me, if I can get my friend on it, you can do it!
Go on the ride, get "spooked" by the twilight zone, scream your head off and then repeat! You won't be sorry!:)

Hiya guys!

Ive managed everyride at disney, even was persuaded on rocking rollercoaster thing...im scared stiff of tower of tower - I REALLY want to go on this, simply for the theming, but am so EXTREMELY SCARED!!!

Is it really really bad?

Thanks guys!

I am claustrophobic and have a fear of elevators so I will not go on. :scared: BUT, you can go through the whole theming etc just to the point of stepping into the elevators - they do have a chicken exit. I just wait for the rest of my family downstairs. :thumbsup2

ToT is an awesome ride. I, too, was scared to ride it-and I didn't until our 2nd trip. The atmosphere is stunning--mist as you are walking up to go inside, all the dust and that feeling of foreboding as you watch Rod Serling, the details in the "maintenance room" def. make it all feel real.
I never miss a ride on ToT now. I ride it every trip, and it still makes me nervous to ride! That is how great of a ride it is! It may be my favorite attraction...but that's a tough call, of course.
I do think you should give it a try...and if you just can't do it there is an exit you can take at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter