Will there be availability in AKL in Dec 08, if we booked in May??

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
We havent quite decided if we are going to go in December, so are waiting til around May before we attempt to book AKLV, what are the chances that they will still have the availablity for a savannah view room?

If not, will SS have space?

December is a popular time so it's anyones guess why not call not to make an enquiry to see if they have the sort of room you'd be after, you'd at least have some idea if there is any room at the inn.

If there is no availabiliy when you book you can try going on the waitlist.

Good luck

Susan

Your best chance of securing it is to phone every day at the 7 month window. So, if your dates are, say, 14th-21st December, you need to phone on 14th May for your first day, then again on 15th May for your second, and so on. You'll probably find that you'll get some days, but not others, so you'll need to go on the waitlist for your "gaps". You'll then need to hold your nerve because you could find that you run quite close to your dates before the waitlist comes through.

There are only 134 units currently at AKV (all contained within the AKL main building) and over 900 at SSR, so obviously you stand a much better chance of getting something there.

Simple answer - almost certainly not.

We called member services in May last year (for December) and there was not one room ANYWHERE in WDW available on points. As has been said, it is just about the busiest season for DVC. If you can't book at 11 months, you have little chance of getting in at 7, especially at AKV.

Waiting list might work, but it's tough to plan a vacation without secure accommodation booked.

Michelle, can you try booking now at your home resort and then try and waitlist? Can't remember if you bought at AKLV or SSR.

Have our fingers crossed for you

susan

There is a waiting list. Apparently there are quite a few people on it. There is little chance we can go. Unless they open up Kidani village or people from AKV home resorts book elsewhere in December at the 7 month window. The dates are 7th-21st December. I think we will try again on the 7th May. Phone everyday at 8:00am for two weeks to get the booking. If not I hope to get BCV, BWV or SSR. December is the time we like to go. If there is going to be problems in the future then what was the point of buying??? I am starting to get worried now. I will see what happens in May.

Anyone else been effected? Has anyone else had trouble using thier DVC in December. Is it just AKL?

Which is your home resort?

It's usually not a problem booking in December if you book at your home resort. As someone else suggested, you should reserve accommodation where you own NOW, and try to change it at 7 months.

At least you will be guaranteed somewhere to stay.

If your heart is set on AKV and you own elsewhere, I don't think there is much chance of getting your wish in December. Either go to another resort or else travel in November or January, when there is usually better availability.

By the way, if you wait until May to book BCV or BWV, you will have similar problems!

I own AKV.

I was told that there is a waiting list. Basically Kidani village is not open yet. Although thier is rumour that it may open. I was also told that with the waiting list is long, wouldnt gaurentee we would be able to stay. I dont want to wait for months on a waiting list. I will give it till May 7th. If there is no bookings anywhere I will more than likely go somewhere else.

Due to my husbands job and my uni. I need to have as much notice as possible to be able to know that its gaurenteed booking.

I would get on the waitlist asap if you do want a chance of getting somewhere. At least if nothing is through by May 7th you can then re-evaluate your plans and try another resort or call it a day. Being on a waitlist does not commit you to anything but at least you are giving it as much of a go as you can. Plus as you say it mignt be known by May if the first stages of Kidani will be open in Dec, if they are then I would of thought the waitlist people would get first pickings.

Claire ;)

I have put my name down on a waiting list. We will see what happens. If we have not heard anything around August. I will scrub around the idea. Fingers crossed I wont have too.

Apologies, Michelle - I didn't realise you owned at AKV. I assumed you owned elsewhere and so weren't able to do anything until the 7 month window. December 7th-21st is a relatively quiet time - it's the following week that it'll get manic. I don't think there's any chance that you'll get AKV given what you've said, but you should get something.

Hi, Deb.

I don't think your last statement gives the full picture.

7 - 14 December is a relatively quiet time AT THE PARKS, but so far as DVC is concerned, it is their most popular time of year. The points requirement is at its lowest, and the parks are at their most attractive.

I assure you, I tried to book for the first two weeks in December last year at the seven-month window and there was virtually ZERO availability anywhere. They did have a couple of odd nights at a studio at Saratoga Springs, but that was it, honestly. Thankfully, I had already made reservations at my home resort, OKW, so we were OK, but it really is "full capacity" time at DVC.

That's tough on Michelle if she really needs to travel in December and her home resort is already fully booked. Hope it all works out for you!:thumbsup2

Yeah me too. If so looks like I will sell it even before I use it :eek:

Only kidding. I might have to start thinking of going in October again. It will help out when we can only go in August. :thumbsup2

Apologies, Michelle - I didn't realise you owned at AKV. I assumed you owned elsewhere and so weren't able to do anything until the 7 month window. December 7th-21st is a relatively quiet time - it's the following week that it'll get manic. I don't think there's any chance that you'll get AKV given what you've said, but you should get something.

Non worries Deb. I hope so. I am not counting on it. Better than being dissapointed. I will let you know what happens.

...I assure you, I tried to book for the first two weeks in December last year at the seven-month window and there was virtually ZERO availability anywhere. They did have a couple of odd nights at a studio at Saratoga Springs, but that was it, honestly. Thankfully, I had already made reservations at my home resort, OKW, so we were OK, but it really is "full capacity" time at DVC...

Very true. I made ressies last year at SSR for December 14th - 21st at about 9 months out and even they were starting to fill up then... I guess you just have to be prepared to use that 11 month home resort window...

Good luck, Michelle... :thumbsup2

Very true. I made ressies last year at SSR for December 14th - 21st at about 9 months out and even they were starting to fill up then... I guess you just have to be prepared to use that 11 month home resort window...

Good luck, Michelle... :thumbsup2

Not convinced that AKV will have availability though. Apparently there is a big list. We shall see.

7 - 14 December is a relatively quiet time AT THE PARKS, but so far as DVC is concerned, it is their most popular time of year. The points requirement is at its lowest, and the parks are at their most attractive.
I didn't realise that - I'm relatively new to this DVC lark.

I can't see this being a issue for us in the relatively short term, but I imagine there will be times in years to come that we may want to book impromptu trips. I would have expected that we might not be able that at busy times like Christmas and Easter, but I had no idea that it isn't even a possibility at the quieter times. :scared1:

I didn't realise that - I'm relatively new to this DVC lark.

I can't see this being a issue for us in the relatively short term, but I imagine there will be times in years to come that we may want to book impromptu trips. I would have expected that we might not be able that at busy times like Christmas and Easter, but I had no idea that it isn't even a possibility at the quieter times. :scared1:

Exactly. I was told that Sept and October were busy because of the food and wine festival. Sometimes it can be hard to get reservations then. Especially when MNSSHP and food festival. :scared1:

The reality is that DVC "busy times" normally coincide with "busy times" at the parks, but this is not always the case.

The first three weeks in December are DVC's busiest season, because, I have said earlier, the points requirement is at the lowest and yet the parks and malls are so attractive. If you check out the US DVC Board, you will find the same story.

It is very, very difficult to get availability anywhere at WDW during those three weeks in December at the seven-month window, as everyone books earlier at their home resort.

Members who own at the large resorts such as OKW and SSR will pretty much always get accommodation at 11 months, although a previous poster pointed out that even this was difficult for December if you don't get in early.

The problem for Angel is that her home resort, AKV, is a very small resort and also very popular, so it's getting booked up solid at 11 months. And because Angel missed out on this, she will possibly find that she cannot get to WDW at all in December. I would guess that the Wait List is probably silly already, and that's before everyone else joins it at the 7 month window!

That is a dreadful situation, and I really hope things work out, but I honestly cannot see a way around it. If December really is when you want to travel, I really fear that you have purchased at the wrong resort. Your only hope for future years is to ring on a daily basis at 11 months as soon as member services opens for business.

Must be frustrating, and I really feel for you.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter