• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will they give a child an adult portion of a kid menu item?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
My kids are all "Disney adults" now. We have some restaurants booked for our upcoming trip that are prix fixe menus. I am aware that we will be required to pay adult prices for everyone. But my youngest would be happiest with the food on the kid menus. Would they be willing to give him adult portions (since we are paying adult prices) of the kid menu items? I've heard people mention before that this was possible but I didn't know if it really was.

Specifically Space 220 and Be Our Guest are the ones that we are curious about.

My kids are all "Disney adults" now. We have some restaurants booked for our upcoming trip that are prix fixe menus. I am aware that we will be required to pay adult prices for everyone. But my youngest would be happiest with the food on the kid menus. Would they be willing to give him adult portions (since we are paying adult prices) of the kid menu items? I've heard people mention before that this was possible but I didn't know if it really was.

In my experience, yes. We ate at BOG in February and my 10 year old ordered the kids’ chicken strips and fries. Her serving was absolutely, ridiculously huge 😂 Hope this helps!

When we did this once at BOG (on dining plan if that matters ) my daughter only liked a kids meal and they said they had to check with the chef because sometimes they wouldn’t do it for whatever reason. But they did give her a bigger portion of the kids meal. I honestly think it is more likely to happen now than it was back then. We didn’t even ask for adult portion. The waitress suggested it as it was a waste to get kids meal on adult dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter