• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will we see another sold out resort with deep incentives on March 3?

I don’t see all bc going dvc, I don’t see any resort going all dvc unless dvc adopts more hotel room conversions and then All those fridge and microwave people will have an absolute meltdown

personally I do hope every resort goes into hotel conversion, but the die hard dvcers would literally lose their minds

My prediction is in 10 years, they will stop doing anything with the 2042 resorts and contracts still owned. The resort is theirs as of January 31s, 2042 and they don't have to buy it from anyone.

What I also predict is that a few years before 2042, they will take some (if not all) of BWI and BC hotels and convert them to DVC, and begin selling as new DVC resorts, with new 50 year contracts, new point charts and of course, resale restrictions.

This way, when the current rooms expire, they can then work on renovations of those, and add them back into the new condo associations for those resorts.

There will be no extension for current owners...but I could see them giving all DVC owners, as they do now, some advance notice or incentives for buying.

I can see this working for BCV and BWV. The demand will be there.

But doing this with all 2042 resorts would inject a lot of supply at the same time.

But doing this with all 2042 resorts would inject a lot of supply at the same time.
A lot of that depends how they handle OKW. Without OKW the rest of the 2042 WDW resorts are about 10 million points. That’s a lot but it’s smaller than Aulani and SSR, and for that matter, is fewer points than they’re likely to have available at once when DHV goes on sale next year.

I think VB and HH will be sold off and no longer DVC. I think they will add BRV as a new phase to CCV and open sales again for those units.

OKW already has been extended to 2057, so nothing to worry about there.

Gee, I know hotel rooms are a liability during a pandemic or big recession, but surely they would want to keep a good chunk of BC and BWI hotels, no? These are popular resorts for cash guests under normal times.

Gee, I know hotel rooms are a liability during a pandemic or big recession, but surely they would want to keep a good chunk of BC and BWI hotels, no? These are popular resorts for cash guests under normal times.
We’ve discussed this elsewhere (and it deserves its own thread) but it’s also possible or perhaps even likely that one or both resorts is reimagined from scratch. That’s insanely valuable real estate and 2022 TDO would never build those resorts that way anymore, so I can’t even imagine what 2037ish TDO will think when they pull together the plans. I’d expect one or both to be wrecking balled and rebuilt as a new resort.

We’ve discussed this elsewhere (and it deserves its own thread) but it’s also possible or perhaps even likely that one or both resorts is reimagined from scratch. That’s insanely valuable real estate and 2022 TDO would never build those resorts that way anymore, so I can’t even imagine what 2037ish TDO will think when they pull together the plans. I’d expect one or both to be wrecking balled and rebuilt as a new resort.
TDO?

Also, how sad, but I can see that also.

There’s no way BCV and BWVs will be bulldozed. The conversion of recent hotels to DVC without demolishing the resort has already been established as the path of least resistance. They’ll just remodel and resell at top dollar with daily point charts that will set new highs throughout all DVC resorts. Thankfully that’s still 2 decades before we get there.

There’s no way BCV and BWVs will be bulldozed. The conversion of recent hotels to DVC without demolishing the resort has already been established as the path of least resistance. They’ll just remodel and resell at top dollar with daily point charts that will set new highs throughout all DVC resorts. Thankfully that’s still 2 decades before we get there.
But they did bulldoze part of CBR for RIVA, part fo CR for BLT... I'm not sure anything's proven, I think they have many tools and that's one of them.

But they did bulldoze part of CBR for RIVA, part fo CR for BLT... I'm not sure anything's proven, I think they have many tools and that's one of them.

Part of CBR and CR had to be bulldozed. Those existing buildings at each of those two resorts wouldn’t suit a DVC resort. BCV and BWV are already established. They’ll just do there what they did at Poly, CCV, and VGFs. Renovation and resell.
Much easier and cheaper. Points at BCV 2 and BWV 2 will sell like hot cakes. Why spend the extra money when they don’t have to.

I don’t see all bc going dvc, I don’t see any resort going all dvc unless dvc adopts more hotel room conversions and then All those fridge and microwave people will have an absolute meltdown

personally I do hope every resort goes into hotel conversion, but the die hard dvcers would literally lose their minds
Yes you are correct. A meltdown is not a strong enough word….:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter