Windows or Vista?

Windows or Vista?

• Get Windows! It's easier and you get your laptop now.

• Get Vista! Give us a software review when you're done searching it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Someybody

Sitting here.
Ok. Easy question here. Should I go ahead and get a laptop now with crapy windows...
Or get a laptop in 2007 and get the new Microsoft Vista?

I'm nto a very good descision maker and you guys are like my family (without the madness) and great disicion makers, so vote please!

Id say get a mac if I had I choice I would have gotten a mac windows or vita is made by the same company so it will be bad either way you go

I am in love with Windows...

I grew up with Windows and it is very easy for me to use.

jasonchesspawn said:
Id say get a mac if I had I choice I would have gotten a mac windows or vita is made by the same company so it will be bad either way you go
Uh, Jason. I hate Macs. They're so... slow. I wasn't really looking your a mac opinion.

Hold off till vitsa then because most pop ups and virus are set to windows (microsoft)

Uh oh. Bad news. Vista comes with it's own Security system so it will lock up any other sec. system you download (ex: AOL Secuity). Hopefully it's not to secure.

Someybody said:
Uh, Jason. I hate Macs. They're so... slow. I wasn't really looking your a mac opinion.
:guilty: i use a mac its the new 1 with a camera and i use a program called parallels and its like a window in all but the only problem is that you cant have sound otherweise it is really fast

Get XP Pro. Vista BADDDDDD! It runs on a 64MB so most of the programs for a 32MB system like XP won't work on vista. Or in the end you could always just buy a XP right now and then buy a upgrade cd if you feel the need to but remember this: I am never gonna buy vista even if it's the last windows OS in the world. I'll make my own dang OS before using it.

I'd wait until Vista gets all the bugs sorted out first before buying it. You'd rather not get lots of problems on the first couple of days..

Definately get Windows. Do you really want to be a guinea pig for vista while it is in first release? You can always upgrade at a later point in time.
Remember Microsoft's help policy?

"You have questions?. We have Dancing paperclips!!"

Grumpy_Disney_Dad said:
Definately get Windows. Do you really want to be a guinea pig for vista while it is in first release? You can always upgrade at a later point in time.
Remember Microsoft's help policy?

"You have questions?. We have Dancing paperclips!!"
Grumpy: Vista is in beta now, so the bugs will probably be gone after teh first month after the release.
Poke(mon): Same as Grumpy.
For everyone else: There's MasterCard. Wait, no. I think I'll get vista.

My thoughts:

Whatever you do, don't get a laptop now with Windows! Then you'll have to pay for the upgrade to Vista and that will cost a pretty penny. I'm testing Vista now, and with all the features it packs, I know it'll cost a lot.

Say you buy a $500 laptop now with Windows XP. In a couple months, when Vista rolls around, you'll have to buy the upgrade for at least $200 to $250. Total cost: between $700 and $750

Say you buy the same laptop, except with Vista, in a few months. It may cost a lottle more because of the new software needed to run Vista, but it still costs a lot less than the XP computer.
Total cost: roughly $600

So which one is better?

To clear up what other ppl said is next. I have worked extensively with the Vista project, so I know what is/isn't real.

Someybody said:
Uh oh. Bad news. Vista comes with it's own Security system so it will lock up any other sec. system you download (ex: AOL Secuity). Hopefully it's not to secure.

It doesn't. I have Norton AntiVirus 2007 ET1 for Vista and there is no "lock-up." And if it does, go into the control panel and disable Microsoft's security system.

Nanoer said:
Get XP Pro. Vista BADDDDDD! It runs on a 64MB so most of the programs for a 32MB system like XP won't work on vista. Or in the end you could always just buy a XP right now and then buy a upgrade cd if you feel the need to but remember this: I am never gonna buy vista even if it's the last windows OS in the world. I'll make my own dang OS before using it.

Wrong. It doesn't run on x64 unless you buy the x64 system and an x64 computer. Most XP programs work with Vista, including VMKpal, Java applets, Firefox, Netscape, Word (dating all the back to Word XP), and more. This is not true at all; I have tons of XP programs which work great on Vista. TONS. And do you realize how much Vista will cost?

More to come.

Get windows. Look at the poll, for every 8 windows lovers there are 2 vista lovers. Three forths of the voters enjoy windows. That pretty much tells you which to get.

TToryk said:
My thoughts:

Whatever you do, don't get a laptop now with Windows! Then you'll have to pay for the upgrade to Vista and that will cost a pretty penny. I'm testing Vista now, and with all the features it packs, I know it'll cost a lot.

Say you buy a $500 laptop now with Windows XP. In a couple months, when Vista rolls around, you'll have to buy the upgrade for at least $200 to $250. Total cost: between $700 and $750

Say you buy the same laptop, except with Vista, in a few months. It may cost a lottle more because of the new software needed to run Vista, but it still costs a lot less than the XP computer.
Total cost: roughly $600

So which one is better?

To clear up what other ppl said is next. I have worked extensively with the Vista project, so I know what is/isn't real.

It doesn't. I have Norton AntiVirus 2007 ET1 for Vista and there is no "lock-up." And if it does, go into the control panel and disable Microsoft's security system.

Wrong. It doesn't run on x64 unless you buy the x64 system and an x64 computer. Most XP programs work with Vista, including VMKpal, Java applets, Firefox, Netscape, Word (dating all the back to Word XP), and more. This is not true at all; I have tons of XP programs which work great on Vista. TONS. And do you realize how much Vista will cost?

More to come.

Those programs come with a x64 download so of course they will. Microsoft said that their putting only a x64 on vista in their newsletter thing. Most games for a x16 won't work on a x32 so the same for x32 games on a x64.

Someybody said:
Grumpy: Vista is in beta now, so the bugs will probably be gone after teh first month after the release.
Poke(mon): Same as Grumpy.
For everyone else: There's MasterCard. Wait, no. I think I'll get vista.
by following that line of thinking then there should never have been any updates or fixes for XP since it was out of beta when it was sold.
Sorry you have flawed logic Blue. I promise that as soon as Vista is released there will be lots of exploits and updates needed.

Any new OS will need tweaking I dont care how much beta it gets. Also bear in mind that an upgrade to Vista we be significantly less than a fresh install version

Also you might wantto consider that Vista is shipping with IE7 so not only are you getting OS bugs you will have new brower bugs too.

Nanoer said:
Those programs come with a x64 download so of course they will. Microsoft said that their putting only a x64 on vista in their newsletter thing. Most games for a x16 won't work on a x32 so the same for x32 games on a x64.

Sorry, I got the same newsletter. Vista HAS an x64 system, but there also is an x86 (aka 32-bit) version, which is what I'm testing on my PC.

And no, I got and used the standard x86 download for XP on all the mentioned software and used it with ABSOLUTELY no problems.

Sorry. I can't help but notice two things:

1) Mac=Slow. Not so. The new Intel core ones are as fast (if not faster) than some computers out there that are windows. And not crappy ones. Real good ones. People always seem to be negative towards the minority.

2)New=Better. Microsoft has proved that that is not always right. But, I really enjoy some of the things Vista offers, aka Aero, IE7 (IE7 wont' download for me computer), and a MUCH better interface. And the release date for common people is at least January. Then all the different versions (I think 7 in all) will be sold. Personally, I prefer to wait for reviews then to review 'em my self. I see no reason why Vista will be a dud.

(This is not targeted at ANYONE^^^) Btw, there's always the option of Leopard, the upgrade to Apple's Tiger.

JoeD said:
Who in the world still only has 64MB?

Even the cheapest laptops now come with 512MB and even then you are not looking hard enough - I have a Staples ad in front of me that has a laptop with 1GB for $699 and another with 2GB for $999. I have a Circus City ad and every desktop system they sell has at least 1GB.

Do you really expect new software to be produced that has new features and new capabilities and still use the same amount of memory as a previous version?

I didn't mean ram I meant a 64bit processor

Oh and I have IE7 beta and it's sooooooo slow. It windows 7 versions to get tabbed browsing right. What does that tell you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter