Windows or Vista?

Windows or Vista?

• Get Windows! It's easier and you get your laptop now.

• Get Vista! Give us a software review when you're done searching it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love IE7, I got it when in the first beta release and watched my speed increase, especially on VMK - and for the record, I HATE tabbed browsing, I turned that sucker off in about 2 1/2 seconds

Someone said that Vista will be bug free in a month after release? I almost fell out of my chair. From 1998 to 2000 I worked for a Microsoft Outsourcer doing customer support for Office, IE and Outlook Express - I was there when "the greatest operating system ever released" came out - yes, I am talking about the biggest pile of you know what ever released: Millenium, I also trudged through the first 6 months of Win2K and IE5 before I couldnt take it any more and quit. I now work for a great company which waits 3 years before installing operating systems, except for Macs (Anyone upgrade their Mac from Tiger to Panther and NOT want to kill Steve Jobs when they were done?) Anyway, it will be a minimum of 2 years before they shake out most of the bugs in Vista, and they will never actually get every bug out of it. XP still has bugs, still has hotfixes being applied etc.

mtlhddoc2 said:
I love IE7, I got it when in the first beta release and watched my speed increase, especially on VMK - and for the record, I HATE tabbed browsing, I turned that sucker off in about 2 1/2 seconds

Someone said that Vista will be bug free in a month after release? I almost fell out of my chair. From 1998 to 2000 I worked for a Microsoft Outsourcer doing customer support for Office, IE and Outlook Express - I was there when "the greatest operating system ever released" came out - yes, I am talking about the biggest pile of you know what ever released: Millenium, I also trudged through the first 6 months of Win2K and IE5 before I couldnt take it any more and quit. I now work for a great company which waits 3 years before installing operating systems, except for Macs (Anyone upgrade their Mac from Tiger to Panther and NOT want to kill Steve Jobs when they were done?) Anyway, it will be a minimum of 2 years before they shake out most of the bugs in Vista, and they will never actually get every bug out of it. XP still has bugs, still has hotfixes being applied etc.

First beta of IE7 was crap. It took half a minute for the msn homepage to load up.

Nanoer said:
First beta of IE7 was crap. It took half a minute for the msn homepage to load up.

Well, thats why.... Never use a microsoft product to try and run another microsoft product lol

Actually I just read the circulars for next weeks sales and Office Depot and Best Buy both are offering free upgrade to VISTA if you purchase now.

So no need to wait.

Mal

mtlhddoc2 said:
Well, thats why.... Never use a microsoft product to try and run another microsoft product lol

Exactly my point.. don't try to use vista to load up IE7 if you get it :rotfl:

Nanoer said:
Oh and I have IE7 beta and it's sooooooo slow. It windows 7 versions to get tabbed browsing right. What does that tell you?

In case you haven't noticed or aren't in with the latest technology, there is no more IE7 beta. Just go to www.microsoft.com and click on the IE7 logo. It's done and slightly better than the betas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter