Windwalker Walking Journal

Great job getting out there especially since the weather is less than perfect! :thumbsup2 Brrrr!:cold:

Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

~Tracy

Tracy I can't wait till next year to do that Goofy and meet the wish folks I will be talking to this year. I met several this year but next year after we have talked all year it will be extra special.

Dave:)

Good moning wish warriors.

Quote I heard on the View this morning: "Half the world is starving and the other half is on a diet."

Today was 25 degrees so the treadmill won out. Good three mile walk with the middle mile at 12 mpm pace. Then a good stretch and soak in the hot tub, followed by a nap and a good healthy lunch. Yep, life is good, then you go to work.

Walk/run strong y'all.

Good morning WISH friends.

Today was another cold dreary day, but with a smile on my face and a song in my heart I went to the gym for an adventure on the treadmill. Ended up doing three and a half miles of wonderful iPod music and legs feeling great. I finished the walk with a quarter mile sprint at 10 mpm pace.

I was thinking about when your feet and your music are in sync. You are rocking to the music and it matches perfectly the pace you want to go at. For that time all is right with the world. You become beautiful and graceful, the world has to go on hold while you become one with the music and your moving body. You become hard muscle stretched over spring steel, you are in your zone.

Have a great day y'all, walk/run strong.

I got off to a late start today. It was 20 degrees at 7 am when I usually head out. The weather was forcasted to go to 49 and be sunny so I decided to wait a bit and go outside and play instead of another dull treadmill walk.

When it hit 40 at noon I headed out. The 11 mph brisk wind was interesting but the sun felt good after several gray days. I ended up with about 5 miles in 11:04. Good walk with enough effort to be a quality workout.

Tomorrow will be a rest, I've had a good week with 28.5 miles.

Walk strong y'all.

Ok Dave you did just enough this week to beat my 27 miles:sad2:

Erica:hug: :love:

PS :cheer2:

Sweetheart I might have gone a mile and a half longer but you looked way more beautiful doing it.

I proclaim today as a day of rest. It's been a good week with a 10 miler a 7 miler, a hard 5 miler with wind and 2 treadmill adventures.

Walk strong y'all.

Woke up this morning to light snow flurries. I sure hope it doesn't stick the 28 degrees and wind are bad enouth. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Another rest day today, tomorrow we are back to the back to back long walks, monday plans are 10 miles and tues plan is 7 or 8. These actually feel pretty good.

The shoes I bought at the Disney Expo, Brooks ST 2 racers are doing a good job for me. They are fast becomeing my best training shoe. The NB 111 racewalking shoes are still my short distance racing shoes but the ST 2s are looking like they will be the long distance racers for me.

Sweetheart I might have gone a mile and a half longer but you looked way more beautiful doing it.

Dave, that was so nice of you!:goodvibes Great job on the 28.5 miles! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hi Erica!:wave2: Welcome to WISH!:goodvibes That is wonderful that you got in 27 miles this week!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hope you both have a wonderful week ahead!:sunny:

Dave, that was so nice of you!:goodvibes Great job on the 28.5 miles! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hi Erica!:wave2: Welcome to WISH!:goodvibes That is wonderful that you got in 27 miles this week!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hope you both have a wonderful week ahead!:sunny:

That was a very nice thing to say Tracy, thank you.

Today is not going to be the best of days. To start with it's 12 degrees out so any walking will be in the mall or on the treadmill, haven't decided which yet.

One of our dogs, a chow/border mix has been becomming more and more agressive both to us and the other two dogs. Yesterday she bit the chocolate lab pretty bad. A trip to the vet is never pleasent. This one will be especially unpleasent.

Dave:sad2:

We ended up not walking at all yesterday. But we did drive down to Nashville today to walk at the Opry Mills Mall. The mall is huge and just about a mile per full loop. We did 6 miles, then had a wonderful lunch at Tony Romas.

I was good and had a delightful grilled fish with steamed veggies and rice. Erica was not so rightously healthy and had a half rack of baby backs. She did choose the steamed broccoli instead of the loaf of onion rings that we used to get.

Walk/run strong y'all

Tony Roma's ribs are so good! So is the onion loaf!:goodvibes Yummy!

That's a great idea going to a mall to walk and then having a nice lunch/dinner afterwards. We have had almost a foot of snow fall here in Ohio the past few days and that sounds like a great way to get some exercise in since I can't walk outside. :( Maybe I can convince my DH to take us to the mall tomorrow on his day off.:goodvibes

Keep up the good work Dave and Erica!:cheer2:

Tony Roma's ribs are so good! So is the onion loaf!:goodvibes Yummy!

That's a great idea going to a mall to walk and then having a nice lunch/dinner afterwards. We have had almost a foot of snow fall here in Ohio the past few days and that sounds like a great way to get some exercise in since I can't walk outside. :( Maybe I can convince my DH to take us to the mall tomorrow on his day off.:goodvibes

Keep up the good work Dave and Erica!:cheer2:

Good morning Tracy and Wish folks.

Well it's 9 degrees and the weather forcast is for record cold for the next few weeks. Come on weather gods, I'm a wish warrior you gotta cut me some slack here.

We have a half marathon at the end of march and the Flying Pig, the first week of may. So we need some good weather to get those long miles in.

Today will be a treadmill adventure. Yummy. I might treat myself to a soak in the hot whirlpool after the treadmill. I should swim but it's hard to swim when it's so cold even in a heated pool.

Todays workout was a good 4 miler on the treadmill. Most at 13:20 per mile but some quarters at 12 mpm. Then the soak and stretching in the hot tub.

Eating was pretty good last night, salad with grilled chicken for dinner and wine in the evening.

Walk/run strong y'all.

Can it already be Feb? Only 11 more months till we get Goofy!!!!

Another 4 miles on the treadmill for me today speed varied from 4 to 6 mph. It was ok but I sure wish it would get warm so I could play outside again.

Erica walked a half marathon distance in 2:49 yesterday, she is coming along.

Walk/run strong y'all.

Found you!!!! I made it outside today....snowing when I went out, very cold, but managed. Yoga tomorrow....very short lsd LOL with my Erika on Saturday. Whoohoo

Jen

Found you!!!! I made it outside today....snowing when I went out, very cold, but managed. Yoga tomorrow....very short lsd LOL with my Erika on Saturday. Whoohoo

Jen

Hello Jen glad you decided to give wish a look, great people over here.

Just 2 miles today on the treadmill today. Enough to stay loose but basicly just a rest day. It snowed last night and it took a while to get to the Gym so most of the workout time was taken up getting there. Oh well I needed a rest day any way.

I'm starting to eat to much in the evening again, need to get that under controll.

Walk/run strong Wish team.

NO, NO, No!!! I need you to be strong with the eating so I can be strong!!! You have to lead by example! We don't want to be singing, "I like big Butts!" at the Pig, right????

NO, NO, No!!! I need you to be strong with the eating so I can be strong!!! You have to lead by example! We don't want to be singing, "I like big Butts!" at the Pig, right????

Ok, thanks I needed a good chuckle today. I'll have to show that to Erica, she will get a kick out of it to.

So tonight no starved shark eating!!!!! I can do this.

Good morning everyone.

I woke up to 16 degrees and I'm still whinning and moaning so not sure what todays workout will be. Is sleeping soundly considered crosstraining?:rolleyes1

When I turned on the weather channel to check the forcast I saw all the damage to central Florida and thought I shouldn't whine so much it could be a heap worse. Those poor folks there don't even have a home left.

Hopefully I can get my pudgy butt out there and walk soon.

Walk/run strong y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter