Windwalker Walking Journal

Today was just 2 easy miles in the mall, 18 degrees and icey outside again. But hay monday is going to be sunny and 50 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna do some LSD tomorrow with my lady, "yea Baby". Oh my that will be so nice.

Dave:)

The weather finally turned nice and we were able to get outside.

We, Erica and I, walked 10.1 miles in 2:11, this was about 12:56 per mile pace. It felt wonderful. I was teasing Eirca with happy feet dance steps as we walked, that hard to do and keep good racewalking technique:cool1: but I was just so happy to finally be able to play outside after being penned up inside so long.

We have a half marathon in 5 weeks with a 3 hour time limit. That shouldn't be an issue since we plan on doing it in 2:45. It's through Ky farm land on back roads so I don't know why they even bothered with a time limit.

Walk strong y'all, may the spirit of the mouse be with you always.

Wow is it spring? It was 55 degrees with a breese, we wore SHORTS, yeah baby!!!!!!

We did 7 miles in 1:31, with the first mile a warm-up and the last a cool down.

Wonderful walk, with Erica, one of those days you just love being out there.

Wow is it spring? It was 55 degrees with a breese, we wore SHORTS, yeah baby!!!!!!

:eek: :scared1: Wowee! Can you please send some of that weather up to Ohio? Please, please, please, please, please! I'm not begging or anything!:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

You guys are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!:cool1:

I got a PR!!!!! I got a PR!!!!!!!

I have a 4 mile route that has a couple of pretty long steep hills, my PR has been 51 min and some seconds, dog chewed up the log so I don't know for sure. I did it this morning in 49:22, and felt great, didn't feel like I was working that hard at all. This is the first good hill work since nthe Disney full.

Walk stron y'all.

Today I did my double super secret workout. I need to do this once a week. I need to be lean and mean and strong as a bear when the racing season starts.

I see that some of the country is still gettingsome yucky weather, you guys hang in there your day is coming.

Walk strong y'all

You and Erica are doing a wonderful job!:goodvibes I hope good weather comes our way soon. I have been wanting to get out and walk myself, but the snow and ice is still on the sidewalks. I can't wait for Spring!:banana:

You and Erica are doing a wonderful job!:goodvibes I hope good weather comes our way soon. I have been wanting to get out and walk myself, but the snow and ice is still on the sidewalks. I can't wait for Spring!:banana:

We are going to Ohio the first weekend of May for the Flying Pig, we decided to do the half since all our friends are doing the half. Will you guys be coming down for that?

Is this month really almost over, dang where is this year going???

Erica and I did our regular 10 mile LSD today. The weather was low 40s with a breeze and overcast so felt even colder than it was. We did and easy 13:30 pace that felt very comfortable.

Walk strong y'all.

Shorts. I'm so jealous. We have had freezing rain and snow. I'm dying to get outside and try out my Garmin.

Enjoy that weather!

Shorts. I'm so jealous. We have had freezing rain and snow. I'm dying to get outside and try out my Garmin.

Enjoy that weather!

I'm sure you being outside with shorts would melt that snow really quickly.

It's a little chilly here this morning right now, 27 degrees but it's forcasted to get to 51 degrees. We are off to trail walk if it gets nice.

Come see us on the DisneyRunning.com forums.

Dave

We are going to Ohio the first weekend of May for the Flying Pig, we decided to do the half since all our friends are doing the half. Will you guys be coming down for that?

Where is it at in Ohio? I don't think I have heard of this before....

Great job with your walks! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Where is it at in Ohio? I don't think I have heard of this before....

Great job with your walks! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

The flying pig is in Cincinnati. It's a big deal with races all weekend. There is a 5 k and 10k on Saturday and a half and full on Sunday. We go down on friday and stay the whole weekend. Nice dinners and company with other walkers and runners.

Dave

Weird workout forn the Windwalker team.

Erica and I went about a mile and a half at a good pace then she started getting bad stomach cramps. I took off as fast as I could to get the jeep and go back and pick her up. That mile and a half back was very fast but untimed. I don't know what catagory to place this workout into, maybe negative splits?

Walk strong everyone.

I hope Erica is feeling better! I'm sure your run back to the jeep counted as double miles when you factor in the stress!

I've tried mall walking, it worked out about as well as the water aerobics class I tried. I'm 'too young' and was verbally accosted by the 'blue hair' groups at both places. They were none too happy with my presence!

Eventually I'm going to get to that site you mentioned. It's in my brain, at least! I'd love to learn to racewalk, but I tend to be rather uncoordinated and have a rebuilt ankle that sometimes isn't too friendly.

Have a great rest of the week! Take good care of each other!

I hope Erica is feeling better! I'm sure your run back to the jeep counted as double miles when you factor in the stress!

I've tried mall walking, it worked out about as well as the water aerobics class I tried. I'm 'too young' and was verbally accosted by the 'blue hair' groups at both places. They were none too happy with my presence!

Eventually I'm going to get to that site you mentioned. It's in my brain, at least! I'd love to learn to racewalk, but I tend to be rather uncoordinated and have a rebuilt ankle that sometimes isn't too friendly.

Have a great rest of the week! Take good care of each other!

Erica is feeling better. Last year we were at Gattlinburg, Tenn, in the Smokies. Everyday we had a big breakfast, eggs home fries sasuage toast and went fast walking on the steep hills of the towns.

That's what we did today. She is a lot faster now than she was then, about 3 min a mile on the hills, so I guess the big breakfast is out now for pre workout meal. Sounds like this would be a no brainer but it was fine last year.

Also I didn't run back to the Jeep but racewalked, I can't run on my achillies without it being very painful. I think I was going about a 10 min mile pace though. I would start to slow then push on again after a few seconds slower.

Well I was just a bit sore rom yesterday's imprompto mile and a half sprint. So even though the weather was nice today I decided to take my rest day early this week.

Walk strong y'all.

Well since yesterday was a rest day I thought I better get my pudgy **** out there and walk. It was pouring rain with tornado warnings and strong cross winds so the mall won out.

I walked 4 miles in 48:27 with the first mile slow to warm-up and the rest around 11 something per mile. It was a good walk, no hills but lots of turns, does that count?

Walk strong y'all.

Good morning everyone.

Well I was driving to the mall for another walk when I met Erica coming home, she was bringing breakfast. Well, being a man, and how men feel about a beautiful woman bringing breakfast.....

So the question of the day, does breakfast and a nap count as crosstraining?

Walk strong everyone.

Good morningeveryone.:hippie:

Today was my double super secret workout. This workout and my hill training is going to be my edge when I go to the national competition.

Walk strong y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter