Wine and Dine 2015

I feel you, I am in michigan, even crazier I am contemplating one in February too.

I was the snowiest city in the US last year it was aweful we got smaller storms during the week and feet every Sunday for over a month. Aweful. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. Haha. Snowy states are so hit or miss.

I'm going to be doing plenty of runs in the snow this winter. Should be a fun learning experience...

Well, I just impulse registered for a half in MA for this Sunday to make up for last weekend. I was going to do one 11/22, but that would have been 5 weeks out from my last long run. This weekend it is! I hope my feet have recovered from all the park walking by then. :D They still hurt!

I'll be running tomorrow as well in a local race here in Tallahassee! Good luck!

Re: etiquette...I was in H and saw the same woman in a white jacket just yelling out to every walker "walkers on the right!" For half the race. I think she said it to me once. Now, I run a half mile, walk 30-45 seconds. I ALWAYS looked behind me and put my arm up before stopping. Even then, I power walk. But this time I saw a pack of walkers in the middle and saw runners on both sides so I figured it was safer to just walk right behind the pack. Normally I would move to the L or R shoulder. I also ran this in about 1:20. So going back to the R side isnt always feasible, but I was always aware and safe and sometimes even walked outside the cones. I thought the race program said get to the sides to walk, not just the R side. So ya that annoyed me a little.

But when the trail to the BW happened I heard her yelling it behind me at some others, and it was just too packed to get over there. So I think people understood to do your best until this path ends. But not this woman...she started yelling it louder and I heard people yelling back that they couldn't get over. So she kept repeating it like a brokrn record until one woman in a sort of I will not take your shiz anymore!! Voice just screamed "NO. I WON'T!"

It. Was. Hysterical.

That lady yelled at my husband and I too on the Hollywood Studios/Boardwalk path (we were in corral H as well)! I gave my husband a look and held my tongue but I really wanted to give her a piece of my mind.

I was just on the RunDisney site, and noticed that while the countdown to race tickers are still there, the percent full indicators are missing from all the races I checked. Wonder what's up with that?

No race picked out here yet, but I did run yesterday and today. First time since I injured my calf in May that I ran back-to-back days. Will start looking at races early next week.

DW and I wanted to say- we immensely enjoyed this thread, and are sorry that we didn't meet anybody last weekend. We learned a lot, and will return to post our experiences in the future.

I was just on the RunDisney site, and noticed that while the countdown to race tickers are still there, the percent full indicators are missing from all the races I checked. Wonder what's up with that?

Weird, right?

I thought maybe it was a way for rD to secretly sell bibs they got returned without announcing, so I checked on Tink and everything was sold out except for the Half.

To those talking about makeup races, at this point I'm not likely to do a different half marathon before the end of the year, but am looking closely at possibilities for 2016. I'd like to do one in the spring/early summer for sure, and maybe one in the fall as well.

For anyone still feeling a little salty I recommend listening to the Mickey Miles podcast on Wine and Dine. It gave a few insights that I haven't seen before. For example the race was in jeopardy before those storms even popped up from the heat and humidity, and the volunteers at animal kingdom were evacuated around the time those crazy winds came in and the temp dropped. They give a really level headed report on the race.

I still feel like I'm the only person who didn't really notice the heat. For the first time in my life I think I hydrated properly haha

Anyway here's a link for that podcast. http://www.mickeymilespodcast.com/listen/
I cannot imagine the backlash runDisney would be getting if the race was cancelled due to the heat and humidity.

Maybe it was because of the winds and storms dropping the temps/humidity a bit, but I too didn't really get affected by the heat too much once we were started. I noticed it immediately upon starting, but adjusted really quickly and felt really good the whole way through. I too think I hydrated well throughout the day which probably played a part as well.

Kind of random thought - but did anyone get the free grab bag at the expo from the Disney Springs booth? They handed us the bag and a flier/map and I just kind of figured that was it. But it felt heavy so I started going through and my brother and I were laughing hysterically walking down the aisles saying OMG IT NEVER ENDS, SO MUCH SWAG

lol. But seriously, there was a lot of stuff in that bag!!

Kind of random thought - but did anyone get the free grab bag at the expo from the Disney Springs booth? They handed us the bag and a flier/map and I just kind of figured that was it. But it felt heavy so I started going through and my brother and I were laughing hysterically walking down the aisles saying OMG IT NEVER ENDS, SO MUCH SWAG

Awe man I didn't get to check the booths out this year as I had to run in grab bib and official merch and run out. Sounds fun!

I did get a bag. They were putting 3 CD's from Ragland Road in the bag. Haven't listened to them yet.

I cannot imagine the backlash runDisney would be getting if the race was cancelled due to the heat and humidity.

Maybe it was because of the winds and storms dropping the temps/humidity a bit, but I too didn't really get affected by the heat too much once we were started. I noticed it immediately upon starting, but adjusted really quickly and felt really good the whole way through. I too think I hydrated well throughout the day which probably played a part as well.

I was glad they didn't. I live south of Disney and train in the heat. I understand that most come from cooler places and they have to take that into consideration. It would be the same situation for those in the south to go north for an event and have it start in the 20/30's. I would not be used to running in the cold and really would not like it.

Aw man, I wish I'd seen the swag bags at the Disney Springs booth! All I got was a baggie of dried pea pod things and some Tylenol and a coupon from spinning the wheel at the GoodSense booth.

Hmm, I haven't opened the cd case yet. Are there really 3 cd's in there? wow. I also got vans sunglasses, a Disney springs water bottle, a soap bar from basin, some aftershave from that new shop they opened that I gave to my brother, some coupons and I think a couple of other things. The bag is actually kind of cute, not the most durable quality, but we actually used it quite a few times during the trip. I do think they ran out pretty early.

We did official merch first at about 10:15 - complete free for all. I had two sizes of the hoodie, a tank, and a water bottle and I went over to the mirror to try the two sizes on. While I was changing I hung them right in front of me on the bars next to the mirror. Multiple people actually started coming up and checking the tags for sizes on my shirts. I had to swat them away! Only one woman who started to take one stopped, looked at me and said oh are these yours? It was the size I decided against so I told her to take it. But wow! Anyways, by the time we left there we got one of the springs bags, then went to get my bib, and returned, and by then they were gone.

All I got were those pea pod things. DD25 got a pair of free compression socks from the Active booth as they had sent her an email to stop and get them. But she pays for the full membership with them. I wish I had seen the Disney Springs bags!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter