Wine and Dine 2015

12241541_10204741897136570_1040388439761385324_n.jpg

Finished my first half this morning! And I met my sub 3:00 goal!

Just got back from the Harborside Half Marathon in Newburyport, MA. I came so close to my sub-2:45 goal! 2:45:08. I can think of so many spots where I could have made up 8 seconds...oh well. :) I did run long, 13.25, so I will console myself with the knowledge that even though I don't have an official race sub-2:45 YET, I did make it for 13.1. :D That is an almost 9 minute PR for me.

I really felt that 4 week taper, though, the last 3-4 miles. They were very tough... I had to walk more than my regular intervals.

Just got back from the Harborside Half Marathon in Newburyport, MA. I came so close to my sub-2:45 goal! 2:45:08. I can think of so many spots where I could have made up 8 seconds...oh well. :) I did run long, 13.25, so I will console myself with the knowledge that even though I don't have an official race sub-2:45 YET, I did make it for 13.1. :D That is an almost 9 minute PR for me.

I really felt that 4 week taper, though, the last 3-4 miles. They were very tough... I had to walk more than my regular intervals.

Yay!!! Kudos to you both!! Great work, great inspiration:)

Kind of random thought - but did anyone get the free grab bag at the expo from the Disney Springs booth? They handed us the bag and a flier/map and I just kind of figured that was it. But it felt heavy so I started going through and my brother and I were laughing hysterically walking down the aisles saying OMG IT NEVER ENDS, SO MUCH SWAG

lol. But seriously, there was a lot of stuff in that bag!!

Yes, we did. I stopped by to ask about the new Jock Lindsey restaurant and they gave me a bag after answering my question.

Congratulations to you both. Great runs.

I have about decided that my shoes are the cause of my ankle pain. I love, love, love my Nike Free 5.0's! They're lightweight, have a sock-like feel, with no inner seams or anything rubbing anywhere on my feet and have a very slight heel drop (.5mm I think). But they just aren't supporting my ankles! Does anyone know of any running shoes that have all the things I love about my Nike's, but with more ankle support?

I have a half coming up this weekend. It's the White River run in Arkansas. I've never run it before, but it's supposed to be a great course. Starts out downhill and then stays flat. I'm loving that. :)

I have about decided that my shoes are the cause of my ankle pain. I love, love, love my Nike Free 5.0's! They're lightweight, have a sock-like feel, with no inner seams or anything rubbing anywhere on my feet and have a very slight heel drop (.5mm I think). But they just aren't supporting my ankles! Does anyone know of any running shoes that have all the things I love about my Nike's, but with more ankle support?

I dont know of any off the top of my head because my shoe preference is a little different than yours, but this is the great part about running stores. You tell them what you want they'll have you run in them outside or on a treadmill. I'm weird I like getting fitted for running shoes...

You may want to check out Altras if you like the no-drop. That is their thing, zero drop. I run in the highly cushioned models, but they have some less cushioned ones that may have more of the same feel as the Nike Frees... I am not sure though, I have never seen the Nike ones.

I dont know of any off the top of my head because my shoe preference is a little different than yours, but this is the great part about running stores. You tell them what you want they'll have you run in them outside or on a treadmill. I'm weird I like getting fitted for running shoes...

Yeah, I will go there eventually. But I live in a little Podunk town and the closest running store is over an hour away. No time in the immediate future for heading up there.

You may want to check out Altras if you like the no-drop. That is their thing, zero drop. I run in the highly cushioned models, but they have some less cushioned ones that may have more of the same feel as the Nike Frees... I am not sure though, I have never seen the Nike ones.

Thanks! I will check them out!. :)

I have very bad ankles from multiple sprains and rolls while playing soccer. To the point I have to wear braces on both when I play soccer or want to run on anything other than the road or track. I can not wear the Nike Free as they are designed for a lightweight/barefoot like feel. I have to wear either a neutral or stability shoe to provide the most comfort, the problem is with the extra structure comes additional weight. I pretty much wear the Pegasus (neutral, about 3 oz more per shoe than the Free and a 10mm drop), but they would never fall into the 'lightweight' category. My local running store got me into a pair of Mizunos, which are lighter weight and still cushioned/structured but I find I can only wear them for 10k and shorter runs (more of a comfort thing than an ankle pain issue).

It is horrible that your running store is so far away as the best way to find the right shoe for you is to try them out. My local store (shout out to Big Peach!!) allows us to try shoes out for a couple of weeks and return them if they are not what we desire.

Welp it's time for redemption-just signed DH and I up for the Star Wars Half in April. Training in the Midwest in the winter is going to be a beast, but oh well. Anyone thinking about joining?

Welp it's time for redemption-just signed DH and I up for the Star Wars Half in April. Training in the Midwest in the winter is going to be a beast, but oh well. Anyone thinking about joining?

Already signed up for the dark side challenge :)

In the corrals right after hearing they dropped 6 miles, I heard people behind me say they signed up for the half on their phone right there.

Everyone must be signing up with a travel agent. I am in for the challenge and was looking on RD before W&D and it was showing sold out.

Alright I just got the email from RunDisney talking about the race and weather and blah blah. Pardon my teenage language, but I thought it was lame. It provided no new information and served solely to provide more support for their decision and probably ignore our emails. And it sounds like even though we ran about 7 miles, they are timing it as a 10k instead of taking the measurement. I wasn't even that upset that they had to modify it, but that email just bugged me for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter