Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Isn't that a typo? Suspect they meant it will open at 4:00 and stay open until last runner crosses.

That’s one of the things I am curious about. It’s been speculated that they may need to recycle the A or B corral to accommodate E hence the 5am opening.

Not gonna lie - if they are, in fact, planning to not load corral E until other corrals have gone, I’m a little worried about how well planned this is. Because I’ve been around when they’ve decided to do something weird and new and rarely has it felt well executed. Like where do they think all those E people will be, if not in their corral? Is there going to be a stampede for the front of it when it does open - are they prepared for that?!

I’m also having flashbacks to that one SW half - maybe year 2? - when a single volunteer decided to close a corral without warning, way ahead of what was necessary, while HUNDREDS of us were still in potty lines. It wasn’t pretty. Other volunteers tried to reason with them, to no avail, and ultimately the crowd took matters into its own hands, as a few big guys simply pushed the barricades apart and everyone pushed through. There was no stopping that many people from getting into their designated corral!

Not gonna lie - if they are, in fact, planning to not load corral E until other corrals have gone, I’m a little worried about how well planned this is. Because I’ve been around when they’ve decided to do something weird and new and rarely has it felt well executed. Like where do they think all those E people will be, if not in their corral? Is there going to be a stampede for the front of it when it does open - are they prepared for that?!

I’m also having flashbacks to that one SW half - maybe year 2? - when a single volunteer decided to close a corral without warning, way ahead of what was necessary, while HUNDREDS of us were still in potty lines. It wasn’t pretty. Other volunteers tried to reason with them, to no avail, and ultimately the crowd took matters into its own hands, as a few big guys simply pushed the barricades apart and everyone pushed through. There was no stopping that many people from getting into their designated corral!
I had the same question about the potential stampede to the front of the corral if it does indeed open at 5:00. Time-conscious people worried about being swept get to the corral super early to get a buffer and I think the onslaught of people fighting to get to the front right at 5:00 AM when literally everyone will already be there could result in serious injuries.

All long sleeved! I can open the medals too if y’all have questions. I’m doing 5k in person, can’t wait to see that shirt! The shirts match the images for the virtual races.

Thing I'm only paying attention to because of indicators for MW:

the VQ opens at 7:30 for day 1 of the expo? Is this yet another new time? I feel like it's been at 7 and and 8 in the past. But I haven't gone back and looked at previous year's threads yet....

just checked my notes from this past MW and it was also at 7:30.

Thing I'm only paying attention to because of indicators for MW:

the VQ opens at 7:30 for day 1 of the expo? Is this yet another new time? I feel like it's been at 7 and and 8 in the past. But I haven't gone back and looked at previous year's threads yet....

just checked my notes from this past MW and it was also at 7:30.
I believe it opens at 8:30 EST, unless I read that incorrectly on the email I got a couple weeks ago.

I believe it opens at 8:30 EST, unless I read that incorrectly on the email I got a couple weeks ago.
the event guide says
" Select “Join Virtual Queue” on the My Queues screen and then select “runDisney Merchandise Shop.” Guests can request to join the virtual queue at 7:30 AM Eastern Time on November 2, 2023."

Of course, there's always a chance it says something else in a different portion of the event guide. :crazy:

the event guide says
" Select “Join Virtual Queue” on the My Queues screen and then select “runDisney Merchandise Shop.” Guests can request to join the virtual queue at 7:30 AM Eastern Time on November 2, 2023."

Of course, there's always a chance it says something else in a different portion of the event guide. :crazy:
1698073735493.png

This is what I see on the event guide. *shrug*

Is it 730 or 830? We live just outside the bubble
I know last years W&D was 730 so my sister ended up driving around across Lakeland till she was in the zone (which isn’t a safe thing to do) (we were group 50 were called at 12:15 and merch was well stocked)

Springtime was at 830 and I drove around town (as a passenger) before calling my running buddy for that weekend who lives in Auburndale at 8:27 to tell her get on the app (we were group 44 were called at 11:30 most pins and Passholder merch were sold out)

We assumed it was 830 based on earlier posts and had planned on leaving at 8 to go closer to the parks for breakfast…

Question: I am registered for the 10K and something beyond my control (not health-related) came up and I won’t be able to make it. I know my registration is forfeited, but should I notify runDisney anyway? Also, I assume anything I pre-purchased is forfeit as well?

Question: I am registered for the 10K and something beyond my control (not health-related) came up and I won’t be able to make it. I know my registration is forfeited, but should I notify runDisney anyway? Also, I assume anything I pre-purchased is forfeit as well?
I would reach out to runDisney and let them know. It's hit or miss (seems more miss than hit), but sometimes people are able to get at least some of their race registration refunded onto a gift card. It may even open a spot for someone else to register.

Let's hope for runDisney's sake that it actually is at 8:30 EST because if it ends up being at 7:30 and half or more of the participants miss the VQ when it opens, people will riot.... 🤣
so the event guide (which we know recycles a LOT from weekend to weekend) says 7:30. And we know that sometimes info is incorrect when they cycle it into a new weekend. But it's also the thing that everything (including non-participants who may come buy stuff) can see; including those who may not get emails for whatever reason.

But, participants have received an email which states ***8:30***.

Hooooo boy. I do not envy any of you.

Last edited:
so the event guide (which we know recycles a LOT from weekend to weekend) says 7:30. And we know that sometimes info is incorrect when they cycle it into a new weekend. But it's also the thing that everything (including non-participants who may come buy stuff) can see; including those who may not get emails for whatever reason.

But, participants have received an email which states ***8:30***.

Hooooo boy. I do not envy any of you.
It'll open at its usual time. RunDisney's new Canadian intern just sent out the email in Atlantic Time.

Just another reason I’ll be hitting EP upon arrival Thurs, won’t go near the expo until later afternoon, and will be skipping merch entirely!
I thought I could skip Princess merch but my cousin is doing the 5K+challenge and wants to see what merch is available. "Incoming!"

Just another reason I’ll be hitting EP upon arrival Thurs, won’t go near the expo until later afternoon, and will be skipping merch entirely!
I want to skip the VQ/mad dash for merch, but literally the only thing I collect from the races are the mini medal pins and they sell out super fast. And I'm not about to pay triple the price to a stupid reseller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter