** WISH Volunteers for WDW Marathon Weekend **

I'm trying to orientate myself....what is that road underneath? Where did you get that from?

Got it from WDW Memories, but there's not much there to help. Check out Google Earth like I noted above adn that's teh best I can figure out.

OK, I think I got it. The map you just posted is upsidedown compared to the Google Earth one. Pluto is actually quite close to the Poly, but I'm not sure there is pedestrian access as there might be a fence or trees. I will just have to ask at the desk when I get there. If we can't get there by foot, I may just have to take either you or Jackie up on your offer. If so, we'll be ready and waiting for you.

We still have been getting mail, alas nothing about water stop #2. :sad2:

Kisses? :confused:
I think we should get 2 park tickets if we are going to be kissing sweaty runners! :rotfl:

Picky, picky, picky.......... :teeth:

Jeanne - I just got the same information via e-mail. Thansk fro letting me know, though.

Looks like Kevin won't have to carry so much water. ;) Scott adn I were moved to #9 with mom and dad. I liked teh idea of doing 2, but much easy if we are all together when we will only have one car.

Thank goodness for that... was going to look like a pack mule otherwise...

Kevin :earsboy:

There is a walkway from the Poly across the road to the parking lots. I guess from there they are taking us to the Waterstop?? Pretty cool as I can walk out from the Poly on Sunday morning without having to get up too early!!

Tracy

I got my volunteer info in the mail today. I am working as a "Course Monitor Epcot Start Area Volunteer" from 3 to 9. It says parking location "Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex".

Does that mean that they will provide transportation from WWoS to Epcot? and does this mean that I MUST meet at WWoS before going to Epcot?

Well I've been mis-assigned and in the process of waiting for a reply. I emailed the Volunteer people on 12/15 (last monday) requesting the change.

We signed up for Water Stop #7 on the Full course. Mom, Cathy and Susan have all received confirmation for that stop. I on the other hand received what really would be the MOST AWESOME water stop if it wasn't for the small matter that my ride and traveling party are all going elsewhere :scared:

I'm currently assigned RED Water Stop # 2. I know, I know it's the BESTEST water stop on the Full Marathon course. I readily agree as I do recall seeing some of my favorite people there last year :hug:

If they don't move me, I am thinking my back up is this.... have my friends drop me off. Catch a ride with someone because I KNOW someone from water stop # 2 RED will be going to either the finish or the beach club area to cheer.

So for now I am on RED 2 trying to get moved to # 7. So if I don't get moved I hope there is room for another person even if it's sitting on the floor boards LOL

DH just offered up to try calling for me tomorrow since he will be home and I crazy on Mondays.

Diane - don't panic, it will all work out! :hug: I have a minivan and lots of room, just not sure where I am heading after water stop #2 yet. Last year it was the AK entrance.

I STILL have not received anything in the mail. :sad2:
The red water stop needs the redhead darn it! ;)

Diane - don't panic, it will all work out! :hug: I have a minivan and lots of room, just not sure where I am heading after water stop #2 yet. Last year it was the AK entrance.

I STILL have not received anything in the mail. :sad2:
The red water stop needs the redhead darn it! ;)

How could it be the RED water stop if your not there?!?!!? They'll have to rename it the Green Water Stop :lmao:

Thanks Kristi! I've taken a few deep calming breathes. ;) Where ever the ride is going that would be great. I figured the Beach Club because if i do get to #7 and the rest of my party wants to go back to the room and to bed (4th morning early rise) I can grab the monorail to Epcot and walk thru the Beach Club :)

Thanks for the offer :hug: I'm over at OKW. I know a few team mates are staying there but don't recall who is there and volunteering for the full.

Thanks again Kristi!!! And I DO remember you at the AK. I still get a chuckle out of Jim's self photo

I know I posted that John and I were probably not going to volunteer due to race morning logistics, but as of this moment we are both still in. Jackie has offered to swing by and give us a lift to the reporting station if it isn't walking distance from the Poly. At first I thought it might be a little too much for John never having done a full before, but it's only a little earlier than we would have to get up for scream teaming, so we're still in.

debra I'm so glad you popped this thread up again, i kept meaning to look for it :thumbsup2

The Volunteer Dept called me before Christmas and I found out that they sent me another person's and he has mine.

I AM at Water Stop #7 for the Full Marathon. Water Stop RED # 2 has a David with the same last name. How wild is that?!?!? So David has my confirmation and I have his. So you will all have to find out who this David is that is getting my mail :rotfl2:

Problem solved! But I will need to catch up with those going to the Beach/Yacht club afterwards so I know where to go once my station closes up. :thumbsup2 But that can wait till the Pop meet.

Hi Everyone! I know I have "told" Judy... but I will post here also...

I am at Red Water Stop #2... and staying at POP I have Pat & Jim in my car to head over to the WWOS or wherever we have to go that morning.. so.. I have room for 1 or 2 more in my car as well.. if you are at POP and need a ride.. let me know : )

Kathy

I am one who had to back out of volunteering - I know I said I wouldn't back out but I had to because my DH wasn't able to get off work on Friday the 9th and therefore we won't be in the WDW area until Saturday around 10AM. I am bummed out about not being able to volunteer but I will try and volunteer another time. We couldn't risk him loosing his job that he just got especially after he has been trying to get a permanent job for awhile now.

So sorry to all that will be doing the 1/2 I won't be out there volunteering as a screaming fan. When we get into town we are going to be headed straight to the expo to get my packet.

DH and I are confirmed at water stop #1/11 for the half.

Debra and DOOD, Jeanne and John, the two of us... who else?

Jackie

I know I posted that John and I were probably not going to volunteer due to race morning logistics, but as of this moment we are both still in. Jackie has offered to swing by and give us a lift to the reporting station if it isn't walking distance from the Poly. At first I thought it might be a little too much for John never having done a full before, but it's only a little earlier than we would have to get up for scream teaming, so we're still in.

Jeanne: I'm so glad you and John are in. I was pretty sure you were out, and I told DOOD. He was pretty bummed about it, as was I. So woo hoo for me! And I've scored Jackie, too! :woohoo:

Diane: Glad to hear your mix-up has been solved. I'll be looking for you at 7.

Kathy: #2. Got it. We're at the POP, too. My first time there. :goodvibes

Tricia: So sorry your plans fell through to volunteer for the 1/2. But you're absolutely right that there's always next time and that your DH's job stability is super important. I hope I didn't make you feel bad--I was just curious. :hug:

No Debra you didn't make me feel bad - it actually gives me a chance to save 1/2 a day of work (since I am only going to take a 1/2 day on Friday instead of a full day - I have to take the afternoon off or else I will go crazy sitting there that day.) and I also don't have to spend the extra money for a hotel room that night so it all works out I guess.

I do want to give my full appreciation in advance to all the volunteers out there - I am sure I will really appreciate it after the marathon - so in advance I am saying thank you for all your hard work and early hours!!!

Hey Tricia!!! :wave2:

Life happens. Don't we know it :headache: Have a safe travel, try to relax and hopefully a productive day at work (i'm already bouncing off walls) and we'll see ya when you get there. Many more races to cheer and volunteer at, at least you guys get to still do the race itself. So there is a very bright silver lining :hug:

And since your doing the full give a holler when you pass W.S. # 7. :thumbsup2 So see we'll see each other and you'll see the rest too. It's going to be just one big moving party :goodvibes

Debra I'll be keeping an eye out, I hope I get to wear the lime green mouse ears I'm hoping to buy when we get there. Then you'll be able to pick me out of crowd :thumbsup2

I'm Still at Water Stop #11 for the Full. My meeting place is the parking lot at the TTC near the POLy (I think) I am staying at the POLY so that should be good. I got a post card today "confirming" my volunteer position.

Should be fun.

I will surely miss all those that had to bow out of volunteering for the Half.
I know I wil be sore the next morning after the Half and tired for getting up three mornings in a row very early, but hey - I will love doing it and seeing my WISH friends during the full!

Tracy

Random Question for Water Stop Volunteers (and others):

What do we wear to volunteer? Besides comfy clothing and shoes, of course. Can we/do we wear WISH gear?

DOOD and I are planning on bringing our alternate pairs of running shoes, figuring we don't want to end up having to run in soggy shoes.

Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter