** WISH Volunteers for WDW Marathon Weekend **

I think they give you a t-shirt or light jacket or something. You don't have to wear it - just have to have your credentials showing!!

Tracy

New Page 1 Dear Sports Enthusiast,

Thank you for registering for the 2009 WALT DISNEY WORLD® Half Marathon on Saturday, January 10, 2009. At this time, all volunteer opportunities are full and you were placed on a wait list. However, there still a handful of spots open for Road Access volunteers, a new position this year during the Marathon and Half Marathon races.

Requirements:
¨ Must be 21 years of age or older.
¨ Must be available to volunteer both days for Marathon and Half Marathon races. (If you are scheduled for either event already, we will adjust your schedule.)
¨ Must be available to do a walkthrough.
¨ Must be available to drive 15-passenger vans the Friday before the Half Marathon.
¨ Must be able to use a Nextel (training will be available if needed.)

To register for this opportunity, please reply to this email and we will contact you with more details. Remember that we only have a handful of spots, so this will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.

We also are in need of volunteers for the Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo, part of the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon Weekend, from January 8 to January 10. To register for this event or for more information, please click on the link below.

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....rDisneysHealthFitnessExpoDetailPage&pid=pip-2

If you are unable to register online, please call us at 407-938-3880 and leave a message with your information. We will be happy to return your call and assist in the registration process.

Thanks again for helping to make our events a success!

http://disboards.com/footer1 [FONT=arial, helvetica, tahoma]
If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, please click the link below
http://unsub.elm.dig.com/Unsubscrib...&list=3459&id=bWt5bXNlQGhvdG1haWwuY29t&c=eWVz

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, tahoma]If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC, or other Disney entities, advertising or promoting Walt Disney World® products or services, click here.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attention: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion sent to
© Disney. All rights reserved.
[/FONT]

For the 2008 Marathon I know that Krisit and Jim (pretty sure Jim too) wore their WISH shirts. For the Half and Full Marathon in 2008 they were give pull over jackets that Kristi and Jim pulled on over their WISH Shirts. And I have to say that I was on the wrong side from them and I STILL spotted the bit of green that was showing in the V created by the zipper.

No idea if we are getting jackets like 2008 or shirts this year. For the DL 2006 weekend we were given long sleeve t-shirts for the 5K and I think Mom received the same for volunteering for the DL Half 2006.

Debra, Hopefully someone else with WDW Volunteering experience will reply on what is allowed and what isn't. I'm hoping I can get away with a set of Mickey (lime) ears but possibly not, i plan on asking when we get there. :)

I DO plan on wearing the WISH shirt. :thumbsup2

Good question.....I would also like to wear our WISH shirts, but don't know if it's allowed. I was going to ask when I go to pick up my lanyard. If they frown on the shirt, I can always wear my visor. I think I will wear my comfy ECCO shoes. Like debra, I don't want to spill water on my marathon pair.

Good question.....I would also like to wear our WISH shirts, but don't know if it's allowed. I was going to ask when I go to pick up my lanyard. If they frown on the shirt, I can always wear my visor. I think I will wear my comfy ECCO shoes. Like debra, I don't want to spill water on my marathon pair.

Yes we can wear our WISH shirts. :thumbsup2 We did last year and plan on doing so this year, but it sure looks like I'll be wearing the long sleeve one! Yes they did give us windbreaker type jackets but there is no guarantee what piece of apparel you will get, so don't plan on getting one to stay warm. I'd say bring a sweatshirt or jacket just in case.

And yes, plan on getting wet. There will be accidental spills, but hey, that's part of the fun.:upsidedow

Also, FYI, if you are working a water or food stop you will have to wear gloves. I think last year we had latex gloves, so just be awre if you have a latex allergy.

Its getting close so please let me know if you have any other questions. :yay:

Hey all!

Thanks for all the "what to wear" discussion! I was going to post a question and it is already been answered! :woohoo:

So, I pick up my volunteer packet at regular packet pick up right?? And the morning of I park in the parking lot that is on that letter that I got in the mail? I am at WS 11 for the full.

Amy

Last year we were told that we could wear whatever we wanted (WISH gear or whatnot), but they strongly encourage you to wear the windbreaker. I had on a WISH shirt and hat, and was quite visable with the windbreaker on! :rotfl2:

Now, I am not sure if we are getting jackets this year, so be prepared to stay warm in any case.

DOes anyone know if Anne is planning to have her un-official water stop this year? :teeth: I'd like to help out there if possible. I just don't know how to get to where her "stop" is at.

Susie!

My understanding is she will be there. And I bet she would just love having you. Drop her a PM, I had sent her one this past Friday and she replied :thumbsup2

Anne's ID for the PM is Maherae

And are you at Water Station #7 in the full? If so your with Me, Susan, Cathy and Mom! :)

Last year we were milling about red Water Stop #2, waiting for the first runners to show up. All was fairly still, when quietly, very quietly, a runner went by. He was so light on his feet he barely made a sound. Most people didn't even notice him, since we were all so busy looking for a huge crowd of runners.

As it turns out, it was five time Disney marathon champion Adriano Bastos! :eek: Geez, we had no idea!

So here are a couple of pictures of him, yes, getting his pre-race hair style at BBB. He seems like quite a character! Although, now that I think about it...there may be something to be said for a wild hairstyle and aerodynamics....

Many thanks to Dave Mouse Skywalker for the loan of the pics! :thumbsup2

Basto.jpg

Basto_2.jpg

I love the little girl in the chair behind him...

Just another heads up, I'm going to be recording a mile by mile report of the half marathon while I run. I wanted to stop at WISH volunteer water stop to chat with my teammates and talk about why they are volunteering. So keep your eyes out for me. I'll be in my WISH garb.

Is that your daughter, Dave? She's precious!
Oh no, not at all... the photos are WDW PR photos. I didn't take them at all. I just found them on the web. It just cracks me up seeing this 5x marathon winner sitting next to a little girl getting BBB'd.

Oh no, not at all... the photos are WDW PR photos. I didn't take them at all. I just found them on the web. It just cracks me up seeing this 5x marathon winner sitting next to a little girl getting BBB'd.

Me too! :lmao:

But it's all good, Antonio, if you're reading this. We love you! :goodvibes

(Because honestly, look at that man's arms! I would never, ever want to make him mad at me! He could slug a girl to the moon with those pythons! :scared: )

Love the pics!!

I was looking at some of the info online about volunteering and saw this about what to wear...

Please wear comfortable neutral colored shorts or pants

Does that mean we are supposed to wear khaki shorts or pants?

Love the pics!!

I was looking at some of the info online about volunteering and saw this about what to wear...

Please wear comfortable neutral colored shorts or pants

Does that mean we are supposed to wear khaki shorts or pants?

Ok well, I won't wear my lime green capris. :scared1:

I interpret "Neutral" to mean khaki, blue, black... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter