Wishes Wedding 1/17/11-WP/CG-TR Day 6, Last Day

Hi Jules!
Congrats on your engagement & setting a date. You’re only two days after us. We also thinking of having a MK photo session & a dessert party. I’m actually hoping that we can schedule the MK photo session on the 17th, the day of your wedding :) I’ve contacted my planner but haven’t heard back yet. Did you schedule your MK session yet? As of now we’ve book our photographer, officiant & hair& makeup. We decided not to use a Disney photographer for the wedding. If you read thru the blogs you’ll see what other brides have to say about Disney photographers. We are going to use Disney’s videographer for the wedding, reception & dessert party. Our planning session is not till November so everything else will have to wait till then. Oh & we’ve also put a request for a DJ we’re still waiting to hear back. I spoke to our WP assistant in regard to the invitations & she said that the RSVP date should be at least 90 before your wedding date. So that puts us at October-ish. Our invitations should be ready in a week or so & as soon as we get them we’re mailing them out. Like you I have lots of family coming from NY (we're also from LI:woohoo:) so I want everyone to have plenty of time to book flights, hotel, & take time off from work if need be. Don’t know if this is of any help to you but if you have any questions please ask away.

Yay for January 2011 brides!!! :cool1:

Thanks for your help! And yay for LI and January '11 brides!!! I miss LI more than anything! But at least now I'm much closer to Disney. :banana: I feel like I've been completely out of it! We have our officiant booked, and our videographer (we went with George from Apex Media). Other than that, I have nothing done! We're going to our planning session on August 2 so I guess I've been waiting to do stuff...I've had a hard time getting in touch with my planners and honestly, I never thought of asking them these questions. lol Are you using Disney for your DJ? How do you submit a request? Also, I want to have a dessert party, but I've been waiting until the planning session before I asked about it....was this something I should've booked a while ago? I've been searching for invitations online, and I'm waiting on a sample now, so hopefully we like it and can get those ordered and mailed out..Wow, what have I been doing these past 6 months??? :confused: Thank you for your help!!!!

Just joining in here! I love Sanibel Island. I can visualize the balcony scene when he asked you to marry him. Very romantic!:worship:

I think the Mets cake would be cool. Hopefully it won't be that expensive because it's such a good idea.

I'm using David and Vicki Arndt for my wedding day, rehearsal dinner/DP at the GF Marina, Engagement pictures, and maybe even Trash the Dress pictures. I love all the pictures and slideshows I've seen here on the boards and on their facebook page and website. I live in Orlando and was able to check out a lot of the local photographers. I fell in love with them and their style. The engagement session is included in their packages.

I'm using DPS for my MK/BP and I'm requesting Regina for that.

Thanks for the info! Sanibel is our absolute favorite place (well, 2nd favorite place, Disney will always be first :)) I haven't heard back from my planner about the cake after they told me it'd be very expensive. I sent a second picture, so I'm hoping to hear something soon. I would love to surprise df with it, but my mom had the idea of me getting the cake made somewhere else and having it in our room after the wedding...so I don't know, I might do that if Disney's prices are crazy.

I just went to David and Vicki Arndt's website, and their pictures are beautiful! There's a bride in the gallery wearing my dress! :eek: But the good news is, the dress looks amazing in the pictures! :woohoo: I requested info from them, so hopefully I'll hear back soon..I'm so upset with myself for being so laid back about the photography! And here I was thinking I was on top of my wedding stuff! :lmao:

Ok, I'm going to try to play around with uploading pictures here. It might take me a few tries, I'm not really that great with computers.

This first one is my ring, it's perfect and exactly what I wanted. I'm not into jewelry, I never wear any, so I really wanted a nice simple clean ring, without a lot of fuss on it..I think DF did really well. :love:

We went to Disney for Valentines Day/my Birthday/to celebrate our engagement. When we were there, we went to Chef Mickey's for the first time. I LOVED it there!!! So much fun, and they made a big fuss about us being engaged, and everyone celebrated and they gave us a cupcake with a candle..it was so sweet, I will always remember it.:)

And this is when we got engaged in Sanibel. We were getting ready to go to our favorite restaurant at the resort, and I have to admit, I was getting a little irritated at DF because I knew he wasn't getting ready, I could see him out on the balcony just standing around, so finally I went out there to find out what he was doing, and that's when he got down on one knee.:lovestruc I was totally surprised and soooo excited! I think the picture speaks for itself :lmao:

And now I have some pictures of my wedding gown and all that fun stuff.

I know it's really small, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, I don't have a good shot of the front of the dress on me.

This one has my MOH/Bridesmaid dress..they're going to wear the same dress, I'm just not sure if I'm going to have my MOH have a soft pink bow instead of the one in the picture. Our colors are latte with pink accents. And I really like the bouquet with the tulips, I was thinking of having that bouquet for myself, and then having the girls walk down with just the pink tulips, but I was told they're not in season in January, so we'll see if I can get something else.

We really like candles for centerpieces, so we're hoping we can get something like this.

And we also like this cake, only I think we'd like it in a soft pink color...I dont know....still deciding on that.

And I'm almost completely sure I want this hairstyle. I have naturally curly hair, and I definitely don't want to wear it down because I know it will frizz and drive me crazy. My only thing is, my mom and sister are pushing really hard for me to get a tiara...I really don't think that's my style, but they keep saying "You're getting married in Disney, of course you need a tiara!". Ok, I'm not the princess type girl..I got the dress because my mom liked it, I really didn't care too much for it, and now I'm going to be wearing a tiara??! I don't know, what do you ladies think? Should I wear one?

Ok, I know this is my third post this morning, but I'm starting to get really excited! I feel like I'm back on track with the wedding. Thanks to the advice of April Elizabeth, we booked David and Vicki Arndt! I looked through their sites yesterday, and loved everything I saw, so I emailed them, and Vicki was so pleasant and so quick with her replies. I really appreciated that. So now she's sending the contract and we'll be good to go! I feel so relieved about that. :yay:

Also, I've lost 18 pounds so far and I feel so great. :cool1: I really don't think I want to lost anymore weight, but now it's time to tone up. I've just been dieting since March, haven't really exercised. I have a hard time with it because I have 4 herniated discs in my back, but I will just make sure I exercise right and I should be ok. We'll see how it goes. :)

I am a little lost when it comes to booking my hair/makeup for the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been emailing Janet from On Site Beauty, has anyone dealt with her? I'm not sure when I should get my trial done. My sister says I should wait til it's closer to the wedding, but I don't want to miss out on booking a talented hairdresser. Also, now that we booked the Arndt's we have our engagement photo session to prepare for. I figure we'll do that in November, when it's cooler outside (Florida is just too gross in the summer, ugh). Maybe I should get my hair trial done at the same time?

Thanks for the help! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :dance3:

I just gave a quick persual of your PJ, and just thought I'd drop in to give a few suggestions-

#1: if you haven't downloaded it already, get the passporter's book on Disney Weddings! It will answer tons of questions, even ones you don't know you have.

#2- Photography: I used Randy Chapman and DPS ( i had an escape wedding), but if I were planning now I'd also look into Jess Cumbie. Her photos are great and she is very sweet ( I've friended her on Facebook so I know where to find her for future reference). The Arndts are great too though, so you can't go wrong with them!

#3-For hair and makeup, check out other brides' TRs for their vendor reviews! I used Patricia Lejune for the wedding day and Beauty Especial for the MK photoshoot the next day and both did a great job. :) Most brides use their engagement sessions to do the hair/makeup trial- kills two birds with one stone!

#4- The Tiara. Do what YOU want, not what your mom and sister say you should do. I had something that was a a cross b/w a tiara and a headband. Very subtle. OF course, there have been brides with an all-out tiara on too! Either way decide which fits your style, and go with it.;)

Hope that helps!

Ok, so I'm really into the idea of having a groom's cake at the wedding. We're going to be having about 40 people at the wedding, and DF really wants to have a big traditional cake (regardless of the fact that we wont have many people). So now I'm thinking it'd be silly to have a groom's cake...we'll probably have way too much dessert. But honestly, I just really want to surprise him with a cake, so I guess it doesn't really matter about how much dessert we have left over.

I emailed Jen (wedding planners assist.) a picture of this really cool Mets cake that I found. It's the homerun apple coming out of the top hat, and I just really think df would flip if he saw this. He'd be so excited. She emailed me back that the pastry chef said to recreate the cake, it would be "very expensive" and they wanted to know what my budget for the grooms cake is. I have no idea what the budget should be! I was thinking around $300? Does that sound reasonable? It worries me that all they said was it would be "very expensive". What does that mean? Couldn't they just give me a ballpark figure? "Very expensive" just seems very ominous to me...

Also...I haven't booked a photographer for the wedding. Is this something I should have done? I thought you had to go through Disney for the photographer...I'm starting to freak out now. I'm going to our planning session on the 2nd of August, so I guess I'll get more info then...What has everyone else done for photography? I want to have the MK photo session so I thought we needed to have a Disney photographer for that.

Thanks for any help you can give!!! I feel so confused now! :scared1:

Could you have your grooms cake at ,say, your rehersal dinner (if that is at a restaurant, that way an outside cake artist could make it and I am sure it will be tons cheaper!!! I recommend Heather at 'It's Tasty Too'!! Good Luck

I just gave a quick persual of your PJ, and just thought I'd drop in to give a few suggestions-

#1: if you haven't downloaded it already, get the passporter's book on Disney Weddings! It will answer tons of questions, even ones you don't know you have.

#2- Photography: I used Randy Chapman and DPS ( i had an escape wedding), but if I were planning now I'd also look into Jess Cumbie. Her photos are great and she is very sweet ( I've friended her on Facebook so I know where to find her for future reference). The Arndts are great too though, so you can't go wrong with them!

#3-For hair and makeup, check out other brides' TRs for their vendor reviews! I used Patricia Lejune for the wedding day and Beauty Especial for the MK photoshoot the next day and both did a great job. :) Most brides use their engagement sessions to do the hair/makeup trial- kills two birds with one stone!

#4- The Tiara. Do what YOU want, not what your mom and sister say you should do. I had something that was a a cross b/w a tiara and a headband. Very subtle. OF course, there have been brides with an all-out tiara on too! Either way decide which fits your style, and go with it.;)

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the advice!!!! I did get the passporters book and I LOVE it, perhaps I'll go read it again, it's been a few weeks since I last looked at it. :) I really appreciate the help, I'm going to check into the photographers you suggested. It gets confusing, every vendor I check out looks amazing! I can't decide on any one person lol. I've been reading other bride's posts and Beaute Speciale comes up so often, I'm definitely going to look into them further, and I have also seen Patricia Lejune mentioned.Man, there's so much to consider!!! And I suppose I just need to try a tiara on and see what I think, I have been thinking of getting a headband so maybe that'll make everyone happy. Thanks again!! Have a great weekend. :yay:

Could you have your grooms cake at ,say, your rehersal dinner (if that is at a restaurant, that way an outside cake artist could make it and I am sure it will be tons cheaper!!! I recommend Heather at 'It's Tasty Too'!! Good Luck

Oh, that's a good idea! I'll have to check into that. We haven't finalized anything yet for the rehearsal dinner, but that would definitely be a nice surprise! Thanks for the advice!!! :banana:

Thank you for the response! I can't believe it'd be so much!!! That's so disappointing, but I do appreciate the heads up. I guess I'll just have to figure out something else. I can't believe no one has booked their flights! I guess maybe they just don't understand the fact that yeah, it is 5 months away, but if you don't book now flights will get more expensive and then it's the holidays and no one will even be thinking about the wedding...Oh well, I guess you just can't force these things. :confused3 And yeah, I'm sure there will be more venting to come lol :laughing:

I know what you mean, I've got family members that have not booked yet and I guess everyone is waiting for summer to get over with. I booked our flights, my DF, mine, my step kids flights back in January for the week after Thanksgiving. Hey, if they want to spend more money, then that's up to them but I don't want to hear any complaints.

Ok, I know this is my third post this morning, but I'm starting to get really excited! I feel like I'm back on track with the wedding. Thanks to the advice of April Elizabeth, we booked David and Vicki Arndt! I looked through their sites yesterday, and loved everything I saw, so I emailed them, and Vicki was so pleasant and so quick with her replies. I really appreciated that. So now she's sending the contract and we'll be good to go! I feel so relieved about that. :yay:

Also, I've lost 18 pounds so far and I feel so great. :cool1: I really don't think I want to lost anymore weight, but now it's time to tone up. I've just been dieting since March, haven't really exercised. I have a hard time with it because I have 4 herniated discs in my back, but I will just make sure I exercise right and I should be ok. We'll see how it goes. :)

I am a little lost when it comes to booking my hair/makeup for the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been emailing Janet from On Site Beauty, has anyone dealt with her? I'm not sure when I should get my trial done. My sister says I should wait til it's closer to the wedding, but I don't want to miss out on booking a talented hairdresser. Also, now that we booked the Arndt's we have our engagement photo session to prepare for. I figure we'll do that in November, when it's cooler outside (Florida is just too gross in the summer, ugh). Maybe I should get my hair trial done at the same time?

Thanks for the help! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :dance3:

Congratulations on booking David and Vicki! You'll love them! They've done so much with Disney and I've never seen anything of theirs that I didn't love. That's funny how you saw your dress in their galleries. It's got to be a sign, right? :goodvibes Oh, and I love your dress! It's beautiful! The back of the dress is very pretty!

I'm using Ana and her team with Beaute Speciale and will be doing my e-pics after the hair and make-up trial run.

Loving everything so far! Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

I love your ring too!

Congratulations on booking David and Vicki! You'll love them! They've done so much with Disney and I've never seen anything of theirs that I didn't love. That's funny how you saw your dress in their galleries. It's got to be a sign, right? :goodvibes Oh, and I love your dress! It's beautiful! The back of the dress is very pretty!

I'm using Ana and her team with Beaute Speciale and will be doing my e-pics after the hair and make-up trial run.

Loving everything so far! Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

I love your ring too!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really excited that I booked David & Vicki. She's been so helpful already, I'm so happy. And I totally think it's a sign that I saw my dress!!! I sent an email to Beaute Speciale and to Patricia Lejeune requesting more info from them, so hopefully I'll hear back from them sometime this week and finally make a decision. :)

While DF is spending the weekend playing some game on his PS3, I've decided to work a little on my PJ. Being as we're paying for this wedding ourselves, we have no life anymore. Every bit of extra money we have is going towards the wedding fund, but it seems like that fund never gets any bigger!!! :confused3 Since we have no money to spend, our weekends consist of me either reading other people's pj's or obsessing over some other wedding related detail.

Today I'm back to obsessing over the ADR's I've made for the wedding weekend. I booked a few different restaurants, but I'm so confused as to what to do. We still only have a general idea of how many people will be at the wedding, and then we also don't know how many people will be staying in Disney and then we don't know how many people will have park tickets! :eek: I keep giving myself headaches trying to figure out what's going to be happening! So what I've done for now is just made reservations for what I think might happen and I guess as it gets closer to the wedding and we get a more definitive guest list, I will make changes accordingly.

My tentative list of ADRs as well as a time-line of events:

Friday 1/14- arrive at Pop Century at around 6:30pm
Reservation at T-Rex @ 8:00 pm (I'm not really into this one, but my DF has always wanted to go there, and we're going to be dining with his parents, who will probably get a kick out of the place)

Saturday 1/15-Teppan Edo @ 5:00pm, Reservation for 10 people followed by Men "drinking around the world" and women going to JellyRolls.

Sunday 1/16-Chef Mickeys @ 10:00am, Reservation for 10 people.
Then since we're hosting a DP as our welcome event, we're going to have the option for everyone to have dinner with us if they would like to. We will not be paying for this, so we're going to try to keep it inexpensive for everyone.

I've made 3 reservations for Sunday night, and I'm going to let everyone decide on which one they'd prefer to go to. The first reservation is at the Captains Grille, second is for 'Ohana, and the third is at Planet Hollywood. The people traveling to the wedding aren't into the really fancy foods, so I tried to pick places that would have something for everyone. My only issue is that Disney only allows you to book up to 10 people online, and Planet Hollywood only allows up to 6. I guess we'll see what happens.

On Monday 1/17 we're getting married at 10am, with a reception at the California Grill until 3. After that, everyone is going to be left alone to do whatever they want. DF and I have made a reservation at Narcoossee's for 8:30, and we're thinking of making it a Sweetheart Dinner for Two.

And finally on 1/18 I made a reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. I'm not sure how many people are staying the day after the wedding, but I figure I might as well make a reservation just in case. I've never eaten here, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Does this sound good to anyone? I'm open to suggestions, I just need to keep in mind that most people aren't looking for fancy restaurants in my party, and since our wedding is going to be formal, we're trying to make the rest of the weekend fun and carefree. Also, I'm trying to book places outside of the parks, since I don't know who will be purchasing park tickets. I haven't eaten at most of the restaurants I've made reservations for, so I'm really relying on outside opinions here.

Wow, this is a long post! :lmao: Sorry about that, I just am glad that I have this journal to get everything off my chest, because I'm sure DF is sick and tired of me talking and obsessing about the wedding to him. :rotfl:

So I've been planning all day. Finally revisited my passporters wedding sheets and updated all of my contact info and payments sent and so on. Also, finally created a spreadsheet for our guest list, so once we buy those invitations, I'll be able to track the RSVP's with little hassle. (hopefully)

I thought I'd add a picture of the engagement notice that my wonderful DF made and sent out back in January (can't believe that was more than 6 months ago!).

176 days to go!! And 8 days until our planning session!!! :banana::dance3::yay::cool1:

Just got all caught up on your plans! Looking good...do you feel like you got something accomplished today? I have been doing some wedding research of my own all day today too! Isn't it great?:rotfl:

Are you feeling like things are starting to come together a little bit more?! I hope so...

Well I will be following along with your pj...looking forward to more updates :goodvibes

Just catching up on everything. I'm from LI too, and I can tell you that it's about three weeks until our wedding and I suspect there are still a few people that have not booked their room or flights! So don't stress too much about what other people do, it will drive you crazy, I feel like most of our guests booked their room and flights about three months before, even though I gave them a ton of info a year in advance :rolleyes:.

Your dress looks beautiful, congrats on booking your photographers. I found that really at the six month mark or so things started moving along, so don't feel behind, Disney weddings are kind of on a different timeline ;).

For make-up I think you can't go wrong with Beaute Speciale or Patricia LeJeune. I'm using Beaute Speciale and have been very happy with them, I had my make-up done for our epics last June and had a trial in March.

Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

Just catching up on everything. I'm from LI too, and I can tell you that it's about three weeks until our wedding and I suspect there are still a few people that have not booked their room or flights! So don't stress too much about what other people do, it will drive you crazy, I feel like most of our guests booked their room and flights about three months before, even though I gave them a ton of info a year in advance :rolleyes:.

Your dress looks beautiful, congrats on booking your photographers. I found that really at the six month mark or so things started moving along, so don't feel behind, Disney weddings are kind of on a different timeline ;).

For make-up I think you can't go wrong with Beaute Speciale or Patricia LeJeune. I'm using Beaute Speciale and have been very happy with them, I had my make-up done for our epics last June and had a trial in March.

Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

Thanks, I think I've come to realize that I can't control what everyone else is doing. We're going to be sending out our invitations, and I'll just wait until we get the RSVPs back before stressing anymore. And it's true, it does seem like things are starting to pick up...and I've noticed the more things pick up, the more money we're spending! :laughing: Oh well, knew that was going to happen eventually. :)

I'm hoping to go with Patricia LeJeune. I emailed her over the weekend, and I'm waiting for a reply back. I'm just not sold on the idea of signing a contract before having a trial done. And from what i understand, Beaute Speciale has you sign and deposit $50. So I probably won't be going with them. I could be wrong about that. I don't know though, I'm still deciding.I just can't seem to make up my mind. :rolleyes1

Just got all caught up on your plans! Looking good...do you feel like you got something accomplished today? I have been doing some wedding research of my own all day today too! Isn't it great?:rotfl:

Are you feeling like things are starting to come together a little bit more?! I hope so...

Well I will be following along with your pj...looking forward to more updates :goodvibes

It does seem like things are starting to come together. I'm starting to see that as the week progresses, I start to slowly slip into panic mode about wedding things, and then once the weekend hits I'm in such a frenzy over the wedding that I focus only on wedding things, and then after hours of making lists and reading pj's, I calm myself down. :rotfl: But it's Tuesday, and I can already feel the panic creeping up! :laughing:

Thanks for following! :cool1:

I love the engagement notice! :goodvibes I agree with you about signing anything. Especially with hair and make-up before you do the trial run. What if you don't like it? I didn't know about signing a contract before the trial. I'm not having my e-pics done until this winter but wanted to do them the same day I do the hair and make-up. Let me know what you find out.

I love the engagement notice! :goodvibes I agree with you about signing anything. Especially with hair and make-up before you do the trial run. What if you don't like it? I didn't know about signing a contract before the trial. I'm not having my e-pics done until this winter but wanted to do them the same day I do the hair and make-up. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks, I think Eddie did a great job with the notices myself :teeth:.I looked at the email I received from Beaute Speciale and I think I misread it the first time. It says a $50 deposit is required to book each event, not a trial. I'm still debating on who I should use. I requested info from Patricia LeJeune, but so far haven't heard anything back. The only person I've had good contact with so far is Janet from On Site Beauty. I think I want to have our e-pics done in November, so I still have some time to figure out who to go with (I hope there's still time, I'm not sure how far in advance we're supposed to book these things :confused:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter