Wishing for DVC at the Contemporary???

Looks interesting, but I don't think it would appeal to us.

Fifteen storeys high? And higher points than the existing resorts??

Thanks, but no thanks. :scared1:

I'm super excited about this:yay:

Although I'm not a fan of the Contemporary, DH is. This might work to my advantage in getting Tom back to Florida;)

I'm super excited about this:yay:

Although I'm not a fan of the Contemporary, DH is. This might work to my advantage in getting Tom back to Florida
;)
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: I like your logic, Florence!!! :thumbsup2 I'm smitten with the concept of DVC in Hawaii but having a hard time convincing DH it's the way forward... ;)

Sorry, the Contempory just doesn't do it for me.... I would also prefer Hawaii

Another not interested in the Contemporary but looking forward to Hawaii :)

Seriously, isn't "Contemporary Resort" a really silly name for a hotel? Perhaps Disney should use this opportunity to come up with a better title.

Probably when it was built, it was appropriate, but now the building just looks so dated and strangely (and unattractively) structured.

The idea of a new 15 storey building for DVC does not sound at all appealing alongside what is presently, for me at least, a "blot on the landscape" compared to all other beautiful Disney properties.

:confused3

I'm actually quite excited by this.

I was also one of those that could take or leave the Contemporary until I stayed there for a couple of nights and enjoyed it much more than I expected.
The tower will certainly have spectacular views, either overlooking the Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake.

I won't be adding on points here, but I will certainly look to stay here at some point in the future.

Kev

......I was also one of those that could take or leave the Contemporary until I stayed there for a couple of nights and enjoyed it much more than I expected.........

I think that's what tends to happen. People are put off the Contemporary by the look of the building but once you get past that you realise it's actually a nice place to stay.

For me the views do it every time. I know I posted these pictures before but for me they sum up the Contemporary.

StillWaters.jpg

Day12Castle.jpg

I could sit there from early morning with a cup of coffee to late evening with a glass of something chilled and still not get sick of the view

I think that's what tends to happen. People are put off the Contemporary by the look of the building but once you get past that you realise it's actually a nice place to stay.

For me the views do it every time. I know I posted these pictures before but for me they sum up the Contemporary.

I could sit there from early morning with a cup of coffee to late evening with a glass of something chilled and still not get sick of the view

I have no doubt that it's a nice place to stay, and I am sure the views FROM the Contemporary are wonderful - it's the views TO the Contemporary which turn me off. ;)

I won't be adding on points here, but I will certainly look to stay here at some point in the future

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: I like your logic, Florence!!! :thumbsup2 I'm smitten with the concept of DVC in Hawaii but having a hard time convincing DH it's the way forward... ;)

Me too:)

We spent part of our Honeymoon in Hawaii Karen and it holds a special place for both of us. I will have no problem persuading Tom to buy there when it becomes available.

Me too:)

We spent part of our Honeymoon in Hawaii Karen and it holds a special place for both of us. I will have no problem persuading Tom to buy there when it becomes available.

I've wanted to go to Hawaii for ever, Florence! And DVC seems a perfect fit... :beach: :cloud9:

With regards to DVC at the Contemporary, I mentioned it in passing to Richard yesterday evening and he was surprisingly keen so we may well add-on!!! I can't wait to see those points charts... ;)

I'm actually quite excited by this.

I was also one of those that could take or leave the Contemporary until I stayed there for a couple of nights and enjoyed it much more than I expected.

Kev

I am feeling the same way. I haven't stayed here (YET!) but could imagine being smitten if I did. I saw photos recently of the refurbished interior and it looked fab:thumbsup2

Yeah, the old saying, "Don't judge the book by it's cover" springs to mind .

StillWaters.jpg

Day12Castle.jpg

These views are stunning.:cloud9:

Could I ask a question here to the more experinced DVC'ers out there?

When KTV goes on sale, do existing owners get first crack, or special incentives to buy? Can anyone comment on what has gone on prevously?

Maybe should have started a new thread. Sorry

I would be interested for the proximity to the magic kingdom and the views.............can't wait to see what the rooms will look like......and what the point charts are like!!!
Debsx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter