Wishing for DVC at the Contemporary???

I found this on another site...

Grand Villa Plan:

Kingdom_Tower_GV_plan_sm.gif

2bed/1bed/studio Plan:

Kingdom_Tower_2BR_plan_sm.gif

Points-wise I found out the following: studios will start from 16 points per night, one-bedroom units will start from 39 points per night, two-bedroom units will start from 54 points per night and three-bedroom Grand Villas will start from 96 points... :cool2:

Could I ask a question here to the more experinced DVC'ers out there?

When KTV goes on sale, do existing owners get first crack, or special incentives to buy? Can anyone comment on what has gone on prevously?

Maybe should have started a new thread. Sorry

I think existing owners had a month or so head start of new purchasers when AKV was released... :goodvibes

Thanks for the plans Karen.

I'll save these till DH returns from his business trip:thumbsup2

Points-wise I found out the following: studios will start from 16 points per night, one-bedroom units will start from 39 points per night, two-bedroom units will start from 54 points per night and three-bedroom Grand Villas will start from 96 points... :cool2:

If those are accurate figures, they are really expensive compared to elsewhere at DVC.

It would be more than DOUBLE, almost TREBLE the points requirement at OKW! :scared1: Even AKL is only 22 points per night for a one bedroom. Are you sure??

So, six nights at Kingdom Towers, or fourteen at OKW?? I know where we'll be staying! :rotfl2:

If those are accurate figures, they are really expensive compared to elsewhere at DVC.

It would be more than DOUBLE, almost TREBLE the points requirement at OKW! :scared1: Even AKL is only 22 points per night for a one bedroom. Are you sure??

So, six nights at Kingdom Towers, or fourteen at OKW?? I know where we'll be staying! :rotfl2:

As I don't work for DVC, no. :confused3 I just found the info on another website and thought it might be of interest... :rolleyes:

As I don't work for DVC, no. :confused3 I just found the info on another website and thought it might be of interest... :rolleyes:

Thanks, it is interesting.

I am just commenting that if they are accurate, this is a huge increase over current resorts, that's all. :goodvibes

I've just checked over on the US board, and it seems the figures quoted are for the "average" point requirement over the year for the room, with no adjustment for weekends or seasons.

Which means that the "start from" rate will be significantly lower.

That's a relief! :)

From what the newspaper article stated they may be gearing this more to the upscale crowd. The way I compared it to DH is our current membership is competitive with a Marriott or Hyatt timeshare property, I think the Contemporary is meant to compete with the new Four Seasons that is going up on the east side of the park.

Unless the price is obscene :eek: we are in, being that close to MK is not comparable to ANYTHING else.

Unless the price is obscene :eek: we are in, being that close to MK is not comparable to ANYTHING else.

Same here. As soon as this goes on sale I will be looking at buying enough points for some sort of bank, borrow, stay cycle so we can go every couple or three years. I LOVED being able to just wander to and from MK last year.

Any new DVC resort is good news as far as I'm concerned - it gives us more choices of where to stay (depending on availability, of course) :cool1:

I'd like to try all the DVC resorts before the end of our membership in 2042 or whenever it is :) (or, more likely, before I'm too old ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter