Wk of Dec 4--2006 Disney Half-Full Marathon Info/Training

OK...I had big plans to swim today and totally stick to WW! :rotfl2: I am eating choc chip cookie dough and never did swim. I am so crazy! :confused3 Oh well...I have a show tonight where I am Mary, the mother of Jesus. I have to ride a donkey...does this count as xtraining? I also had to ride the beast the night of my marathon...this hurt! :earseek:
Christa

Mapquest says it should take 1 hr 17 min to drive the 72 miles from Biddeford ME to Lawrence MA and that's about what it took to come back today. It took over 3 1/2 hours to go the distance yesterday. Why did three of my classmates and myself drive down into MA on an afternoon when school was closed due to weather conditions? We had tickets to Bon Jovi last night at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. The original plan was to drive to one classmate's parents house in northern MA and then her dad was going to drive us into Boston. We ended up deciding to just head into Lawrence and take the T in. The inbound train was about 1/2 late but apparently some earlier had been running 2 hours late. Why was this insanity? Over 12 inches of snow dropped in less than 12 hours. One town just south of here, Kennebunk, registered snowfall at 4 inches in an hour. We saw over 30 vehicles off the road including a plow and visibility on the ME pike was approx 1/8 mile and even less at times. So was it worth it? Yup, yup, it was. The concert was great. In addition to the older familiar stuff, I really liked the stuff off the new album, Have a Nice Day. The main set was delayed to 8:45 due to weather and we got to our seats about 8:15. They played 2 1/2 hrs once they started though so we only had to wait about 1/2 hour for the 11:59 train back out. That train was on time and the plows had finally been out. We got to the classmate's parents house about and to bed about 1:30 this morning. Her nephew came over to wake us up about 8 and we left MA about 10.

Today's LR(actually not very long) was 8 miles. It was sunny, a little warmer than it has been lately(ie in the 30s) but there was still snow and slush on the roads. I warmed up with cross training ie unburying my car(not that I moved it, I kill a set of brakes a year because I don't drive often enough even though the cumultative mileage is reasonable because I do long trips, the fact that its parked 200 ft off the water in either direction doesn't help I'm sure). I just accepted it wasn't going to be fast and went out and enjoyed it. I'm really lookly forward to spending time snowshoeing and cross country skiing but am thankful that next week's LR(20) will be done in FL at the World. Hey Carrie, there's just 4 of us in our 2 bedroom villa if you guys want to come visit to do your LRs. I'll be doing 20 and mom will be doing 10. I need to study now though because we have exams Tues and Fri to get through before I can go to the World.

Sorry for the long post- just had to tell about the Bon Jovi Adventure. Have a nice weekend and good workouts everyone. It's getting closer.

Christa - At least you weren't really pregnant when you rode the donkey!!! That would have been worse than the post marathon ride (i think) I have not been the queen of xt these last few weeks either. I decided I had extra hours banked due to all the bike/adventure races i've done throughout training! I think your donkey riding and marathon ought to count for something!! Plus, you have to calorie load for your upcoming lr's (right?) I just got back from eating at Acambaro where they pretty much fry and cover with cheese all food from mexico! I ate a ton!!! YUMMIE! I don't smell so good now though. I kindof smell like 5 mile run mixed with burrito.

We actually went to krispy kreme last night (i know, that's extra bad) Anyway, I was telling phil how when i went in there once, i asked the girl at the desk about the nutritional information on an original glazed. she said she didn't have it right there but that "you would have to run like, a whole mile to burn that off." So last night, i told phil "hey, I think i could have about 18 of these!!"

Today, i did my mid week run (b/c my LR day is thurs, due to preschool) 5 miles. I did about a 9:15 pace, which is pretty good for me on a training run! That made me feel a lot better after our 11:34 15 mile sub-freezing snow and ice disaster! I needed an encouraging run after that last one. Can't wait to finish the 10/20 next wed/thurs so i can start to taper. I'm hoping it does not mess with my mind, but that i can start to recover from all of the aches and pains from the slow torture of the LR's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and great LR's

Colleen - Give us the update on hubby's marathon soon!

Hello!

We went Christmas tree chopping today. All the fuss of the snow yesterday made it a beautiful atmosphere for frollicking today! DS tried his hand at chopping!

christmastreechopping.jpg

christmastreechopping2.jpg

Sunny - those were GREAT pictures!!!! You look so skinny!!!!! It looks beautiful there! (not beautiful if you are planning a long run though!)

I did part of my LW on the TM. I only walked 75 min (1.5 episodes of The Pretender). I also was not fast enough to beat the sweepers but I got the steps in. I can walk much faster outdoors.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Erin and I are driving to Long Island to spend a couple of days. Then back to Syracuse for 2.5 day, then to WDW for 8 days. Really need a vacation.

Everyone is doing great. Keep up the training.

I did my 6 mile LW on the TM today in 101:30 - basically 17 min miles. Like NYcpa I think I go faster outside, but I am definitely a fair-weather athlete, no way am I going to go outside in the ice and snow.

One thing I have decided for sure - no matter what happens at the half (and I have every intention of completing the course ahead of the sweepers) I am already a winner. Last January I was a confirmed couch-potato, and inspired by all the people on this board I have changed my lifestyle. While I will never be one of the big dogs like so many of you, you have helped me get up and get moving. Thanks to everyone here! I look forward to meeting you in January!

Pat - I was having some of those same thoughts today. Like everyone, i have one more big LR and then it's taper. I was thinking about it today, and i thought that even if i don't meet my desired time goal on the races, I have accomplished a ton and i should feel really good about it. You are right we are winners for how much we have done. In fact the activity that we have put into the training has demanded much more time than the race itself will require. So we have accomplished so much already!

Lily
Way to go on your long wog. On the tresdmill yet!! WOW! I am doing my final long one this weekend. Have done 20 but want to do at least 21 maybe 23. For the Akron Marathon I had previously done 21 and I felt completely prepared for the race. It was sooooo hilly. I am looking forward to running in my favorite place in the world. See you in a few days. I joined the slowest pace group which is 5:30. They will be ahead of me in the first half but I do better the second half. Still planning to wog. I finished Akron strong in 5:29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter