Wk Of Oct 7 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Definitely a Friday around here ... maybe a full moon too!

And when did Dave become Daze?!? :hippie:

Hi, all, just stopping in for a quick hello at the almost-end of an insane work week. Missing you all and thinking about the fact that 2 weeks from right now we'll be having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Looks like Howard and I will be dining alone, unless anyone wants to join us -- we have an ADR for 6 at 4:20.

Hoping to get in some miles tomorrow and to do the breast cancer 5k Sunday morning. I'm very nervous about it because a lot of my co-workers will be there for the walk that starts after the 5k run, and I REALLY don't want any of them to see me in workout clothes or huffing and puffing my way across the finish line. :lmao:

Have a great weekend, teammates!!!! :grouphug:

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes for my race on Sunday.

Craig: I'm running the Baystate 1/2 marathon. It's in Lowell, MA. We finish in the Lowell Spinners Stadium so I think I get to run the bases. I'll have to restrain myself from sliding into home plate. You are right about all the traffic lights along the Charles. There are some pedestrian underpasses to avoid crossing some of the bridges (at BU bridge and Longfellow) so you can find a few stretches where you won't have to stop. Also, there are grass/dirt paths to run on so you can avoid the cement sidewalks in most parts. You may want to give it a try for one of your shorter runs. On a crisp Fall day the energy is fantastic.

Cam: Please don't worry about your co-workers seeing you in work out clothes. They'll see your radiant glow that comes from your accomplishment in finishing your race. And if they don't well there's something wrong with them.

Leana: Nice job on your run. Your split times are definitely improving.

Christa: Great job on your temp run.

Cecilia: Good luck with your 10 miler. I think Skittles would make a nice post-race treat. It seems like it would be more refreshing.

Maggie: Welcome back to the boards. Congrats on the nice new laptop.

Have a great night everyone.
Cindy

Ok, I did it! I did my 7 miles! :woohoo:
12:16
12:08
11:55
12:11
12:12
then I started strictly walking - too tired, and coughing alot
13:20
13:14
1:27:19

I am feeling MUCH better about ToT now though!

I can't believe everyone was TMI-ing over Dave in his boxers.
What about Dave being a Chippendale dancer? :eek:
Now, those boys do scare me. :eek: :eek:

Speaking of WWDave....I came up for a song or two for him during my wogs - "Let's Go Crazy," "Welcome To The Jungle" or maybe "Crazy Train." :rotfl:

I should explain - I think about certain WISHers during certian songs. It really helps me keep going. I thought about alot of you & all the pain & injuries that have been going on. And how I should not be complaining & wanting to bail since I am tired. Many of you would kill to be able to be out there now, rather than recupperating.

I still need songs for more of you!
The ones that make me think of certain people relate to something we were talking about here, or a funny story, or whatnot. I need more songs for more people!
This is what I have so far:
Cam - "Stay With You" and "Live Like You Were Dying"
Christa - "Pour Some Sugar On Me"
Carrie - "Here It Goes Again" (she knows why :rolleyes1 )

I think maybe Sunny should be "Tubthumping" - "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down." :hug:

Maybe Vic could be "I'm Too Sexy" or "SexyBack?" :lmao:

Ok, time to go now. I am obviously delirious from my 7 miler! :rotfl:

And when did Dave become Daze?!? :hippie:

I have been in a Daze all week, 12 hour shifts so I could take monday off for my LSD with my lady and then friday for the race expo and saturday for the 10K race. At my age staying regular is important don't cha know.

That you for noticing, that was sweet.:)

Dazed:hippie:

I can't believe everyone was TMI-ing over Dave in his boxers.
What about Dave being a Chippendale dancer? :eek:
Now, those boys do scare me. :eek: :eek:

Speaking of WWDave....I came up for a song or two for him during my wogs - "Let's Go Crazy," "Welcome To The Jungle" or maybe "Crazy Train." :rotfl:

Maybe Vic could be "I'm Too Sexy" or "SexyBack?" :lmao:

Ok, time to go now. I am obviously delirious from my 7 miler! :rotfl:

Hey I was only a dancer once and it was for charity.:rolleyes1

Last time I heard that phrase, "Welcome to the jungle", I was starting a year of living dangerously.:eek:

Vic as "I'm Too Sexy", Ok, moving right along:

http://www.choiceshirts.com/images/A1/09/A10961B-lg.jpg

WWDave: since I have been banished to the hinter lands for my egregious statement, you are more than welcome to join me in hiding. Have a marvelous time at the race and I hope you reach your goal for it--whatever it might be!

WWDave: since I have been banished to the hinter lands for my egregious statement, you are more than welcome to join me in hiding. Have a marvelous time at the race and I hope you reach your goal for it--whatever it might be!

Martha, Darlin, I just don't know about some people. You try to share tender memories or speak from the heart and they have sport with you. Just no respect at all.:angel:

Thank you for the race wishes, it should be a good race. The weather will be about mid 40s so perfect temp for going hard. My goal is to have tons of fun, not come in last and win the $10,000 at the cash drawing.:yay:

But your not banished any more. By the Power infested in me by Queen Judy:snooty: , beautiful and merciful ruler of the court of "YARK", you are hereby pardoned.pirate:

I miss all the fun.

Who's too sexy now??:lmao:

Judy--what have you been up to???:banana:

Okay--went to the PT this morning....they've been discussing this all week long with me...but I have freakin' scoliosis!!! I'm officially a crooked old lady!:scared1: I've been known to have it for a while...but now....it's official.

Let's see....I'm hypermobile (gumby without the muscular support!)--I'm all over the place (aka the spine minisculing weebles and wobbles as I try to maintain posture..like right now...and it aches while it is struggling to keep me upright!)....the slight curve in the spine...causes torques elsewhere in the spine including the sacrum, which aggravates the psoas...which raises my leg (I don't "notice" per se...but sometimes when I get measured..one time I was off by a knee cap....my knees weren't side by side--how freaky!!!:scared1: )....and with that...the left ITB--that I totally don't notice...is evidently super tight as evidenced by my screams of torture (oh yes--I sometimes scream in therapy!) when we do myofacial release on it.

Now gee--do you think I should understand NOW...why running isn't such a good idea?????

PT is prescribing Pilates classes post-therapy for core strengthening as I will still need a human to guide me through it for the time being...and then Yoga to counter the effects of the scoliosis.

And to think--9 years ago when I got X-rayed in a quack chiropractors office...I actually believed he subbed out the photo with some ladies spine that looked like an upside question mark. I high-tailed it out of there.:lmao: :lmao: I still think he's a quack (and I do see a chiropractor on occasion...this one though was of the ambulance chaser variety)...but I take back my internal accusations of him pulling a switch-a-roo on me.

I am Lisa--and I am the official crooked ol' lady of the WISH Team.:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

All I can say is RACE WEEKEND! I am here at my computer and I hear the cars at Lowes Motor Speedway! We live very close to it....

Christa - "Pour Some Sugar On Me"

Is that B/C I am so sweet?:lmao:
WTG on the run!

Mike--If Stephen posts a picture of me and you say "yummy", I promise I will not be mad at you. :laughing:
Krista - That's great! All I'd have to deal with is Steve and the proctologist that had to remove DW's size 9 Brooks from my....

I was unaware that we had suddenly gone politically correct and not allow some fun and humor. I shall refrain from any in the future and stick to simple statements of fact and encouragement. I do apologize for the offense.
Now Martha - Never accuse me of raining on someone's parade. If you ever see a completely (or mostly) serious, PC post from me, obviously some form of identity theft has taken place.

What are you saying? :eek: I'm a barnyard animal that causes marital strife??? I am hurt to the very core of my existence! :sad1:
Judy, I have a good farmer getting caught with a sheep joke that would work nicely here but I think I'll pass.

No, luckily Dave's full moon is covered by his My Little Pony undies.

Have a good weekend everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter