Wk Of Sept 29 - WISH Walking/Running Club

I am also a DWTS fan. I do like Helio also. I think that Julianne is such a strong choregrapher that she really makes her partners look strong. I feel bad for Cheryl this year being stuck with Wayne.

Nancy

Just a quick post today.

I did a quick (7:44 pace) 3 miles yesterday and a nice and easy (9:06 pace) 6 miles today in preparation for the 18-mile race on Sunday. I went out and got some sports insoles for my running shoes today because my feet have been killing me lately. They seemed to work on the 6 mile run.

I'm not as psyched up about the 18-mile run on Sunday as I was for my last race. I'm sure that will change this weekend.

lourodrigis--WTG on your 10 mile LR this weekend! You are flying! You had to rub it in about our poor Mets blowing it this weekend! I was at the Mets game on Friday night and yesterday, and it was PATHETIC!!! I can't believe that they collapsed like that, a few weeks ago, people around here were talking about the Mets going far in the playoffs...oh well, at least we still have the Yankees.

hockeygirl - Didn't mean to rub it in but since we haven't won anything in 14 years I think it's okay for us to gloat. I was in your area yesterday and it was interesting to listen to the NYC sports radio shows. They seem to reflect your sentiments. They are down about the Mets but the "we still have the Yankees" attitude was the theme of the day. I would love to see a Phillies vs Yankees series. We'll see.

Hey all... So I thought today would be a rest day until I looked at my plan.... I have to run today. This week my plan upped me to 6 days a week (4 running 2 crosstraining). YIKES.... I am so not ready for this.

Judy - I feel bad that you are being picked on yet again!!! :rotfl:

I haven't watched much of the Dancing this season, but I kind of like Sabrina from what I have seen. Helio is really good also. I have only watched it on and off, so I haven't seen Mel B dance or some of the others. Oh and Wayne is really stiff, but he has quite a backing. Kind of like Jerry Springer did!

OK, back to work. My life is rough... no rest for the weary! And this gal needs her rest!

Hey everybody-rest day for me today so no training update to give. But I wanted to catch up with everyone!

Leana--love those socks, I may just have to get myself a pair or two of them. Thanks for the link! Sounds like you had a great time with the Running group..I really need to find a local running group myself!

Sunny--Sorry to hear that the doctor told you only 1 mile. You are so amazing the way you are handling it all! Hang in there!

Erica--glad to hear you had a great 12 miler.

Martha--sorry to hear about your sister's MIL. WTG on your 6 miler. Don't worry about the pace, it will come to you. That is what happened to me...I stopped worrying so much about how fast I was running and now all of a sudden I am back to my pace I was in the Spring. keep up the good work!

littlegreydonkey--sorry to hear the weather is warming up there. Glad to hear your feet are feeling better!!

TnTsParty--Good luck in your upcoming races...you will do great!

Renee--WTG on your workout! I love that you said it was fun, isn't that a great feeling!

Another Dancing with the Stars fan here---so far Helio is my favorite. But that could change since it is so early!

Hope everybody had a great day!

Hey guys, don't worry about Judy.
She knows that you only pick on the ones you love! :love:
Besides, she does have a thing for paramedics.... :rotfl2:

Judy - if you see your neighbor Rob around, you can tell them I loved them at the Mixfest concert in Boston on Saturday night! I even bought their greatest hits CD yesterday - the special version with the concert presale code for when they tour next year.

Just got back from 3 miles at the Y.
12:10
12:16
11:22
35:49

Hi, everyone! Just a quick note to mention I am going stir-crazy. I'll just live vicariously through all of you who are getting in short runs, long runs, cross-training, etc. The pain in my back was so much worse this morning that I was back in the doctor's office and he said he couldn't do any manipulation and wouldn't do the x-rays until the inflammation subsides, Friday at the earliest. His prescription is for 2-3 days of flat on my back rest with vicoden for pain, voltaren for inflammation and valium to get me to relax so that the spasms will subside -- the "3 Vs" he was glad to note. He also suggested PT 3x/week starting next week if I can tolerate it. I told him I'd prefer a diagnosis and a cure to a painkiller and I am really NOT a person to take painkillers, but he is pretty insistent and says reducing the pain is actually essential to a cure. That almost makes sense to me. ;) The good news is the EKG was normal. :confused3 Howard says doing the EKG was a CYA move, for sure! :lmao:

Just lifting a glass of water with my right arm hurts. UGH! I may be going into ToT with last week's 10 miles being my last significant workout. I am going to go check out the thread and see if anyone will walk with me at the back of the pack and a darn near certain DLF! :sad1:

Cam - you listen to that doctor & you will be fine! If you don't listen to him, you could be a DNS - MUCH worse than DLF!!!!! And shoot, is DLF so freakin' bad, woman?! Don't make me come to DE and hold you down on bed rest!!! :rotfl: I'll only be an hour or so north of you on Friday evening....so you best behave!

Gosh, I would kill to be put on bed rest right now, I am so exhausted! :lmao:

Cam - you listen to that doctor & you will be fine! If you don't listen to him, you could be a DNS - MUCH worse than DLF!!!!! And shoot, is DLF so freakin' bad, woman?! Don't make me come to DE and hold you down on bed rest!!! :rotfl: I'll only be an hour or so north of you on Friday evening....so you best behave!

Gosh, I would kill to be put on bed rest right now, I am so exhausted! :lmao:

Seriously? 1 hour? Where are you going to be and how do we make a visit happen? :hug:

I'll pipe in on behalf of Meghan, since she's apparently not around right now.

From the Indy car fans here, GO HELIO! He's a terrific race car driver, a really friendly guy (so she says!) and now he's proving to be a great dancer as well.

Oh yeah - we're big DWTS fans too in case you hadn't noticed.

Cam - :grouphug: Do what the doc says. You have to get better before ToT. I'd be more than willing to walk in the back if only I could be there... darn band competitions! And the small issue of a broken foot...

Jeanne - Like Renee, glad to have the picture so I'll know who I'm looking for! Looks like we'll at least have a mini-WISH meet at the City of Oaks marathon in November.

Leana - Love the socks. As soon as I return the last shoes to Running Warehouse I'll order them from there!

One more week until I see the doc and MAYBE get rid of the boot... :woohoo:

Jackie

So I compromised tonight. I did 30 minutes of bike riding pulling DD4 in her trailer, then I did 1.2 miles of running with no walking (yah me!). My legs are getting tired this week!

Cam - oh hun... I do hope you feel better soon. 1 year ago I was in excruciating back pain from a pre-existing condition. All I could do was rest and stretch. Please take the rest time, it will be well worth it. I still get back pain flare ups and that is how I know to take it easy.

Judy - OK, I was giggling a bit. But I didn't want you to feel totally bad. At least you didn't bring up that your DH kept you up late again!!! :lmao:

Just a very quick drive through.

3 miles last night and 4.25 tonight on the plank.

Cam - Listen to the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

All - Train hard, and take care.

I'll try to catch up with everyone later.

:)

Just lifting a glass of water with my right arm hurts. UGH! I may be going into ToT with last week's 10 miles being my last significant workout. I am going to go check out the thread and see if anyone will walk with me at the back of the pack and a darn near certain DLF! :sad1:

Cam, a lot of us walkers are planning on a mobile party for the ToT going as fast as our slowest member. You are welcome to hang with us.

I very much identify with what you are going through. I hurt my back once, right side between the spine and the shoulder blade. I couldn't lay down flat the pain was aweful. Erica was on temp total disability at the time for her lower back. She had hurt her back at work, giving a patient a shot in a low bed.

I couldn't afford to be laid up to. I made my first ever trip to a chiropractor. She had me healed in about a week. What had happened was a rib had pulled loose from the socket in the spine that they fit in.

Feel better, your sweet presence is needed, you are a big part of what's good about WISH.

Dave:hippie:

Cam, you know the party is at the back! You take care of yourself this is not something to fight the doc over. You won't be on those meds long enough to do damage if that is what you worry is.

I've been still pretty swamped. I have a half marathon this weekend that I will be mostly walking since my training has slowed some I don't want to risk damage.

WISH Team calendar is updated.

OH CAM! I am so sorry! Rest girl rest! You will be in my prayers....As you know, during my LRs I try to pray for someone each mile. I will put you near the end when I am a little slower.:lmao: That way you will get more time.

Cam I did see a girl who looked like you on my run yesterday. I said a little prayer for you when I saw her...she was flying. Are you sure you don't live in Charlotte? This is the 2nd person I have seen that I thought was you for a second!:confused3

Rest day 4 me....well if you don't include work.:rolleyes: I am hoping to do my 18 miles tomorrow without and acid reflux/or any other painful issues.:sad2: I have not chosen a route yet....may do the 12 mile route on tricharlotte then add on at some of the local parks. That way I am close to my starting point but I do not have to do 2 loops....I am not good with passing my starting/ending point in the middle of a run.

I know lots are racing this weekend! Lots of :wizard: :wizard: to help you fly through the course!:grouphug:

Cam - Sorry to hear about your back pain. Make sure you follow those Dr's orders. I understand about not wanting to take the pain meds but if you are in pain your body can't heal since its focusing on the pain on not healing. So get the pain to subside and then the healing can begin. Sending you some :wizard: for healing.

Well I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but I am pulling for Helio just because he drives for Penske (I was a Rusty Wallace fan and now go for Kurt Busch - also Penske but in NASCAR!!! :cool1: )

My 3.5 miles yesterday went ok. I have been trying something new when I am running on the TM - I start out walking the 1st mile (ends up making my time longer but it warms up my legs and my calves don't end up hurting midway through the 1st mile) and then I am usually able to run the next mile to 1.5 miles without walking. So my total for 3.5 yesterday was 48 minutes - not such a great time but at least I am getting my miles in and I am learning from it. Now I know why people are already running or walking around the 5k course before the race (as my DH reminded me when I told him about walking the 1st mile in training - because at the 3 5ks I have done I always comment on the people "getting tired out" before the race even starts - now I am going to be one of "those" people!! LOL) I change up my schedule this week and instead of the 3.5 miles I had scheduled for today I am doing stretch and strength which was on the schedule for Monday but I ended up taking Monday as a rest day and I need a break from running. 3.5 miles for Friday.

All with events this weekend - GOOD LUCK :cheer2:

Oh, you guys are so sweet!!! I feel like a total basket case. Let's see, I hurt my hip before the 2006 Minnie; it was still troublesome during the 2006 DL Half; I started the 2007 full healthy and strong but FELL before mile 7 :sad2: I got bronchitis before the Minnie :eek: .

Geez, do you think my body is trying to tell me something? :lmao:

I really do appreciate the prayers :grouphug: , and Christa, I REALLY would appreciate being your prayer point for your slowest mile. :cool1: I LOVE the idea of "sharing" your run, you speedy thing! I will keep you in my prayers that you don't have any tummy or reflux issues during your run! :goodvibes

Dave -- my friend swears by her chiropractic 2x/month visits. I am seriously considering it. My health insurance even covers part of it, IIRC. How cool is that?

Tricia -- That is a great plan. I realized recently that the shin splints always happened when I went out fast at the start, and they last between 1 - 1.2 miles. So, you're right. It makes so much sense to either walk for a mile before the race or to take it easy the first mile so that you don't get hurt. I can't wait to hear how this goes for you! :goodvibes

I have to get over to the weekend race thread, but wanted to say "GOOD LUCK WISH TEAM" to anyone racing this weekend! We'll be thinking of you and sending pixiedust: and :goodvibes and :grouphug:

Hey, does anyone want to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern Friday night who doesn't have an ADR? :banana:

I know Vic has a group ADR for 4pm, but we won't have park tickets, just MNSSHP tickets, so we cant' get into the park until 4, at the earliest.

We have a 4:30 ADR at LTT and room for a few more WISHers to join us.
Any takers?

Cam--I second/third what everyone else said! Please take care of yourself! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks! And the way things are going for DH and I we might be back-of-the-packers as well. I wish we could take you up on the Liberty Tree Tavern ADR--but we decided to do MNSSHP on Sunday night instead.

Kristi--I sent you a PM

Great job everyone keeping up with your training! PD to those with injuries. We're dealing with sickness at our house right now. But thank God that it happened after the marathon last weekend and before ToT. DH has been laid up in bed for the past 2 days and I woke up this morning with a nasty head cold. I really want to get my first post-marathon workout in today, but we'll see. I just want to walk/jog 2 miles and do a little strength training--but my body is saying different right now. But how cool is it that now, I'm sad missing a workout instead of being relieved!

Okay, gotta go pack Emma's lunch for school! Have a great Thursday all! WooHoo, 3 weeks from now I'll be on a plane to the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter