Wonder - October 24, 2004

This might work for everybody who's interested...may not even be a long shot. How about meeting at Studio Sea at 4 p.m on Sunday, Day 1. That time would probably be before the Muster Drill (thinking that might occur at 5 p.m. before Main sitting) and Studio Sea should be empty. Luggage will still be in the delivery stage but like Fleshju said, we can just run in for a quick 'hello' or more if possible.

Susan

4PM Studio Sea works for me!! See you there!!

(oh, and in case you forgot - that would be in one week from today!!!!)

I'm not going to be able to do a meet because I feel like I should help my guests settle in that first day instead of running off on my own. But I thought you should know you'll need to pick another time for your meet since the safety drill is a 4pm. Sorry to be party pooper.

Thanks, Amymouse. I found that out too after I sent that email and my husband told me the Muster Drill was at 4 p.m. Okay.....then......(!)...how about after the M.D. say at 5 p.m.? That should give us enough time to get untangled from the life jackets and tuck them away for safe keeping. How does 5 p.m. work for all interested?

YES--one week from TODAY!! Woo hoo!

Susan

Why don't you schedule the meet during the Sail Away party? Seems like almost everyone will be up there anyway and it would be easier to slip away from other guests for a few minutes to say hello on deck. What about a certain spot on that deck and someone could make a small sign?

Just 7 more days !!

WDWguru, We're not sure what the kids are going to do at CC while we are off. He may want to go to the Kids Club also, or maybe just hang out on the beach with my oldest daughter (15).

In our docs there was some info on Halloween gift bags. Does anyone know if there is something special planned for Halloween. I've heard they do trick or treating on board, but didn't know if we would since it's not until sunday. Anyone have some info on this?

We'll plan to stop by whereever and whenever we set up to meet.

Balloo, just spoke with a Disney rep. and the Halloween gifts are for purchase only. Guess that's no surprise, but darn it!! No trick or treating for the kids either...that's just on the Oct. 31 sailing. We've sailed on two Carnival cruises during Halloween and trick or treated/partied on board and it was a lot of fun. Oh well. At least it's one thing less to pack, to look on the bright side!

Susan

Just an idea. On my last cruise, we decided on a spot on deck 10 and met after the safety drill. It was a convenient time and since we were up on deck we didn't miss the Sail Away Party or the actual sailing away. Just an option for you to consider.

Terrific idea, Amymouse. Let's think of a good spot on Deck 10. I'll look at the deck layout to come up with some choices.

Deck 10 at 5:00 sounds fine to us, where's the spot? ;)

For parasailing, can the rest of my family (DS6, mom, and dad) come along to watch? That is what we were hoping. :( Maybe I should call to find out.

We leave this week. Woohooo!:bounce: Can't wait to see everyone! (hoping)

Originally posted by fleshju
For parasailing, can the rest of my family (DS6, mom, and dad) come along to watch?

I would guess the answer is no, unless the time isn't sold out. It sounds like we've already got a large group going, so I would guess there won't be room on the boat. Between the three of us who have posted there are at least seven of us parasailing already, and that's not counting anyone else who may have signed up for that time who isn't on these boards (or hasn't found this thread).

Another thread I posted asked about how many went each trip and the replies indicated they sometimes send two boats, so you may get lucky. I would call and ask but would definitely make alternate plans just in case. Even if it's not full now, there may be people who sign up on the boat. A lot can change in the next week.

Okay guys, how about if we meet on Deck 10, midship, where the elevators and the ESPN broadcast booth are. Figured midship works for those who have to scatter back to their families/reunions/parties/favorite bar/etc.! Another option could be the entrance to Palo's which is in the stern, starboard side (I believe). What do you think?

Susan

Midship about 5:00 sounds good to us - can't wait to meet everyone! I hope we will not be overdressed for dinner - I hear most people don't dress nice for the dinners anymore onboard. My mom and I were looking forward to getting dressed for dinner. I love to see my DS's and DH dressed nice once in a while! ::yes::

Bummer about family not being able to come on the boat to watch/support the parasailers. But we understand there is only so much room. Hey, I'm still excited (I will not chicken out, I will not chicken out. . .) :scared: My parents are going to do something special with my DS6 while we parasail, so all will be well. :earboy2:

Aren't these boards the best?! Here's to a safe trip for everyone! :mickeybar (yummy, I can't wait to have a Mickey bar)

I am so excited but have not managed to pack! OH NOOOOOOOO. I plan to dress a bit for dinner, I have a 3 year old girl who is very into being a princess, and she loves dress up. See you all soon, but not soon enough.

Originally posted by Queenk333
I have a 3 year old girl who is very into being a princess, and she loves dress up.

I have a 4 year old that thinks she is a princess. She loves to dress up too.

Chad.

hey everyone!

this is my final post before i see you all on the ship! hopefully i can get this packing wrapped up shortly and i will be picked up to head to the airport tomorrow at 4:15 am!!

see you all soon!!
:wave2:

Wow, I can't believe we'll be taking off in 24 hours:Pinkbounc !!
Since last I posted, DH and I decided to add a couple of days at WDW on to our trip.
We'll be staying at Port Orleans-Riverside 10/28-10/30 and will be attending MNSSHP on 10/28.
I hope to meet some of you during the sail away party.
For those of you familiar with Passporter, I will be wearing a white top with the Passporter logo on it.
See ya real soon:earsgirl: !

Hope everyone had a WONDERful time last week! We were hanging around the Aloft area, midship on the starboard side at 5 p.m. Checked with some people standing there but with no luck. It was so crowded! No surprise! So unfortunately we didn't get to meet anyone. The trip was too darn short but a great time.

Happy Halloween to all of you trick or treaters!!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter