Wonder - October 24, 2004

Balloo - yes, very close by! And I think our "Indian summer" is over with the blast of cold that is coming. How old are your kids? My boys are 10 and 6.

Anyone know a good place to meet on the ship? By the pool? In the lounge?

Welcome Balloo!

Well, I have to admit, I've been checking the National Hurricane Center webpage frequently, and thank goodness there are no hurricanes/tropical storms on the horizon! I just pray it stays that way. As for the itenerary, I've read that recent cruises have visited CC, which is a relief since this is our first Disney cruise!! We didn't want to miss the best port!

What shore excursion(s) (if any) is everyone doing? We are trying the catamaran sail and snorkel (hoping to see lots of :fish: !) and the snorkle and bike rental on CC. I've tried to talk my DH into the banana boat ride, but I'm not sure he's convinced!

We have two girls, 15 and 11, and my son is 7. We travel quite a bit around the country but have never done a cruise before. We can't wait !!

We are going to try to book parasailing while at CC. My wife insists that she wants to do this, so I'll go along. That assumes that her docs arrive tomorrow as planned. We got ours about 10 days ago, but hers were missing. This has been her dream for years and years, and then we get our docs and she doesn't. (No, she didn't think it was very funny at all).

hey balloo! i sure do hope your wife's documents arrived - im thinking i wouldnt have been amused by that either!

Balloo, if your wife's docs don't arrive, they can always have them waiting at the ship for her. And of course, this will raise her stress level! It's a common procedure anyway for last minute (literally!) booked passengers. Fingers crossed for mail delivery this week!

Fleshju, we've been thinking of some good meeting places....very hard on a full Disney cruise though! Here are some thoughts: Studio Sea, which can be empty and quiet at times; the piano bar which is so nice with huge porthole-like windows; or even in the terminal before boarding. It's a great terminal and whoever gets there early enough can meet. Lunch is usually served when boarding begins around 12-1 pm-ish. Thought of meeting at lunch at the buffet, but it's always crazy and busy up there. On a four-day cruise, meeting sooner than later would be better, don't you think? How about anybody else? What are your thoughts? We can always crash JJsmama's family reunion party? Where are YOU meeting, JJsmama?! (only kidding!!)

Will check in later!

Susan

:wave2:

I finally went ahead and booked our parasailing adventure. I even reserved a spot for my DH who might chicken out. I hope not. Now I'm even more excited!!! :tongue: I started getting paranoid that there wouldn't be any openings left if I waited until we were on the ship. Balloo, maybe we'll see you parasailing if you decide to go.

I think the Studio Sea or piano bar sound like good choices (less hectic) to meet. How about the first day before dinner? We are in the Main seating (what time is that?). The terminal probably won't work for us as we are on Disney trans from WDW, so will arrive later. Anyone else want to join us? Or, yes, crashing a family reunion could be adventurous! Where is JJsmama?

Are we all dancing because we are in the single digits now?!

What time are you parasailing?! Me, DH, MIL and oldest nephew (13) are going at I think 2:00. I don't have the confirmation in front of me, but I know it's early afternoon because nephew is doing the teen excursion in the morning.

Let's meet before dinner if we can. We'll be put through the life boat/jacket drill before we sail I'm sure. Maybe before that. We have late seating unless the waitlist for main has cleared. Doesn't matter too much on a 4-day cruise. I think main sitting is at 6 or 6:15 p.m.

You guys are getting me in a panic here about booking on Castaway Cay!! Thinking of doing the Banana Boat. Has anyone done that before? We've been to CC twice but haven't done that or parasailing there.

I AM dancing in the single digits now!!!!

Originally posted by flycruisers
We can always crash JJsmama's family reunion party? Where are YOU meeting, JJsmama?! (only kidding!!)

:

Haha! With my family, we might pretend to have forgotten your name. And if you bring some chocolate, we won't even care!

I'm here! Thanks for asking about me. We're not sure where our little party will be yet. We've been tentatively told it will be about 5:15 on the first day but we don't know where or anything else. (P.S. I know you weren't serious about crashing.) It will be interesting to see what they put together for us. I think that is a bad time since it will be squashed between lifeboat drill, sail away party and the early dinner seating. Oh well.

Don't as me where to meet. I've never been on there before. I can't make promises, but I would make an effort to show up. I think the embarkation day is too hectic though. Maybe day 2: Nassua?

Jennifer

The docs arrived yesterday !! All is right with the world now.

I also called to book parasailing at CC, at 2PM. It seemed like a good idea, but maybe right after lunch wasn't so smart.

We leave in 8 days. Wow, we have a lot to do....

1st time posting. Just preparing for our 3 day land / 4 day sea departure next Thursday 21st from Philadelphia Airport.

In-law trip, Father, Mother, brother, sister, me, my wife and my daughter Kaitlyn (age 4 & very excited).

Staying at Animal Kingdom then off the boat on 24th.

We cruised with my family on Big Red Boat in 1992. After reading these boards, the Wonder has alot more to offer.

I take from reading some other topics, that when we hit the boat deck to go:

Register for dinners
Register Kaitlyn for Oceaners club

Anthing else I am missing?

Thanks,
Hope to have a blast.
Chad G. :bounce:

Welcome Chadg51! The only thing missing is booking a shore excursion if you aren't doing that ahead of time. Sometimes the desk isn't open immediately but seeing that this is only a 4-day trip, it might be (also docking in Nassau the next day would prompt them to open sooner).

JJsmama, I know what you mean about waiting until after the first day to meet. Pete and I talked about that but realized that it will be difficult on Day 2 at Nassau, then the trip is half over. So if we can squeeze it in, even for a short hello, on Day 1, that would set us all up for the rest of the week. Having said that, we're flexible!!! Others? What do you think?!

Soon we'll all be in the sunny Caribbean! Yeah!

Susan

also, is there some type of internet cafe on the ship that I can access and clean out some of my 2 billion spam messages while at sea?

Originally posted by chadg51
I take from reading some other topics, that when we hit the boat deck to go:

Register for dinners
Register Kaitlyn for Oceaners club

Anthing else I am missing?
Chad G. :bounce:

Chad, this is my understanding: Unless you are trying to dine at Palo, you don't need to register for dining. You can race to register your daughter, but she has a guarenteed spot and doesn't need reservations. If you want Spa reservations, do go and get those. Don't stress yourself out unless absolutely necessary.

Originally posted by chadg51
also, is there some type of internet cafe on the ship that I can access and clean out some of my 2 billion spam messages while at sea?

Yes there is. I think you can buy unlimited internet or buy a little. It is not cheap. Search the DCL board for all the particulars if you want.

The internet cafe is right next to the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3. You can buy an the unlimited internet package for 39.99, or pay $0.75 a minute. I made great use of the package on my last cruise. Even if I didn't use it enough to justify the $40 (but I think I did) it was nice to surf whenever I wanted and not have that antsy feeling I got as the minutes ticked away at $0.75 each on a previous cruise when I didn't but the package.

Also, you should know that everyone in your stateroom can use the package if you purchase it. Just make sure only one user is signed on at a time.

From what I hear, there will also be a few terminals available at the brand new Cove Cafe where you can use the package or pay by the minute, as well.

im looking forward to the new cove cafe! oh - who am i kidding - im looking forward to this whole trip! just counting down the minutes now!!

We are doing the land / sea staying at the Poly.. Oct .21-24
Then the Wonder ... If I make it celebrating DD 12 BD and her friend is coming with us... What was I thinking ??? LOL..
:Pinkbounc

WDWguru - we are parasailing at 2:00 too! I wonder how many they send out each time? This will the first time for all of us. I am going tandem with my DS10.

Meeting before the drill sounds fine. Even just for a quick hello and introductions as Flycruisers said. Then we can go from there. Who knows where we'll be seated at dinner - we might see each other. :chat:

For those going on the land/sea next Thursday - is anyone here wearing the lime green ribbon at WDW? Mine is on my fanny pack and I'll be on the lookout for other DISer's (there is a post somewhere on the theme park threads on this). The list of lime-green wearers is VERY long and I'm hoping to put some faces with posts! ;)

As I crazy if I've already started packing? I'm too excited and NEED a vacation! Can't wait till we are all there.

Looks like 2:00 is a popular time for parasailing! That'll be fun -- it's our first time too and I can't wait. As far as I know we're all going individually, but MIL may chicken out.

Balloo - is your whole group going? We have a 7-year-old newphew that is too young and were going to leave him in the kids club on the beach. What are you doing with your 7-year-old?

We'll be at BWV (DH, MIL and me) from the 20th-24th and the whole group will stay after the cruise through the 1st (MNSSHP on the 29th), probably spending most of our pre-cruise time at Epcot for F&W. I'll be on the lookout!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter