Wonder Sept 19th?

The Wonder went into dry dock Sept 20 in Victoria, Canada. They are doing cosmetic changes, putting in the new wi-fi, cleaning up the ship, and basically getting ready to go to Australia. :love:

I also heard a rumor they are also doing something with the stabilizers to reduce vibration on the trans-Pacific. So looking forward to that two week journey.

I also heard a rumor they are also doing something with the stabilizers to reduce vibration on the trans-Pacific. So looking forward to that two week journey.
Yes, very excited and can’t wait for this ”First DCL in Australia”. Gonna be a blast😁🎉😁

So I heard they gave her a new propeller. They were out all yesterday doing Sea Trial and should be heading to Vancouver soon to start her sailing to Hawaii😁View attachment 798885
They indeed entirely upgraded the propulsion system, as well as doing heavy cleaning and repainting of the hull -this much was confirmed by officers on board the ship a few weeks ago

Don't know about the internet yet, but I saw photos of new larger TVs in the staterooms.

Does anyone have a photo of the wet/dry bag? I was going to pack one but if the gold level bag is similar, I won’t need to bring it.

Hi All,
so from what I have read from someone who is on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise right now it is the upgraded internet ranging from $18.00 a day for social media (no surfing or emails), $28.00 a day for basic surfing and $42.00 a day for premium surfing. All prices are for one device at a time using the plan. You can use several devices but only one at a time. You can buy for more devices i.e. 3 devices on premium is $884.00 for cruise duration (10 days for this Vancouver cruise)

hope this helps

This is the best photo
Does anyone have a photo of the wet/dry bag? I was going to pack one but if the gold level bag is similar, I won’t need to bring it.
this is the best photo someone posted of the wet dry bag they received on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise.
hope this helpsIMG_12CB1A2BF073-1.jpeg

Thanks for the photo. The bag doesn’t look very large. I think I’ll pack my bigger one that will hold a change of clothes and towels and shoes.

Thanks for the photo. The bag doesn’t look very large. I think I’ll pack my bigger one that will hold a change of clothes and towels and shoes.
Yeah, we have one from May, it would hold a bathing suit (to keep other things dry) or some personal items you didn't want to get wet. Definitely not shoes/towels.

She sure did arrive in Hilo! The colors look brighter to me. I think the cleaning and painting helped. Bon Voyage Wonder! :love: Disney Wonder 2023hilo.jpg

Does anyone know if the ships still use the portable phones so you can take them on deck to communicate with others in your party or is there a better way since 1999:ssst:

Does anyone know if the ships still use the portable phones so you can take them on deck to communicate with others in your party or is there a better way since 1999:ssst:
No those phones were taken out of the rooms a few years ago. You can text through the navigator app now or use WhatsApp or iMessage(don't need the wifi package for either of those).

No those phones were taken out of the rooms a few years ago. You can text through the navigator app now or use WhatsApp or iMessage(don't need the wifi package for either of those).
iMessage doesn’t always work though, it’s been hit and miss on my last few cruises (all on the Wonder.)

It’s not been an issue on the other ships so not sure if it’s because they had the old WiFi still.

iMessage doesn’t always work though, it’s been hit and miss on my last few cruises (all on the Wonder.)

It’s not been an issue on the other ships so not sure if it’s because they had the old WiFi still.
For some reason, RCS messages on Android worked for the first time on the Wonder back in August/September, before the WiFi change. It's never worked for me on the other ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter