Work venting thread...

I know where your coming from, and I didn't mean to make it sound like I was complaining about every teacher, just some. We have drops in the most ackward places, like in the center of the chalkboard, and we are only allowed 10 feet by the fire marshall, at least thats the rule in Indiana, but what are you gonna do?

Yeah, so, who comes up with these wiring plans?

I know that two of the teachers in our school did a full school schematic and consultation about where drops were needed and what was practical for the space before any work was done. And then, there they were in completely useless places.

I'm glad you're allowed 10 foot cords, we're only allowed 3 feet unless it's on something portable. So, the end result is that departments have purchased trolleys to store computers on and the trolley has a nice LONG cord that wraps up around it and then gets pulled out when the computer is going to be used.

I really wish that there was some form of consultation before things were done. That way you wouldn't have teachers moving computers on you (because they would have been able to participate in the planning) and I wouldn't have computers under my tap!

I love my patients but sometimes they can be really insane! I was consulting a lady the other day who was going to start radiation treatments for her metastatic breast cancer to her bones and this is how the conversation went :

Me : So what would you rate your pain level?

Patient : Ummm probably a 10/10. But you know, as a black woman my pain is more severe than others.

Me : Ummm how do you mean?
Patient : Black women experience worse pain due to their chemicals in their blood.

Me : Wow, I wasn't taught that in school.

Patient : Thats because you went to a white school.

Me : Touché

She cracked me up! But seriously, how do I chart that?? hahaha!

Or another one......

Me : Do you have any med allergies?

Patient : Yes, I am severely allergic to Codeine!

Me : Do you get nausea and vomiting?
Patient : No it just don't work on me. My body is immune to it and it built up an allergy!

Me : Ummm well that really isn't an allergy.

Patient : Yes it is. And I'm allergic to Hydrocodone also! Y'all need to give me the good stuff.

Or better yet, going to get a patient from the waiting room at at 930am for his 10 am appointment and having him yell at me for not letting him finish his cigarette. Ummmmm you are here for a radiation consult to hopefully help get your lung cancer under control but go ahead and finish your third cigarette since arriving. Sheesh!

If she is getting rads for stage IV breast cancer I am thinking her pain will probably eventually be more than a 10 no matter what racial scale you measure it with. :sad2: But really, how bizarre. Add in the drug seeker and the self-destructive smoker and I do believe you have the work vent trifecta! :hug:

And then sometimes you are left no really viable choice. The situation becomes so untenable, so unethical, so flat out wrong, you leave. :guilty:

So then? Anyone know of a job opening anywhere? :rolleyes:

And then sometimes you are left no really viable choice. The situation becomes so untenable, so unethical, so flat out wrong, you leave. :guilty:

So then? Anyone know of a job opening anywhere? :rolleyes:

Oh, my! :hug: That doesn't sound good. I am sorry. I hope you can find a new job that you love!

Walked into work tonight... First off, let me ask, have you guys heard of "Yours is a very bad hotel?" http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/badhotel.asp

Came in tonight. We were oversold by 2 rooms. And they had made no valid attempts to find rooms for the people I was going to have to walk. Walking is where you send someone to another hotel on your hotel's dime because you screwed up.

Someone is going to come in late tonight, and I'll have to break the news to them that they will have to stay elsewhere. Luckily, I have rooms for them at another hotel, but still... NOT GOOD! We have no way of contacting these people to tell them that they will be staying at a different hotel, since 1 was booked through Travelocity, and the other one is an employee reservation, neither of which has a valid telephone number on it.

My night is going to be incredibly horrendous.

Came in tonight. We were oversold by 2 rooms. And they had made no valid attempts to find rooms for the people I was going to have to walk. Walking is where you send someone to another hotel on your hotel's dime because you screwed up.

Someone is going to come in late tonight, and I'll have to break the news to them that they will have to stay elsewhere. Luckily, I have rooms for them at another hotel, but still... NOT GOOD! We have no way of contacting these people to tell them that they will be staying at a different hotel, since 1 was booked through Travelocity, and the other one is an employee reservation, neither of which has a valid telephone number on it.

Good luck!

Well, one of them came in... and proceeded to yell at me. "Why didn't anyone contact us? What are we supposed to do about parking?"

So yeah... good times. The employee reservation has yet to walk in... sounds like they're going to be after midnight. Should be exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter