Worst Things About Hollywood Studios?

Quick Service Dining tops the list, but the layout of the park is atrocious. It's like some distorted Picasso painting or something.

Agree with so much on this board!

No shade, park layout, lack of "rides" and the food. We love Sci-Fi, but the quick service options are not great.

The park layout is terrible. The walk from ToT to TSM is so long! Seems like we back track quite a bit.

I think there's a general lack of cohesiveness. My DD and I were just there last month and we just didn't get the park. I understand the history and that it's forever evolving and growing, but there is a lack of purpose or story. TSL makes sense on it's own. Some of the rides, restaurants and shows as single entities make sense, on their own. But there is no flow to the park and it hurts the overall purpose of the park as a whole.

First time we visited the park in 2000, my husband complained about the lack of rides—said it was all shows. So here we are almost 20 years later, it’s still the same thing—few rides & lots of shows.

The biggest problem is that the park has no identity. Which is particularly sad because I used to think it had the strongest theming of any of the parks. Everything used to kind of make sense; the whole idea of a working studio turned into a theme park was genius, and it just had an incredible old-world Hollywood feel to it. Now, it's just a random collection of IP without even an attempt at connecting the dots. The immersion factor is completely gone from this park.

1. Lack of shade!
2. Getting rid of The Great Movie Ride. HUGE mistake. Could've updated it if they wanted change. That ride was what HS used to be.
3. Bad CS options....the one restaurant I looked forward to (PizzaRizzo) is never open. I like the atmosphere at ABC Commissary, but the food is blah.
4. If they get rid of Beauty & the Beast, I'm done! It's not outdated, its classic! ( it would be better in an air conditioned theater though :).

We love the studios...Once Star Wars opens...look out! We only go once per visit but its always a must do!

I am glad I am not alone! I was there for the first time in feb and we really enjoyed ourselves. We loved there were more shows than rides. I think it is what puts it apart from the other parks. I actually didn’t mind the layout- I could easily find my way around :)
Coming from a first timer for HS, I didn’t have any complaints.

We love shows so we love DHS. also kindaknice that it is a small park so we rarely deal with complaints of aching feet. Since the main complaint is not enough rides, they have added 2 Toy Story rides, Mickey's Runaway Railroad, and 2 Star Wars rides. I think this will balance out the park pretty nicely.

Although I agree they really need a kiddie playspace. Glad my kids got to enjoy the Honey I shrunk the Kids playground when they were younger.

50’s Prime Time stopped being fun because servers were afraid of offending diners that weren’t “game” to fool around.

The removal of The Great Movie Ride is a big disappointment for us.

No more Osborne Family Lights at Christmas is a huge letdown.

50’s Prime Time stopped being fun because servers were afraid of offending diners that weren’t “game” to fool around.

The removal of The Great Movie Ride is a big disappointment for us.

No more Osborne Family Lights at Christmas is a huge letdown.
I will a agree with the fact that sadly for at least right now...Hoping it changes...we are in the era of everyone gets offended, everyone looks for an issue to whine about....so yes that affects the way they make fun of you or whatever. I wish 50's was a 110% political correctness free zone. It would be the greatest. Hopefully the new generation of young people (my kids) will fix this. They say they will. So i have hope. Im 48 and its not our generation messing up things either..lol Its in between x and z.
I mean if you don't want to be made fun of and humiliated.....go somewhere else to eat. that was the whole idea of the experience.
We love the 50's cafe. But due to no more really good insults and fun....we have been doing sci fi. Until some idiot (s) will ruin that too.
I have seen folks lately actually ask NOT to be messed with or engaged. Well, adios eat somewhere else then. This is the point of the cafe..

Last edited:
The biggest problem is that the park has no identity. Which is particularly sad because I used to think it had the strongest theming of any of the parks. Everything used to kind of make sense; the whole idea of a working studio turned into a theme park was genius, and it just had an incredible old-world Hollywood feel to it. Now, it's just a random collection of IP without even an attempt at connecting the dots. The immersion factor is completely gone from this park.

I remember going in the 90's as a child and being so fascinated with this park. I loved seeing all the behind the scenes stuff and learning about how they made the movies and TV shows. It was when Honey I shrunk the kids was still new'ish and they had a giant bumblebee with a green screen or something that volunteers had to get on, then act terrified like the kids in the movie...then they put it into the movie scene. It was amazing and such a cool learning experience about filming and special effects.
It seems so disjointed today.

My biggest complaint: how do you have Toy Story Land and not have a Pizza Planet?!

I know they used to have one elsewhere. I thought they would have made a new one in the new area.

I get the feeling between TSL and SWGE that Disney is mimicking a bit of IOA- different worlds, each with a few rides/shows. I’m curious to see how it evolves in the next decade.

Things we loved at DHS that are no longer:

1. Real behind scenes personalized Backstage tours and Catastrophe Canyon!!
2. Stars and Motor Cars Parade & Block Party Bash
3. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playset
4. Lights, Camera, Action Stunt Show
5. Great Movie Ride
6. Osborne Lights
7. Animation Studio
8. The Streets of America
9. Music of Pixar Live
10. Sweet Spells Bakery & The Writer's Stop

Happy to get Star Wars Land, but wish they could have kept some of the above!

Is it really Hollywood Studios if there isn't a STUDIO?:confused3

Last edited:
This is how I feel. Now it seems it's just all over the place with its identity! I also hate it that they took out the Great Movie Ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter