Worst Value Meal (Most overpriced)

How about Liberty Tree Tavern's dinner, which serves you buffet quality sliced turkey, mash potatoes, and stauffer mac and cheese for up to $59.99 per adult

Dinner at LTT is not $60 per adult. It is $40 per adult. Still expensive, and not something our family would ever pay for.

And tip was not included, and my waitress made sure to tell me and was even so nice as to circle where I needed to write in her tip before I signed for anything (yes sarcasm).
I know that can be offputting but I think that's more likely at WDW because people may make the assumption (and I have read that before on the DIS) that you don't have to tip when on the Dining Plan or they don't even think about tipping when paying with credits from their Dining Plan.

We're not big TS people. That said I have heard for BOG lunch is the sweet spot where breakfast and dinner are not worth it even though for dinner you get the beast.

I didn't think our QS meals were too terrible honestly.

But here's some ones I can think of:

We weren't the biggests fans of the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich at Smokejumpers Grill over at DCA in March 2019. The price wasn't truly bad but I think we just regretted getting it and since both of us did it was $24 (total for 2) worth of so so tasting chicken with overpowering (to us) buffalo sauce. We could have split 1 sandwich honestly and felt better about having spent the money.

I also didn't think our Kungaloosh at Skipper Canteen in September 2017 in WDW was worth $8.00 in terms of overall tasting; the ice cream was good but the chocolate cake wasn't really there for us. It's expected pricing but I think I would have felt a tad better about the overall taste of it if we had spent a bit less on it. I think my husband didn't quite feel the chicken parm he had at Mama Melrose in terms of ratios on the portion was ideal but I don't think he felt the price was too too bad.

My fiance took a bite, spit it into a napkin and threw it away.
Question - Does anyone take the food back? I have seen a number of posts saying the food was cold or inedible and they threw it away.
I expect decent food and temperature for my money, and have no issue returning it if is not. Disney is no different ...other then being more expensive.

Well, that's interesting. www.themouseforless.com and www.allears.net both state the price is $34. Even the actual website states $34.99 https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/trattoria-al-forno/
Well, your prices for these aren't quite correct. Chef Mickey is $49, 1900 Park Fare is $42, and Ohana is $40

You also forgot to mention the pastry platter at Trattoria, and you did make the choice of the pancakes. You could have had steak for the same price, so some of the disappointment is on you for your choice.

And considering you get characters at Trattoria that CANNOT be met in the parks anywhere, I'd say the $40 price is mostly for that and not the food.
I have to butt in and ask why you are being so condescending to the OP. She is simply saying that a $40 stack of pancakes didn't feel worth it. You don't have to agree.

Last edited:
Question - Does anyone take the food back? I have seen a number of posts saying the food was cold or inedible and they threw it away.
I expect decent food and temperature for my money, and have no issue returning it if is not. Disney is no different ...other then being more expensive.
Depends on many variables. I threw an egg roll from a food cart located outside the China Pavilion in the trash can after a bite but didn't bother to ask for my money back since it was only a snack credit. Until I discovered the joys of Karamel Kuche we rarely used them anyway. On the other hand the man was served overcooked salmon at Narcoossee's and that was returned for a full refund. For us it probably depends on cost and available time.

I will say I can tell much of the overpriced food without even ordering it. When looking at a menu BEFORE going to the restaurant I know for a fact already paying $40 to eat pancakes will be overpriced on the food front.

Same with looking at a menu and only seeing fruitloops that someone wants to eat for $15.

As far as meals that are basically tiny plates that one can be tricky. I personally haven't run in to small portions at Disney.

I have to butt in and ask why you are being so condescending to the OP. She is simply saying that a $40 stack of pancakes didn't feel worth it. You don't have to agree.

Not sure on the other posters but not accounting for Character costs, trying to talk about value compared to others (and misquoting those prices) and knowing the menu choice before hand with better "value" options available add up to those comments from my view.

I think character meals will always have terrible food value as value has to be placed on the characters. Don't like then then it's an easy pass 180 or whatever days out from even thinking about putting it in the plans.

Personally I make a list for every area of WDW with food options.

I will say I can tell much of the overpriced food without even ordering it. When looking at a menu BEFORE going to the restaurant I know for a fact already paying $40 to eat pancakes will be overpriced on the food front.

Same with looking at a menu and only seeing fruitloops that someone wants to eat for $15.

As far as meals that are basically tiny plates that one can be tricky. I personally haven't run in to small portions at Disney.

Youre absolutely correct. Live and learn. I didnt look at the prices since we were on the DP. Im not even sure there were prices on the menu since everything cost $40. Only noticed when I got the bill and thought YIKES!

Not sure on the other posters but not accounting for Character costs, trying to talk about value compared to others (and misquoting those prices) and knowing the menu choice before hand with better "value" options available add up to those comments from my view.

I think character meals will always have terrible food value as value has to be placed on the characters. Don't like then then it's an easy pass 180 or whatever days out from even thinking about putting it in the plans.

Personally I make a list for every area of WDW with food options.
I guess my point is that in general this thread has a negative vibe, and it's a shame.

I guess my point is that in general this thread has a negative vibe, and it's a shame.

It's how the question was posed that likely hit a chord with some people.

Just saying asking a simple question of least value will likely just get a response but putting out a story has potential of turning some people in to more frank responses.

worst OOP value is Be OUr Guest Breakfast. It is a good value for a QS credit especially if you get a PPO reservation. You can ask for more pastries - i don't like the muffins, but the little chocolate croissants are good.

I find that the Dining plans make the cost of WDW meals more palatable. Except the BOG dinner- no bueno - for me anyway. the food on our visit was not great. We could and SHOULD have said something but it was late and we had 11 people with 4 of those under 6. The gratuity on that meal was alot. But we knew that beforehand.

Now, when we went in April 2019 we paid OOP for all our meals and no dining plan. First time in 10 plus visits with no DP. It was just DH and I. We ate EVERYTHING we wanted and even paid OOP for snack at the Flower & Garden. We paid way less for our meals than if we had gotten the DDP.

I will say that in December we visited Flame Tree BBQ and those pulled pork fried were a SNACK CREDIT and so good. Also, the kids meals at the resorts are great value that anyone can purchase-they even include a small drink like water/milk.

OP, glad you had a great time and I get what you were looking for when you posted.

other bad values for the money: water, bottled/canned beer, and wine by the glass/bottle. I still have to have the wine though ;) Bringing a couple of bottle of my favorite with me this time (in 9 days..)

Because the OP was comparing those $40 pancakes to other breakfasts that she said cost less. I was pointing out that the breakfasts she was comparing to actually cost the same or more than what she stated.

I did not misquote the prices. See post #4. The other poster had the prices of dinner. Im comparing breakfast to breakfasts.

I beg your pardon. The prices I quoted were for BREAKFAST, not dinner. Your prices were low and not correct.

I would send food back if it wasn't what I ordered or if it was cold or something like that. I never send food back because we don't like it. Maybe some love that sandwich. There was nothing really "wrong" with it other than we didn't like it at all.

Not sure when you went but we were there last week and the Beast was the first thing you did when we walked in......no lines......
we went a bit over a year ago Feb 18. I'm not sure what the situation was, it was a while ago, but I think the beast was on break when we were seated.

I would send food back if it wasn't what I ordered or if it was cold or something like that. I never send food back because we don't like it. Maybe some love that sandwich. There was nothing really "wrong" with it other than we didn't like it at all.
For the most part, same here.
We thought the food at BOG dinner wasn't great, IMHO, it wasn't bad, the lamb chops I had were cooked appropriately. Just wasn't tasty and tasted almost like reheated, or speed oven cooked for whatever I spent. My son's meal was fine, Mickey meatloaf, but he was not happy with it at all and wouldn't eat. When the server asked if everything was OK, we said he didn't like it and tried to come up with a substitute, they were nice, and they tried, I forget whether they charged us for 2, I don't think so, I would have been OK either way.

For the Veggie burger, I dont eat those, but if it was completely not what you expected to the point its 1 bite and in the garbage, I'd considered taking it back and state that (nicely) and see what they do as a substitute.

my most frequent take back at a quick service style place is french fries. I can't stand getting them and they're cold. I probably only did it once at disney, but have done it at fast food places by me more frequently.
My feeling is, if its wrong, or not fresh take it back. I worked fast food 25 years ago, but honestly when I was a shift manager, I wasn't pissed if someone brought something back for not being fresh, thats on me, it should be fresh.

it's too bad you're reading our responses as condescending. We were both providing facts. Later readers of this thread might appreciate accurate information. I even said in a later thread (after comparing disneyworld.com's own information to the receipt image she posted) that she might want to consider contacting Disney about the discrepancy. The official website is still showing that adult meals start at $34.99.

It's me that had the dry chicken sandwich and cold fries. If something had an ingredient I was allergic to that I'd asked to be left off and it arrived with that ingredient I'd send it back, but if just cold or ill prepared I have a mental block about sending back food. I'm more likely to eat what I have and be secretly disappointed than I ever am to complain... but part of that is an abusive family when I was younger.

For us this trip was Yak & Yeti........................ugh.......................

The noodle dish was cold, and chewy with little to no flavor and the burger "meat" was good, the rest was a soggy mess and those thin fries were also cold from the start. The hostess was distracted and was the most unfriendly CM we experanced this trip, she should be washing the dishes with that attitude! Server made up for her as she was great, the deserts were rather bland, do they not have ICE in this place as both of our drinks did not have any then on the refill, nada......odd...... VERY typical Laundry's over hyped cafeteria food, WAY over priced and no value, NEVER shall we enter a Laundry's restaurant again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter