Worst Value Meal (Most overpriced)

it's too bad you're reading our responses as condescending. We were both providing facts. Later readers of this thread might appreciate accurate information. I even said in a later thread (after comparing disneyworld.com's own information to the receipt image she posted) that she might want to consider contacting Disney about the discrepancy. The official website is still showing that adult meals start at $34.99.

Where? I don't see a specific price given anywhere for breakfast and the generic ranges of "$$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult) - $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)", which puts an adult entree at anywhere from $15 to $59.99.

OP I get what you were trying to ask. We also won't eat at Trattoria because I think it's a bad value FOR US.

For me the worst has to be BOG breakfast and I've never eaten there. Just looking at the menu and pics I know for me it's the worst value ever. What I've seen them serve and how much it costs is comical to me.

We pay OOP for food and have no issues paying for certain places but some are just a huge no in my book. I know WDW inflates prices but some are just outrageous.

And I've paid OOP for CRT a few times so I'm not "cheap" but I found the value in the castle and the princesses and DD's face (and it was always a dream of mine!).

To each their own!

Value is in the eye of the beholder.....
We ate at polite pig (had the DP for one day because we could not get resort we were staying in for the first night) was it good yes... were the ribs worth 23 if I were paying cash... no.... (I can make many comments as this is 100% DP priced) cash for Disney standards should be in the 16-18 range
are pancakes worth 40... no but the experience may have value?
There are options for both at Disney... Disney has a divide of things that have great value on the DP and 0 value for cash and other things that paying cash for is decent by Disney prices...
seriously 6 bucks for a Disney cupcake yet Sprinkles which is a respected overpriced fresh baked cupcake place charges 5.....

Where? I don't see a specific price given anywhere for breakfast and the generic ranges of "$$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult) - $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)", which puts an adult entree at anywhere from $15 to $59.99.
Reasoning. They serve just breakfast and dinner. Breakfast can only reasonably be expected to be in/at the lowest price range. OP visited during traditionally slower period.

We decided against that specific breakfast because we want more variety when paying that kind of money. I totally understand what you were getting at with this post. Not that you asked, but The Wave breakfast buffet is a perfect blend of price, quality, and variety for us.

Worst value, hmmm. We haven’t been there in ages but can I say CRT? That’s one I wouldn’t recommend unless someone was absolutely dying to get up in the castle.

Also it’s sort of off topic, but maybe not given where the discussion went, it drives me absolutely crazy that Disney will list those generic ranges instead of the actual price. Shouldn’t have to go to third parties for that info!

Yes, they look like Japanese pancakes. I've got recipes, but not had the time to make them - they look yummy.
But seriously - there is NOT enough bacon on that plate to be worth $40 :rotfl2:

The official website is still showing that adult meals start at $34.99.
Key word here - start. Prices may vary depending on season, month and day...
Wow, I’ve never seen a tip line circled before. How rude. That might possibly have a negative effect for the server.
Would have if it had been me. I would have left $2.20, and rounded it up to $130.00.
Then circled THAT, so she'd know it wasn't just poor math skills.

Because the OP was comparing those $40 pancakes to other breakfasts that she said cost less. I was pointing out that the breakfasts she was comparing to actually cost the same or more than what she stated.

I beg your pardon. The prices I quoted were for BREAKFAST, not dinner. Your prices were low and not correct.
We were both providing facts. Later readers of this thread might appreciate accurate information. I even said in a later thread (after comparing disneyworld.com's own information to the receipt image she posted) that she might want to consider contacting Disney about the discrepancy. The official website is still showing that adult meals start at $34.99.

Your info was not correct. I was there a couple of weeks ago and have receipts to show the costs. I showed one for ToF, so your info was not factual, which was pointed out by not only me, but another poster. Highly doubt I was overcharged or undercharged.

I will not be contacting Disney over this. I really couldnt care less.

I used to come on the Dis boards and see new threads and comments every minute, if not more frequent. I will say I only came on at times surrounding my trips, but this past year I couldnt believe the decline in new threads and posts since a couple of years ago. Im beginning to understand why.

Because the OP was comparing those $40 pancakes to other breakfasts that she said cost less. I was pointing out that the breakfasts she was comparing to actually cost the same or more than what she stated.

I beg your pardon. The prices I quoted were for BREAKFAST, not dinner. Your prices were low and not correct.

All of your posts on this thread have had a condescending, rude and surly tone. They are continuing in that vein and quite frankly some of us are tired of the rudeness.

OP - the worst value for me is BOG breakfast.

The prices of character breakfasts are all in a sticky post in the forum. Anyone interested in current prices should consult that sticky, as there has been a lot of bad information in this thread. Prices do vary seasonally but the sticky is usually kept pretty current. Trattoria is a prix fixe, meaning you pay the same price no matter what you order--as is the case at all Disney prix-fixe or buffet meals: you can order mac n cheese at Artist Point, and you can choose to just eat a salad at a buffet, but there are no discounts based on what you choose. I think that is what frustrated so many people here about OPs post: a lot of people depend on these boards for fair and accurate information, and I do not believe OP's post was fair or accurate, either as to the Trattoria breakfast or the prices of other breakfasts OP compared it to. The OP chose to order pancakes without the (very delicious) compote that is central to the dish, even though it is a prix-fixe restaurant, and then stated it was a low value experience; but the low value was the result of the OP's choice, and not about the value of the meal the restaurant offers. And Trattoria's pricing is in line with (or cheaper than) other Disney character breakfasts. Here are the current character breakfast prices per the official sticky on this board:

1900 Park Fare: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $42.60, Child: $25.56

Akershus Princess Storybook: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 06/30/2019 Adult: $55.38, Child: $33.02

Cape May: (incl tax, excl tip) *
b-Minnie. . 07/01/2019 Adult: $40.47, Child: $24.50

Chef Mickey: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $48.99, Child: $29.82

Cinderella Royal Table: (incl tax, incl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $75.39, Child: $44.56

Crystal Palace: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 06/30/2019 Adult: $40.47, Child: $24.50

Garden Grill: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 08/29/2019 Adult: $52.19, Child: $31.95

Hollywood and Vine: (incl tax, excl tip) *

Ohana: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $40.47, Child: $24.50

Tusker House: (incl tax, excl tip) *

The prices of character breakfasts are all in a sticky post in the forum. Anyone interested in current prices should consult that sticky, as there has been a lot of bad information in this thread. Prices do vary seasonally but the sticky is usually kept pretty current. Trattoria is a prix fixe, meaning you pay the same price no matter what you order--as is the case at all Disney prix-fixe or buffet meals: you can order mac n cheese at Artist Point, and you can choose to just eat a salad at a buffet, but there are no discounts based on what you choose. I think that is what frustrated so many people here about OPs post: a lot of people depend on these boards for fair and accurate information, and I do not believe OP's post was fair or accurate, either as to the Trattoria breakfast or the prices of other breakfasts OP compared it to. The OP chose to order pancakes without the (very delicious) compote that is central to the dish, even though it is a prix-fixe restaurant, and then stated it was a low value experience; but the low value was the result of the OP's choice, and not about the value of the meal the restaurant offers. And Trattoria's pricing is in line with (or cheaper than) other Disney character breakfasts. Here are the current character breakfast prices per the official sticky on this board:

1900 Park Fare: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $42.60, Child: $25.56

Akershus Princess Storybook: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 06/30/2019 Adult: $55.38, Child: $33.02

Cape May: (incl tax, excl tip) *
b-Minnie. . 07/01/2019 Adult: $40.47, Child: $24.50

Chef Mickey: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $48.99, Child: $29.82

Cinderella Royal Table: (incl tax, incl tip) *
bfast . . . 07/01/2019 Adult: $75.39, Child: $44.56

Crystal Palace: (incl tax, excl tip) *

Garden Grill: (incl tax, excl tip) *
bfast . . . 08/29/2019 Adult: $52.19, Child: $31.95

Hollywood and Vine: (incl tax, excl tip) *

Ohana: (incl tax, excl tip) *

Tusker House: (incl tax, excl tip) *

I think it’s fair to say that unless you want to order certain meals at any of these types of restaurants the value is low. I don’t think leaving the sauce off a stack of pancakes changed much.

I don’t see anything particularly unfair about OP saying she didn’t find value in her experience there.

I think it’s fair to say that unless you want to order certain meals at any of these types of restaurants the value is low. I don’t think leaving the sauce off a stack of pancakes changed much.

I don’t see anything particularly unfair about OP saying she didn’t find value in her experience there.

Agreed.
Personally, I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill on this thread. I see no attempt to blatantly mislead anyone and assume some are more vested in this thread than others.

Reasoning. They serve just breakfast and dinner. Breakfast can only reasonably be expected to be in/at the lowest price range. OP visited during traditionally slower period.
Because dinner isn't a character meal there, only breakfast is. Look at the menu, dinner entree prices are generally in that lower range, cheaper than breakfast.

All the meals at Disney are overpriced, but we haven't had a bad one, or one we regretted spending money on.

Next time leave the sauce off of pasta and see if it changes much.

We were just there, I wanted to order the pancakes and maybe this is just a product of being a WDW traveler so much, the price is really lost. I usually order what I want to eat and not base it off what I get the most value out of on the menu, but maybe that's me. I ended up getting the calzone though because I hadn't tried it before and I was not sorry for doing so, delicious. We actually enjoyed that meal so much we're on a reservation watch for our next trip because we thought that the one trip was going to be enough to experience it. (it wasn't!)

I am usually really happy with food at Disney, but last month I had a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare which was pretty horrible at any price.

Buffet was crowded, hot food was cold, food was poor quality, selection was limited and floor was filthy.

I usually order what I want to eat and not base it off what I get the most value out of on the menu, but maybe that's me.
The whole thread though is about what a person felt in regards to the money spent to their meal they got.

Hard to describe what one considers value in terms of money spent and what their meal was without discussing the cost..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter