• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would love a DVC, Art of Animation room. Poll

Would you buy or want to stay at a themed DVC resort like the Art of Animation?

• Yes, Would be interested in buying points.

• Yes, but would not purchase but would try to stay using other resort points if I could get a room.

• Not interested.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
After looking at the rooms online at the "Art of Animation" I would really love to have a DVC Resort with themed rooms. Who else would like this for the next DVC (after Poly of course).

Any other ideas for New DVC resorts?

Looks like so far I am the only one that what buy into this. I have never stayed at AOA but have thought of staying a couple nights with the grandchildren. Wondering why so many are not interested.

I'll stay at AoA when I can use my AP discounts there. It'll happen soon enough. My DGD is only 2 1/2. I don't want to stay in the standard room. Sometimes I wonder if the Family Suites had been around for our family of five if I would have bought DVC !?!

After looking at the rooms online at the "Art of Animation" I would really love to have a DVC Resort with themed rooms. Who else would like this for the next DVC (after Poly of course). Any other ideas for New DVC resorts?

I would for sure. We're actually doing 3 nights at the beginning of our next trip there so my boys can enjoy the Cars section. They also love Nemo so I think they'll love it.

I have no desire to stay in a cartoon themed room.

If I was interested in that kind of theme then I would just stay at that resort….I don't see the need to repeat the same theme at another resort….

No way, I do not like the look of AoA at all, why would I want to pay a premium for deluxe accommodation and then stay in a value??

I respond to the question to mean having a room themed DVC resort (as mentioned in the second post, not the first) - and not to have a AoA be a DVC resort.

I think something like that could be a fun addition to DVC - especially for families. As was mentioned a Castle theme or something like they have for suites at the DLH - with

The Pirate suite:

PiratesSuite-livingroom.jpg

The Fairy Tale suite:

FairyTaleSuite-bedroom2.jpg

The Adventureland suite:

AdventurelandSuite-livingroom.jpg

The Big Thunder Suite:

BigThunderSuite-dining.jpg

The Mickey Mouse Penthouse:

MMpenthouselivingroom.jpg

Actually - in looking at these I might change my vote from wouldn't buy but interested in staying to even considering buying. Here's a link to the post showing a few more pictures of the themed suites:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42675717&postcount=5

I have visited AoA and eaten at the food court, but if would not be interested in staying there. I do think it is cute and well themed.

I respond to the question to mean having a room themed DVC resort (as mentioned in the second post, not the first) - and not to have a AoA be a DVC resort.

I think something like that could be a fun addition to DVC - especially for families. As was mentioned a Castle theme or something like they have for suites at the DLH - with
...Actually - in looking at these I might change my vote from wouldn't buy but interested in staying to even considering buying. Here's a link to the post showing a few more pictures of the themed suites:

But when they have to glue down the magnifying glass, the orange, etc to keep guests from stealing them...

We don't have placemats and pot holders anymore because some guests thought they would look nice in their home.

But when they have to glue down the magnifying glass, the orange, etc to keep guests from stealing them...

We don't have placemats and pot holders anymore because some guests thought they would look nice in their home.

haha - that did cross my mind when looking at those rooms and I realize they'd have to be a bit pared down on the accessories. A few could certainly be glued and bolted down though or tracking devices installed in them. RFID and tracking does seem to be all the rage at WDW these days. :laughing:

We had a couple of major discussion on this board back during the time the buildings were empty that are now AoA. There was speculation (not to the level of rumor) that DVC might go in those buildings. There was never any indication from DVC that this was possible I don't believe. The general consensus seemed to be that most were not interested, that it'd cheapen DVC and wasn't really workable as a full part of DVC but might be as a stand alone option IIRC.

A couple of related threads.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2802948&highlight=value+dvc+pop+century
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2303650&highlight=value+dvc+pop+century
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2129775&highlight=value+dvc+pop+century
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1966038&highlight=value+dvc+pop+century

Note, I did not review the thread's, only the title and first 1 or 2 posts.

The Pirate suite:

PiratesSuite-livingroom.jpg

The Fairy Tale suite:

FairyTaleSuite-bedroom2.jpg

The Adventureland suite:

AdventurelandSuite-livingroom.jpg

The Big Thunder Suite:

BigThunderSuite-dining.jpg

The Mickey Mouse Penthouse:

MMpenthouselivingroom.jpg

Actually - in looking at these I might change my vote from wouldn't buy but interested in staying to even considering buying. Here's a link to the post showing a few more pictures of the themed suites:
Okay, so if THAT is what was meant...Sure a theme suite resort might be fun for DVC, but I don't want it at AOA.

We recently stayed two nights in a Cars family suite. Rack rate...ouch...really appreciated DVC after paying that bill. I thought the Cars section was really well done and I'm glad we stayed there once. We won't stay there again unless it is with a nice discount. My youngest is 8 and was a big Cars fan a few years ago, but even my 11 and 13 year old thought it was a neat place to stay. I would personally not be interested in a 50 year commitment with the kind of theming, though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We stayed in a cars themed suite in October 2013 for 2 nights before our week at BLT. While the boys (12, 10) liked the cars theme, none of us want to stay there again. The food court was a complete zoo. We have been spoiled by the quiet reprieve the dvc resorts offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter