Would you get a MB+?

You don't need to take them out of the pocket to scan them. I used them in the shops, for our room, for bars, getting on and off ship without taking it out of the lanyard.

You used only to need that, but several years ago, they added a Bahamian checkpoint before getting back on the ship, so you need ID now. Whether anyone checks it or not is another question. They didn't check our ID when getting back into the port to reboard our ship in Cozumel two weeks ago or the Bahamas a few months ago, just the keycard. But it may depend on who is doing the checking.
Yeah, photo ID checking at ports is hit or miss. I just did a Panama Canal cruise: we stopped at Cartagena, Puntarenas, Huatulco, and Puerto Vallarta. IIRC, only Puntarenas asked to see ID when returning to the ship.

Yes, we love them. I HATE chasing my kids lanyards around all day. The bands were amazing for us but we also use them at the parks so we didn't just buy them for this cruise only.

My kids they stay on and are super convienent. Then their cards stayed in my wallet with passports. Worked really well for us.

What is difference between Magic Band + and DisneyBand? Will DB work at Parks (for future trips)?
And for those who wear Apple Watches… I wear mine constantly at home but figured since I wouldn’t be getting a lot of text messages I would just not wear?

What is difference between Magic Band + and DisneyBand? Will DB work at Parks (for future trips)?
They’re the same thing. I’ve read here that there’s already a non-Disney MB+ in Europe so Disney had to change the name.
And for those who wear Apple Watches… I wear mine constantly at home but figured since I wouldn’t be getting a lot of text messages I would just not wear?
I’ve worn a watch since I was 9 or 10 years old, so I can’t imagine not wearing my Apple Watch even if not getting texts. On our cruise I used the calendar function to keep track of show times, etc.

My son and I bought MB+ for our first WDW trip last year. I unfortunately lost mine on our recent Disneyland trip, so debating whether I want to replace it for our upcoming cruise.

On DCL you can use them when taking photos with the ship photographers?

It's a trademark thing. There is a British band called the Magic Band, so Disney can't trademark "Magicband" in Europe. At some point, I suspect Disney will migrate to DisneyBand in the U.S.

Do you have to carry your ID on the ship to buy alcohol? Or does the KTTW show that you are 21+?

No, money making gimmick. Maybe down the line it will have more unique features. But then you'll need to buy a new one because the old one won't update to the new features. We've already seen that from the first ones made. I wouldn't count on these lasting forever either.
If you get tired of wearing a lanyard around your neck put it through a belt loop or around the string or shoulder strap. Put it in a card holder attached to your phone. Get creative and save the money. Just how I look at it...

I’m thinking the lights etc might be fun…the whole vacation is a fun, unnecessary life expense so maybe the DB just adds to it!

I'm kind of over the magic bands getting more and more expensive. I wish they were still simple and free when going to WDW. We are sailing on the Fantasy in June and going to WDW for a few days before. I was planning to bring our old MBs (not plus) with us and just use the lanyards on the ship. But since we can use them on the Fantasy I'm wondering if we should purchase MB+. If you've used them on the ships - what were your thoughts? Can you make purchases, open the stateroom doors, etc.?
I enjoyed using it on the ship if for no other reason than being able to go to the pool, Aquaduck, etc. and not be worried that my lanyard’s going to get stolen or blow away or otherwise be lost.

I really liked my MB in the parks, especially for Fastpass (back when that was free...). We haven't been to the US parks since MB+ came out, but we're considering adding a few WDW days to our 2025 cruise - if we do that, I'd probably get the MB+ to cover both parts of the trip. If not, I think we'd probably stick with the KTTW card.

Princess gives you their version of MB+ for free and it can do a lot more than what Disney offers. So I refuse to buy one from DCL
The MB is just another way for the rodent to get more money out of you. We are going to use our kttw card, even though it is soooo heavy.
lol.

We have several cruises planned in the next 18 months and asked for some MB+ for Christmas. We likely wouldn't have purchased, but it seemed like a fun thing to have on our list. DH is looking forward to having it as opposed to his lanyard - he often is wearing athletic shorts which may or may not have pockets and doesn't carry his wallet around anyway. We don't do a lot of miscellaneous spending, so it will primarily be for door opening, but it seems like a nice convenience.
I don't mind the lanyard, but it will be nice on the windy days to not have it blowing around. And if we remember to charge, the lights during shows could be fun.
Overall - probably not worth it, but we're happy to have them. I guess we can report back after May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter