Would you post in True Name?

Does anonymity contribute to abusive posts?

• I would post in true name, and I think it might help improve civility.

• I would post in true name, but I don't think it'll help.

• I would NOT post in true name, but I think it might help improve civility.

• I would NOT post in true name, and I don't think it will help.

• I have another perspective, and it's in my post to this thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.
<-----------------Shameless name poster. Picture poster, too. Even really BAD music video poster. Lots of people know who I am. Scary.

Unless you are "hiding" behind your signature or pen name, I don't think it should bother you to use a real name.

Strongly disagree. I have nothing to hide but considering how much personal info I give away like location and view(not so many places got this particular view), combined with last name can cause some problems. You never know who is reading this and you do not want crazy visitors or someone to clean your house while you are on vacation. This info cannot be found at phone book. As for other sires, my DD uses only first name(real), her school friends do the same. They know each others full name but those people who they talk to online, have no business in that. There is a lot of crazy and dangerous people out there.

Yep...loud and proud in my sig, for those who can see it...and in my profile too. And pretty much anywhere I link - my photo gallery and other message boards. Not judging anyone who doesn't - to each their own. I don't have any personal problem with using my name, so I do. I do tend to stick with the policy of speaking on the internet as I would in person (attempting to do so with grammatical correctness and no abbreviations); anything that would get me in trouble online would get me in trouble in real life too - and since I try not to get into trouble if at all possible in real life, I similarly attempt not to online! But I have an opinion, voice it as long as it doesn't universally offend, and am fine with folks knowing me for me. As for travel plans and security and such...not an issue for me - I have good security and good neighbors and family nearby to keep an eye on things, when I'm not doing so myself remotely! :) And as a large, tall male, it's not as much of a worry as it might be for some others if someone is rude, nasty, creepy, or stalky with them. I don't do anything to prod someone exhibiting that behavior towards me...I just back away and ignore it. If I were a single small female, I might have a completely different perspective on that type of internet behavior - and justifiably so.

I'm really not anonymous on any forum that I post. So I always make sure that what I post on the internet is the same as what I would say to someone's face. It's best to be civil, even with people who disagree with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter