Would you purchase Galactic Starcruiser if it was DVC?

I know I’m dreaming, but I would.
If I had the money, then 1,000,000%, yes! Of course I just bought VDH last week, so I don't have the money. I wouldn't be opposed to robbing a back though.

Personally, I think they just need to make it a regular hotel. All they need to do is add a bus area & a pool. They could do an indoor pool with screens showing stars & planets, so you're swimming in space. It would be absolutely amazing.

I truly think allowing people to book as normal & pick how many nights they want to stay/pay for would make a huge difference in occupancy levels. Unfortunately, we'd have to sacrifice the storyline/role playing aspect, but it would still be a very cool hotel to stay at.

Shout out to Lt. Croy!!!

If I had unlimited money… sure. But there are only 100 rooms. Can’t imagine the cost on that. (For comparison, that’s a third of all the rooms at Riviera.)

In abstract if money were no objection? Yes! I'd love to add a couple of days of immersive role-playing every time I go to Orlando.
But it would be too expensive to buy direct, maintenance fees would be outrageous and points charts would make my eyes bleed. So practically, I don't think it would be feasible.
The idea was brilliant, but even as it was, for a cash stay for a once in a lifetime experience, it was too expensive for me. I don't think I'd be able to afford it as a every other year vacation.

As the current version with the show and the building and grounds = Hard no.

A Star Wars themed DVC resort with the all the usual amenities (restaurants, store, pools etc) would be MUCH more enticing... and I would need a micro contract as sadly I likely would not be able to afford more than 15 points at what I expect they would cost

A Star Wars themed DVC resort with the all the usual amenities (restaurants, store, pools etc) would be MUCH more enticing... and I would need a micro contract as sadly I likely would not be able to afford more than 15 points at what I expect they would cost

Absolutely. Think lush grounds themed to resemble the Star Wars planets. A huge outdoor pool where you climb up to a model Death Star to reach the top of the slide. A much bigger version of the Cantina that is not just a bar but a full-service restaurant. The best-loved characters wandering around without the obsessive worrying about whether or not characters from different eras should be seen together. And no focus on the role-playing that proved to be nowhere near as popular among prospective guests as Disney expected.

No. This fees like a once-every-many-years thing, and DVC ownership makes more sense for every other year, at least.

I was thinking about investing a penny and letting the interest on it grow it to the fantastic price required to dine at the Restaurant at the end of the Universe. Oh, darn...that was another space opera and not Star Wars.

I'm a little confused with the question. Do you mean purchase the Starcruiser as it was previously presented with equity actors, drink/food, guided activities wholly included and scheduled? That doesn't sound like a DVC product. Just the skeleton of the building, with additional options to purchase food/drink and community spaces with occasional activities, sounds closer to a DVC product. I'm not sure if the hypothetical assumed traditional DVC product, or creating something "from another galaxy" of offerings.

If you meant would I buy into the starcruiser as a room only option, perhaps part of a greater use trust, then yes, I actually would strongly consider it. But I also attend conventions that sometimes span (or simply are) hotels as part of the fan social experience. So, I would look at the Starcruiser as a type of ever-running convention, where folks come to enjoy their fandom. I could also envision wholly booking the small 100 rooms for "takeovers" with different fan clubs. The DVC product can allow members to pool points such that a vacation can be taken every three years, which would be easier for fan clubs to arrange for mini-conventions, though 100 rooms is a very small number for some of these clubs.

All that said, the realities of having the staff parking lot as the DVC lot is problematic. The lack of direct park access isn't so much an issue. Many of other DVC resorts require intermediate transit to get to a park. (DL, OWK, SS, RIV, BR/CC) I would love to see the Starcruiser live on in some form, mainly because of my attachment to the franchise, but I would be happy if it transformed to a hybrid fandom location. I could easily see the hotel transform into Asgaard or Wakanda based location. There's architectural aesthetics that could work well for both with some soft good and language-font adjustments.

And, ya know, windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter