Would you purchase Galactic Starcruiser if it was DVC?

Absolutely not. Zero desire to sleep in a windowless closet. It'd be like an interior cabin on a cruise ship, except instead of it being the cheapest cabin, it's the ONLY cabin, and twice the price of any other ship's balcony option.

My mom would buy in so fast it would make your head spin! I wouldn’t even know until I got the paperwork to sign. Heck, she probably woudn’t even ask how much it would cost before signing.

Immersive role-playing? LOL.......no.

Its not even immersive since you have a group of 20-30 people helping Chewy escape.

Like if it was actually immersive I might have been more interested. If it was actually immersive it means you could also act like a normal tourist, show up, stay, and go home without ever being part of some story.

Instead they did a choose your storyline type of experience that I had books of when I was like 8.

I love the franchise but the rooms there are so small, like really really small, two nights was more than enough in that small space with the kiddo!

We bought DVC because we like the kitchen, extra space, laundry etc etc. It would be tough to make it fit a DVC like footprint without just gutting it and redoing the entire thing plus adding on probably. With the current room set up, it would probably only appeal to really hard core fans and I think we know how that story ends.

I think it would be best as a regular hotel if they added on a few amenities (pool, restaurant, windows), or a complete redo of some other franchise/experience.

Absolutely! If they can have droids (SK - I’m looking at you!) bringing my drinks and add pools/hot tub, we are in! You had me at Galactic Starcruiser.

With the high maintenance fees of the cabins, I just realized that maintenance fees for only 100 rooms is also going to be very high. It would need to share a resort area with another building to redistribute fees across a larger pool.

With the number of actors/cast members required, the dues would be eye-watering. And wasn't this more a once (maybe twice) in your lifetime experience than something you'd do every (other) year?

Not a chance. That looked like more of a one and done thing and the dues would be so high that you wouldn't want to use the points elsewhere.

Among the many hurdles, transportation seems crucial. Unique transport to and from Galaxy's Edge could be super cool and convenient. Everywhere else seems problematic though. Busses and guest parking? How could that work?

I wasn't even thinking there would be any equity actors involved in a DVC property. Just cast members for the restaurant service (a la carte menu) and limited saber/bridge activities (reserved experiences at extra cost). Otherwise, the rooms (saber, garden, engineering, bridge) would be open during defined hours with a cast member as a specially titled room monitor. That's my "magic 8 ball" $0.02. :duck:

Among the many hurdles, transportation seems crucial. Unique transport to and from Galaxy's Edge could be super cool and convenient. Everywhere else seems problematic though. Busses and guest parking? How could that work?

By extending HS with a line of stores terminating in a gate (like the international gate at EPCOT), you'd have direct access to galactic Starcruiser. Take a look at a map. It isn't that far. On the other side of the resort, they could put buses to go elsewhere (and no one complains at any other DVC property about how the buses aren't themed to the property).

I agree that the possibility of this becoming a DVC resort in its present form is virtually impossible. The cost to maintain a 100 room hotel would mean super high maintenance fees. While it might be cool as a DVC resort, I don't see very many people wanting to buy there as a home resort with high maintenance fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter