Wow! A real money grab in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

happily single

Left foot first!
Admittedly I've never really paid much attention to the dessert parties, but a notification in the little box to the right of my screen here caught my attention. Basically the Spooky Dessert Party is returning on the nights of the Halloween Party.

So, you have to pay a fee to attend the Halloween Party, then if you attend the Dessert Party, pay an additional $99 per person, for some desserts/drinks? I get that there is a special place to view the fireworks, but isn't part of the allure of the Halloween party low crowds? That will definitely be an expensive night for a family of four!

Admittedly I've never really paid much attention to the dessert parties, but a notification in the little box to the right of my screen here caught my attention. Basically the Spooky Dessert Party is returning on the nights of the Halloween Party.

So, you have to pay a fee to attend the Halloween Party, then if you attend the Dessert Party, pay an additional $99 per person, for some desserts/drinks? I get that there is a special place to view the fireworks, but isn't part of the allure of the Halloween party low crowds? That will definitely be an expensive night for a family of four!
The parties do not have low crowd. They aren't like After Hours events.

Yup, one reason we enjoyed the MNSSHP was a bit less of a crowd than we'd experienced at MVMCPs.

Still plenty crowded at both, leading us to roam about on the fringes of MK until after the first parade when most families with young kids head for their resort.

You can sometimes walk right onto the most popular rides before the fireworks with that strategy, though hardly Tron, of course. Hello, back-to-back HM!

Never have done a dessert party. Don't need that much dessert anymore.

Not all that different from paying for it on a regular park day, with no parties. Still need to buy a ticket to get in. People pay, so Disney offers it! There are lower crowds at the parties, however it is still very crowded for the fireworks. People with younger kids tend to leave after the fireworks are over, then it's a noticeably lower crowd level. It's an option, and some people want it.

How is this any different than any other dessert party?

How is this any different than any other dessert party?
Because you are buying a ticket to the halloween party, which only gets you entry to MK at 4ish; If you had a regular park ticket you can get there at opening, which is about 9am.

It's all optional. No one is forcing anyone to attend a dessert party and it isn't required to see the fireworks. We did a dessert party at MVMCP one year and found, for our family, it wasn't needed. Parties do have low enough crowds, IMHO, that you can get a good view in the hub without feeling cramped or having to wait for a very long time. Some people like to "plus" their experiences, but, again, no one is forcing anyone to book these events.

Because you are buying a ticket to the halloween party, which only gets you entry to MK at 4ish; If you had a regular park ticket you can get there at opening, which is about 9am.
You have to leave by 6pm, so 9 hours. For the parties, you get 8 hours, not much of a difference. And because of the lower crowds and increased benefits, it might be a better value (ticket).

Dessert parties are NEVER worth it. There is no way in hell anyone is eating $99 per person in dessert. And don't try to give me this garbage about the reserved seating for fireworks. Thousands of people watch fireworks from all around the park every single night, and there is no obstructed view overhead. Not. Worth. It.

You have to leave by 6pm, so 9 hours. For the parties, you get 8 hours, not much of a difference. And because of the lower crowds and increased benefits, it might be a better value (ticket).
I absolutely love walking into the Christmas party every year and seeing the massive line of angry guests at Town Hall asking why they have to leave the park at 6pm. The moose out front shoulda told ya.

Last edited:
Does this include the parade viewing? In the past the dessert parties did but if I'm remembering correctly they took that out.

Does this include the parade viewing? In the past the dessert parties did but if I'm remembering correctly they took that out.
I don't remember the parade viewing ever being part of the dessert party. You are usually having the desserts during the parade I think. Parade viewing was part of an event they used to have at Tony's.

Dessert parties are NEVER worth it. There is no way in hell anyone is eating $99 per person in dessert. And don't try to give me this garbage about the reserved seating for fireworks. Thousands of people watch fireworks from all around the park every single night, and there is no obstructed view overhead. Not. Worth. It.
My family loved the Happily Ever After dessert party a few years ago and will definitely plan to do another dessert party in the future. Like pretty much everything else about planning a vacation, it all comes down to personal priorities and values in terms of time and money and experience, and so for some people it is worth it. ☺️

Unfortunately, no. They ended that a few years ago - I remember one year they included the parade when they first released the parties and it ended up being a typo - they honored the parade viewing for anyone who booked while the typo was still online (we were included in that!) - it was pretty incredible. At this point, there are no parties that include parade viewing.

Dessert parties are worth it to people, obviously, or people wouldn't be paying for the option.

Not sure how something 100% voluntary as an add on to an experience is a money grab for an organization with the goal of generating profit.
Exactly! Disney is a business created to make money, afterall! Need to get the stock price back up somehow! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter