Wow! we could've used that...

My mom brought along the spray sunscreen and it was more expensive but it worked out great when I wanted to reapply sunscreen. I just pulled it out and sprayed as the kids walked and they did not complain. So next year I am packing the spray sunscreen.

The benefits to bringing glow "stuff" (i.e., bracelets, spinners, sticks, and necklaces) is that you won't have to buy them from Disney for the night shows and/or parades--you will save a lot of money if you bring them from home. :thumbsup2

vonderbar said:
I must have missed original thread. What is the benefit of the glow bracelet? Is this just a child's thing?

Just fun to wear/have. Kids love them, but I wore a glow bracelet too. Other kids will have them as they sell them (for a lot more) at WDW. Bring your own and your kiddies will be happy and it will cost you less $$$.

I read this whole thread and not once did someone mention earplugs. I wish I could sleep without them in Disney, but my roomate usually keeps me awake snoring, breathing or generally existing. I am a wicked light sleeper. They don't sell earplugs anywhere in the world and I didn't have a car. I rearranged my head and put on my Noise reduction stereo headphones. That kind of hurt, but I did get to sleep. My suggestion would be a pair of cheap flip flops for everyone even if they never wear them at home
When it's raining and your sneakers are soaked you'll love to wear a pair. Or if your an idiot with a broken toe (me) and think you'll be fine, flipflops will make you happier than money.

OT: I was looking to see where you were from. Judging by the expression I thought Rhode Island, but I saw Boston. I had a roomate in college that used to say that things were "wicked awesome" and "wicked cool". Is that a common expression?

Love2BinDisney said:
OT: I was looking to see where you were from. Judging by the expression I thought Rhode Island, but I saw Boston. I had a roomate in college that used to say that things were "wicked awesome" and "wicked cool". Is that a common expression?

Sorry... off topic...If you ever watch the show Treasure Hunters there is a group of 3 guys from South Boston (nicknamed "the southies") and you will hear ALOT of "wickeds" in their sentences!!
Too funny..never thought about it..every day occurance around here :teeth:

If you want to spread some pixie dust, glow bracelets/necklaces are a great way!! Bring extra from home and hand them out to little kids who might be getting restless at night while waiting for parades/fireworks. It's amazing how happy a glow bracelet might make a fussy little one!

Last time we were at Disney (2001) my DD3 just had to have a Pooh spinner...I think it was at least $15. This time she can have all the glow bracelets/necklaces she wants instead. Plus, it's always easier to keep an eye on the little ones in the dark when they are tagged with glow jewlery! :thumbsup2

KimberlyC said:
Glow sticks and bracelets are great, just don't let the kids over-click them. My DNiece did this and hers broke. Not only did she stain her skirt (I got it off) but she got it on her lip and it was burning her. I tried cold water, neosporin, etc but we still had to make a trip to MK first aid and she said the nurses stuff made it burn worse. More neosporin and she eventually stopped complaining. Lesson learned.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to your niece! Not sure what brand you had or where you bought them from, but we buy the 'Merry Art Glow Sticks' 100 in a tube, multi colored w/ connector joints. 1 will make a bracelet or put 2/3 together to make a necklace, the kids love them! We take them out to camp or Disney and give them out to other kids before fireworks (with parents permission, no one has ever turned them down). They are NON-Toxic and I have seen some break on occasion (maybe 1 out of 100), in fact just last week, my 7 yr. old had one leak. She got it on her hands, neck and clothes. She laughed because she 'glowed'! I took her right in and the fluid wiped of with a paper towel. I didn't use water, even on her clothes, it wiped right off. She had no reaction what so ever! I have also seen a few leak at our youth summer camp with the same results. We had to stop some of the kids from breaking them on purpose because they thought it was cool. No reactions, skin irritations or stains. Could have been the brand?...I don't know, but we have been doing this for years and have never had any problems! Now, I will say I wouldn't recommend trying to break them. Check the lable on the ones you buy to be sure they are not poisonous or toxic and you should be fine. :thumbsup2

Gabkatt said:
I'm sorry to hear that happened to your niece! Not sure what brand you had or where you bought them from, but we buy the 'Merry Art Glow Sticks' 100 in a tube, multi colored w/ connector joints. 1 will make a bracelet or put 2/3 together to make a necklace, the kids love them! We take them out to camp or Disney and give them out to other kids before fireworks (with parents permission, no one has ever turned them down). They are NON-Toxic and I have seen some break on occasion (maybe 1 out of 100), in fact just last week, my 7 yr. old had one leak. She got it on her hands, neck and clothes. She laughed because she 'glowed'! I took her right in and the fluid wiped of with a paper towel. I didn't use water, even on her clothes, it wiped right off. She had no reaction what so ever! I have also seen a few leak at our youth summer camp with the same results. We had to stop some of the kids from breaking them on purpose because they thought it was cool. No reactions, skin irritations or stains. Could have been the brand?...I don't know, but we have been doing this for years and have never had any problems! Now, I will say I wouldn't recommend trying to break them. Check the lable on the ones you buy to be sure they are not poisonous or toxic and you should be fine. :thumbsup2

I don't know which brand but they were the non-toxic kind. I bought some at the dollar store and some at Walmart. She may have been being melodramatic but I doubt she would have wanted to trek all the way to first aid unless it was burning her. I've never had a problem before and I buy them every Halloween. If used properly and not over-clicked, it shouldn't be a problem.

Costumesaremylife said:
I read this whole thread and not once did someone mention earplugs. I wish I could sleep without them in Disney, but my roomate usually keeps me awake snoring, breathing or generally existing. I am a wicked light sleeper. They don't sell earplugs anywhere in the world and I didn't have a car. I rearranged my head and put on my Noise reduction stereo headphones. That kind of hurt, but I did get to sleep. My suggestion would be a pair of cheap flip flops for everyone even if they never wear them at home

I bring earplugs too but never thought to mention them. I use them because DH snores. I guess I just considered them to be personal items, kind of like hairspray, that you either use or don't. Since I have to use them at home I bring them with me, always- can't sleep without them. I think they are only necessary if you travel with someone who snores or otherwise keeps you up. So most people who are accostomed to their travel companion would know if they need them or not and if not, it is one less thing to buy and pack. I've never been otherwise disturbed by noise at a WDW hotel. Now on a cruise, because of ship noises, they may be good for people who don't otherwise use them.

I get cheap hand towels at the $ store and we keep them in a ziploc bag, get them wet and put around your neck when you are standing in line, feels wonderful! :cheer2:

Love2BinDisney said:
It's about as common as a cold! :rotfl:

KimberlyC said:
I don't know which brand but they were the non-toxic kind. I bought some at the dollar store and some at Walmart. She may have been being melodramatic but I doubt she would have wanted to trek all the way to first aid unless it was burning her. I've never had a problem before and I buy them every Halloween. If used properly and not over-clicked, it shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with you. I have to wonder if some people are just allergic to the fluid in them? Good post!

Gabkatt said:

Gabkat, Thank you for the information. Where can I find this brand. Do you remember where you purchase them? A 100 in a tube sounds wonderful. How much do they cost? If you remember.

We are going during the holidays this year. For the first time :bounce: We just found out our children are coming along with our two grandkids. Ages 4 and 1 1/2. I think I will get some of these for those boreing moments to keep them entertained.

Thank you in advance.

Angel16 said:
Gabkat, Thank you for the information. Where can I find this brand. Do you remember where you purchase them? A 100 in a tube sounds wonderful. How much do they cost? If you remember.

We are going during the holidays this year. For the first time :bounce: We just found out our children are coming along with our two grandkids. Ages 4 and 1 1/2. I think I will get some of these for those boreing moments to keep them entertained.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Angel16, We have a local craft store called 'Pat Catan's', you'll have to check and see if they are in your area or check with other craft stores. It only cost $6 and some change. You can't beat the price! I have several tubes, I'm looking at one now. There is a website on the package www.darice.com out of Ohio. Do a search for 'Glow' and it will give you the info & item #. You can probably then call them and ask for a local vender or maybe even just order a case. If you have any problems, just send me a private message and I could send you a tube! :cool1:

I wanted to chime in regarding the Diva Cup, Instead Cup, The Keeper, etc.

I've had The Keeper for 4 years now. I LOVE it.

As for cleaning/removing it. I only do it every few bathrooms trips, NOT eveytime. And I would think Disney would have FAMILY restrooms if you needed the privacy.

Again, it's never been an issue while out and about. I HIGHLY recommend it. (not that the recommendation of a 'newbie' would go far)

Michelle

Gabkatt said:
Hey Angel16, We have a local craft store called 'Pat Catan's', you'll have to check and see if they are in your area or check with other craft stores. It only cost $6 and some change. You can't beat the price! I have several tubes, I'm looking at one now. There is a website on the package www.darice.com out of Ohio. Do a search for 'Glow' and it will give you the info & item #. You can probably then call them and ask for a local vender or maybe even just order a case. If you have any problems, just send me a private message and I could send you a tube! :cool1:

Hi Gabkatt, Thank you for the information. I checked the Darice site, really looks interesting. I even put in my favorites for future viewing. We do not have a Pat Catan's store here, darn. They look really great from their site. I will check 'Michaels' this weekend and see if I can find this brand. We also have a couple of party stores here in town. Thank you for your kindness. I let you know what I find. :thumbsup2

CathrynRose said:
DivaCup?

Anyone ever try that "Instead" cup thing? I hated it ... leaked and was a mess!

Can anyone compare the DivaCup to Instead? Is it any better?

QUOTE]

I just tried it last night and again today. Major leakage both times. Gross visual, but I can't help but think my fingers just aren't long enough. :p Maybe I need a basketball player to come help me out! :rotfl2:
Now I'm back to old faithful. I too was wondering if the Diva cup is any better.

Angel16 said:
Hi Gabkatt, Thank you for the information. I checked the Darice site, really looks interesting. I even put in my favorites for future viewing. We do not have a Pat Catan's store here, darn. They look really great from their site. I will check 'Michaels' this weekend and see if I can find this brand. We also have a couple of party stores here in town. Thank you for your kindness. I let you know what I find. :thumbsup2

I never thought of looking in a party store, sounds promising! Let me know, good luck! :sunny:

ruadisneyfan2 said:
CathrynRose said:

I just tried it last night and again today. Major leakage both times. Gross visual, but I can't help but think my fingers just aren't long enough. :p Maybe I need a basketball player to come help me out! :rotfl2:
Now I'm back to old faithful. I too was wondering if the Diva cup is any better.

OK I assume you squeeze it going in, release all at once to create a suction. Then give it a turn will help seal it off good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter