Wow! we could've used that...

jonestavern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Inspired by mommyoeo's thread of what did you pack that turned out to be a waste
I'm asking:
What did you wished you'd brought along?

I'll begin with:
last week for HHI we could have really used Saran wrap on a few occassions. brought the Ziplocks, but they can't fit over the salad & mixing bowls
I also forgot my new over the shoulder travel purse, so had to lug the very unlovely, winter brown bag :teeth:
I am nothing if not a fashion maven :rotfl2:

So what 3 items--other than the obvious clothes-- will be on your 'must bring' list?

Jean

This is probably so dumb, but the last 2 times we've gone, my kids had seen those fan misters that I kept refusing to buy down there because they were so much $$ and I knew that local Walmart sold them for $5.......everytime I would tell the kids "no"......they would look at me like I was denying them food for the day!! Not this year!!!! I already have fan misters packed!! IF they complain that the Disney logo isnt on them, I'll slap a sticker on it,lolol :rotfl2:

Cold medicine! almost every time we fly, someone gets a cold. Then we spend time trying to find a pharmacy or paying ridiculous prices at hotel gift shops.

Earplanes for the kids!!

I looked all around the airports when I realized we needed them and couldn't find them anywhere! Next time I'll bring them and we probably won't need them. :rotfl:

These are great "tips" from you all. Keep them coming Please. :sunny:

I am a big list maker and overpacker but, I have got to get better on not taking everything but the kitchen sink. :rotfl2:

Our 1st time in a DVC w/full kitchen we sure could've used cooking spray & scrubbies. Now I pack or pick up the cooking spray & pack those little SOS pads

Of course, we could always use more $$$! :woohoo:

Jean

On our last trip to WDW (Thanksgiving '05) my hubby went into the Target store in my parents town (Vero Beach) before we made trip up to WDW. He bought rain poncho for $4.99 each. Nice bright blue for adults and bright yellow for the kids. They sure came in handy when it poured in MK. What a sweet guy :love: I guess I'll keep him :cloud9:

Jerseygirl63 said:
On our last trip to WDW (Thanksgiving '05) my hubby went into the Target store in my parents town (Vero Beach) before we made trip up to WDW. He bought rain poncho for $4.99 each. Nice bright blue for adults and bright yellow for the kids. They sure came in handy when it poured in MK. What a sweet guy :love: I guess I'll keep him :cloud9:

I second the poncho idea, but I buy the cheap 79-cent ones in the camping section at Target. They're pretty much "disposable", and I learned to always have one with me after experiencing Hurricane Wilma last fall. The night before the hurricane officially hit, we were caught in a huge deluge. I couldn't believe how hard it was raining!!

They are very compact (tuck into a pocket, fanny pack, or purse very easily). When you're done with them, you can throw them away. It's much easier to do that than to try to fold down a "used" poncho to be used again. The cheap ponchos covered just as well as the expensive Disney ponchos my travel-buddies had to buy for $7 or $8 bucks each (because they didn't think ahead!), and I just tossed mine away when I was done!

I bring three or four per person, knowing that I plan to throw them away when I'm done wearing one.

For our upcoming trip, I have bought rain pounchos in a 2-pack at the dollar store, a mister fan a Walmart ($5.00), a light-up mini fan (only $1.50 at Target on clearance after X-mas) and disposable cameras for $1.00. I feel like such a cheapskate.

I always pack Palmolive dish-wipes... great for washing out the resort mugs and water bottles. Carabiners... we always need one for something, like attaching Pal Mickey or a water bottle to a backpack etc. Safety pins, Ziploc bags in different sizes, a pair of scissors, extra sunglasses!!! (trust me, Disney lost and found is not fun to deal with in the middle of the day at a park). That is most of the odd ball stuff.

jonestavern said:
Our 1st time in a DVC w/full kitchen we sure could've used cooking spray & scrubbies. Now I pack or pick up the cooking spray & pack those little SOS pads

Aha...you were the one who scratched up my non-stick cookware! pirate:

For the villa:
1) Good knives...never trust knives thousands of people use to be sharp.
2) Mechanized Citrus Juicer....when in Florida, why by carton containers of OJ?
3) Spices/nonperishable dry goods/laundry consumables.

For the trip in general:
1) A baseball cap for wifey-poo because she'll steal mine eventually
2) A book I've not started reading yet.
3) Basin salt/sugar scrub for rubbing her feet...buy more as needed.

-Joe

We ALWAYS pack the .99 cent cheapo ponchos for Animal Kingdom for Kali river rapids... (seems we are always the one going down hill backwards!! splash!! :guilty: ) ha ha... So we get the ponchos and when we get off the ride we take them off and give them to anyone in line that wants them.. We just ask them to pass them along to others :grouphug:

Body glide, cold meds, and Teva Mush flip flops are my top three.

just joining, making my list now lol

I always forget the ponchos and last year we bought the expensive ones. I stocked up on the Dollar Stores ones for our upcoming trip. I also try to bring small amounts of our favorite spices from home for the small amount of major cooking we sometimes do at the villa. The mist fans also are a great idea.

We alway bring a travel size of hand santizer. Ever watch a kid come out of the bathroom? They may have washed their hand but they touch everything on the way to the table to eat!!

You know those little metal clips. (kinda like rock climbers use?) We bring one of those with us so that if we rent a car we can put the keys on it and clip it to our belt loop, or you can use it for clipping straps together, etc. :cool1: I think you can get #5 for $1.25??

jonestavern said:

Of course, we could always use more $$$! :woohoo:

Jean

Have you considered using regular sized SOS pads, just cutting them in fourths? They are cheaper than the smaller ones and unless you use the smaller ones at home you wouldn't have to make a special purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter