Wow! we could've used that...

Subscribing...

Okay, I just read every page.... I have got to keep an eye on these suggestions to pack for our first trip in December. Thanks for all of the great suggestions! :thumbsup2

What a great thing for you to do for all of us. This way we can copy this and it will be easy to edit to match our own needs. Thanks

Just back and here's a couple I don't think I've seen....

*Small screwdriver (for those toys yours kiddos HAVE to get out that are screwed in the box!!)
*My mil needed superglue for her manicured broken nail
*LOTS and LOTS of individual wet wipes

Kate

Oh and if anyone is wondering, got back yesterday, it was VERY hot (and I'm from Arkansas, used to hot/humid) and VERY crowded, but the lines weren't that bad. I swear everyone was just walking around. All the rides were 30 minutes or less (many were walk on) but there were so many people around that you had to walk single file most the time. I have no idea why?

PaMom001 said:
Ok, I've compiled a list of everything on this thread and alphabetized it.

AAA Card
A giant bag to put dirty laundry in for storage and to take to the laundry room
All of my monthly/weekly magazines from the preceding month (I save them for the trip)
Aloe vera
Anbesol (for toothaches)
Anti-bacterial gel

Band Aids
Batteries
Bee sting kill wipes
Blister shield
Breathe right strips and throat spray (saves our nights sometimes)

Camera & camcorder (don’t forget tapes/memory chips)
Change of clothes (ziplock bag in backpack)
Change of socks for all (ziplock bag in backpack)
Change purse for basic necessities and leave the big wallet at home
Chapstick
Clear Backpack (easy for security checks)
Clothes pins
Copies of flight info, driver’s license, credit card, park tickets, reservations (keep originals and copies separate)

Dryer sheets (in case you do laundry)

Empty collapsible suitcase for bringing home goodies
Extension cord (power strip)
Extra batteries
Extra contact lenses/solution/glasses
Extra credit card
Extra hats to replace the lost ones
Extra pair of shoelaces for sneakers (someone's always breaks)

Film canisters or M&M minis candy containers (for pressed penny machines)
Film
First aid cream
First aid kit

Green tea bags (place in water bottle - instant flavor!)

Hand Sanitizer
Hand warmer packets (in case you stay to watch fireworks)
Head-On (cooling roll-on migraine relief for forehead)

ID card (laminated) for your child's pocket (put child’s name, your name, your cell #)
If park tickets are pre-purchased a photo copy of the back of them in case they are lost
In a small ziplock bags children's Tylenol, generic benadryl, a spoon measuring thing for the meds (for taking into the parks)
Index cards with you plan for each day (be sure to include you ADR confirmation numbers, EMH, etc.)
Insect repellant wipes
Insurance, maps, tips, etc. (carry in tote bag with you on plane)

Medicine (Advil, Aleve for the joints, Antacid tablets, Aspirin, Cold Medicine, Cough syrup, Headache medicine)
Memory chip for camera
Mini-fans w/mister (for summer)
Moleskin or other products for blisters
Mosquito wipes (for summer)
Motion sickness medicine

Neosporin Antibiotic ointment
Nightlight

Over-the-counter temporary filling gummy stuff (from drug store)

Permanent marker (can be used to write child’s name, your name, your cell # on child’s back or for autograph books)
Plastic cups or Paper bathroom cups (don't trust those glasses by sink)
Plastic ID for security and keeping tickets in
Ponchos
Power strip to plug in the laptop, digi camera and 2 cell phone chargers in one easy location.
Powdered laundry soap (get from local Laundromat)
Pre-bought autograph books (get them at your local Disney store and Velcro a BIG (i.e., THICK) pen for the characters)

Rechargeable batteries and charger
Retractable Sharpie for the Autograph book (with a quart sized zip lock to keep them both in so they stay dry!)
Roll of quarters and some singles for any tolls
Room air fresheners

Safety pins
Sleep aids
Small fans
Small flashlight (in case accident happens at night)
Small screwdriver kit for eyeglasses, sunglasses and putting batteries in the new toys
Small sewing kit that has needle, thread, scissors, a button, and safety pins
Small umbrella at the dollar store
Sterlite plastic containers (one is food items, one is medical items)
Store shoe bag (from $1 store for hanging over back of bathroom door)
Suction cup hooks for wet clothes (to hang in the shower)
Sunscreen
Swimmers ear medicine

Tension shower curtain rod (mount directly over the bathtub for dripping wet swim suits)
Toothbrush & toothbrush holder (from $1 store that way you can leave them behind, if desired)
Travel size deodorant
Tweezers

Vaseline

Walkie talkie
Washcloths
Wet ones
Wipes

Zip-lock bags into the parks (for cell phones and cameras when riding the really wet rides)
Ziplocks (of all sizes, snack to gallon, for various uses)

1/2 to 1 inch binder w/tabs for itinerary, tickets, park info, emergency numbers of doctors

Great List :thumbsup2

Thank you. Like I said, I have no life and do nothing. I'm lurking and will update my list and occasionally update it on the board.

Scissors. I didn't see scissors on the list. Bring a small pair of scissors because you will ultimately buy some toy for your kids (or yourself) that you just CAN'T GET INTO BECAUSE THE DARNED THING IS SUPERSEALED IN HARD PLASTIC.

I now bring a mesh laundry bag I hang it up in the closet using two hangers that have the hooks and when it falls off of these its time to do laundry. I bring the whole bag down and since its a cloth/mesh bag I throw that in too , so no carrying it up and down from the room or misplacing it in the laundry room.

nothing worse than making your traveling companion(s) wait for you while you are "suddenly summoned" to the little girl's room . When you are approaching the big 5-0, NEVER enter the parks without ... ssshh... imodium , (esp. if you are on the free dining package). oh, and ladies my age, even if your "friend" hasn't visited in 6 months, carry that one tampon, just in case.
on a less sensitive note, carry plastic bags in your carry-on, to put your wet bathing suit in. what good is your extra change of clothes (if magical express hasn't delivered your luggage yet and your room isn't ready) is your bathing suit gets them sopping wet?
for more on old farts vacationing without kids, see "if it's tues. this must be epcot" under "trip reports"

Here is my big tip to kepp everyone healthy. When you go to a buffett ANYWHERE, after getting your food, sanitize your hands before you eat. After each time you go to the buffett to get food sanitize your hands. There are so many people that do not clean their hands. Think of all the dirty hands touching the serving utensils on the buffett line. If you sanitzie after you back to the table, you are taking that extra step to make sure that your family does not get sick. CLEAN CLEAN CLEA THOSE HANDS! It is amazing how many people do not wash thier hands after they go to the bathroom, then eat. YUCK !!

SanDiegoDayTripper said:
Just saw a "swimmer's towel" in WalMart yesterday, in camping section. They can also be called a camp towel or a chamois or I think the swimming brand name is "Shammy." The camp towel is usually more of a felt material. I think it works just as well, and less expensive. The "Shammys" are more of a specialty product, they're the things you see the Olympic divers wiping off with right before a dive.

You can usually find them in the Walmart auto section (around the car washing products). They make nice fairly large ones for cheap prices.

As far as sanitizing hands...well, I'm a big fan of Purell, but I just put those thoughts on the back burner when it comes to buffets...I mean, if we get too technical,and really think about it,there are germs on a lot more places than the serving handles...ahem...delicacy prevents me from being too gross, but if there are that many germs on the handles of spoons,imagine what's on the food,the back of a chair...a characters arm.... :rolleyes1 I guess I'm saying i agree- with sanitizing, but i usually don't stress too much, or i wouldn't eat anywhere! ;) but that's just me...carry on with all the great ideas for packing...we never go anywaher without our pocketknives with scissors in our checked luggage, they're great for al kinds of things- and I like the clothespin idea, I always use those as chip clips at home anyway- the one time i packed softsoap,no one used it!

My husband may be just a bit obsessive/compulsive but he won't travel without a full-size bar of soap. HATES the small ones at the hotels.

We also always pack small bottles of hand lotion (from other hotels, LOL) and immodium is a MUST too - different water can really adversely affect people so I'm glad that one was mentioned.

Bodyglide can be found at Scheel's (large sporting goods store) but it is often out of stock. They say it is an extremely popular item. It took me 3 trips and a phone call before I found it in stock there.

And this is a bit O.T. - but as far as packing all this stuff in something - has anyone purcahsed an Atlantic Rolling Duffle Bag? They had them on QVC a couple of weeks ago and I thought it looked great. Item # is F5689 and just wondering if anyone has used it and what your opinion is on it. My current suitcase just isn't really user-friendly and I think the pockets on this one look great. They are out of the 'intense' colors but blue might not be too bad to find in the airport. Give me your total honest opinion please!!

Must Dos for us outside of standard clothes and electronics:

Renuzit, Glad or something of the like

Power Strip/Surge Protector

Mole Skin/Blister Bandaids

Plastic Baggies

Bring Trial Size Toiletries so that I can throw everything away and have more room in my suitcase for the trip home

Our own bar of soap

Hi everyone, I'm new here! We are planning a spring break trip and I LOVE all the helpful ideas in this post - you guys are all terrific! I thought I'd add a couple more:

Coffee + coffee filters for the room (for us coffee snobs)

Eyeglass wearers:
those tiny chamois cloths are great
copy of your perscription, just in case

Parents of older babies/toddlers:
Disposable travel bibs
Disposable stick on placemats
Outlet plugs for the hotel
Wet Wipes Antibacterial

Someone mentioned germs in a previous post. Frankly, some high chairs are breeding grounds for bacterias that cause food poisioning. I am packing a small pack of Wet Wipes Antibacterial for each day in the park, they come in a small pack of 15. I wipe babies hands, the table expecially the edges and underneath where it never gets washed yet babies touch, and of course the highchair itself.

Found a couple of great old threads to bump forward. Here's a good one . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter