Wow! we could've used that...

Great tips! Keep them coming~its never to early to start putting stuff into the Disney Drawer! :teeth:

We leave Tinkerbell gifts for our DS so I start picking up little things on sale or when I see them at the $1 store.

I know alot of people have said laundry bag. I find a HUGE gift bag and use that...it stands up under the vanity counter and looks nice too. My brother made fun of me...then wanted to "borrow" mine (Mom and I could "technically" share)!

I also carried a very old fashioned hard sided cosmetic case this time (like from the 40's)....it was very handy to keep things you didn't want out all the time (prescription meds and meds you may not use but HAVE to carry) and fit nicely under the nightstand.

I also use Nalgene bottles from the backpacking store and p-touch to label shampoo, body wash, body oil....etc...

Can you tell I am a little weird about keeping the room straight?

Meezers said:
I know alot of people have said laundry bag. I find a HUGE gift bag and use that...it stands up under the vanity counter and looks nice too. My brother made fun of me...then wanted to "borrow" mine (Mom and I could "technically" share)!

I also carried a very old fashioned hard sided cosmetic case this time (like from the 40's)....it was very handy to keep things you didn't want out all the time (prescription meds and meds you may not use but HAVE to carry) and fit nicely under the nightstand.

I also use Nalgene bottles from the backpacking store and p-touch to label shampoo, body wash, body oil....etc...

Can you tell I am a little weird about keeping the room straight?

You have me laughing! :rotfl:
No need to mousekeeping on our vacation except to give us towels. After using the sink I'm wiping it down.. Every vacation whether it is Disney or Caribbean I promise myself that I am not going to make the bed...
yeah right :guilty:

skiingwife said:
Powdered laundry soap (I pre-measured it and put it in the snack size zip lock bags) and dryer sheets. Buying soap at the resorts can get expensive. I underestimated how much laundry I would be doing. I figured 2 or 3 loads and it ended up being at least 6, for our 10 day stay.

A giant bag to put our dirty laundry in for storage and to take to the laundry room.

I know, who wants to do laundry on vacation? But packing for 5 people for 10 days, I couldn't help it. I would have had to pack so many clothes.

Along those lines, a roll of quarters. The change machine was broke, so I'm glad I had my own.

Last year I did that. I agree doing laundry is not what one would think with the word vacation, however I don't mind doing it while sitting out at the pool. (less clothes to pack) and its not like I'm beating the clothes on a rock to clean them!

FYI, packing quarters may cause delays at airline security checkpoints. Especially if they are rolled because they are dense, xray cannot see through them...SO you are usually selected for additional screening.

I also pick up a small umbrella at the dollar store in addition to the ponchos. Then I don't feel bad about leaving it there or if it breaks after I've used it a couple of times. I also pack mosquito wipes and sting kill wipes. Sometimes there are a lot of bees. I've used the sting kill wipes on my kids and have given them out to other parents for their children when they got stung.

I bought one of those colapsible laundry baskets at the dollar store.

We unfold it, and put it in a corner. When you take off dirty clothes, throw them in there. Then they don't get mixed up with the clean clothes. When it is full, we dump them into an empty suitcase. It works great to keep clothes seperated, and housekeeping didn't touch it. At the end of the trip, folded it back up small, and off we go! I got that tip on these boards, and loved the idea!

Also, packed 4 big ziploc bags, and just put everyones underwear in thier own bag. Made it easier for kids to find their undies, plus if your bag gets searched, they won't get touched by some security guard!!

Albertan mom said:
I bought one of those colapsible laundry baskets at the dollar store.

We unfold it, and put it in a corner. When you take off dirty clothes, throw them in there. Then they don't get mixed up with the clean clothes. When it is full, we dump them into an empty suitcase. It works great to keep clothes seperated, and housekeeping didn't touch it. At the end of the trip, folded it back up small, and off we go! I got that tip on these boards, and loved the idea!

Also, packed 4 big ziploc bags, and just put everyones underwear in thier own bag. Made it easier for kids to find their undies, plus if your bag gets searched, they won't get touched by some security guard!!

Another idea for dirty clothes is to pack them sorted for a day of wear, you know, underwear, socks, shorts and top, in a ziploc bag. At the end of day when they are dirty return the dirty clothes to the same ziploc and seal it and that way you can continuously "pack" everyday on vacation and the final night/morning isn't to longsuffering.

I guess I don't understand why you don't use the plastic bag in the room or from your purchases to put your laundry in before you go home instead of bringing a hamper?

justplaingoofy said:
I guess I don't understand why you don't use the plastic bag in the room or from your purchases to put your laundry in before you go home instead of bringing a hamper?

Well, it folds competely flat, so very easy to pack. I just find the odds of dirty clothes getting in the right place better if the kids can just throw it in the hamper. If they have to look for the dirty clothes bag, it probably won't happen. And then I worry the housekeeper might take it out as trash too!! I found it worked great!

The thing that I'm going to do for our upcoming trip is the mousekeeping envelopes. I'll have the money in them and labeled before we leave, so I don't have to worry about it down there and then it wont need to be taken out of our spending money :thumbsup2

I haven't been on a Disney vacation in a very long time, but I do go away on to other places several times a year...here's what I bring that is "special"

Tea bags and Equal
Gum
Dramamine (cruise ships, airplanes, ferry rides, small boats etc)
Tylenol PM and Motrin
lots of hair elastics

What do earplanes look like and where can I buy them ? Flying really bothers my sisters ears and I'm told these will help.

You can find them in any drugstore. They are in the aisle with the ear drops.

Great tips!

My son suggested that I buy the All Small and Mighty to take with us on this trip. I thought that was a great idea. It doesn't take up much room at all. (We drive down.)

This is SO helping make my "don't forget to buy list"!

Thank you all so much. Great ideas.

We take a lot of the things listed above, but I also bring my "heating pad". Just before bed, I lay on it for 15-20 minutes and my back feels great. Don't get me wrong, I wear Birkenstock sandals and my feet are great. Just a lot of walking during the week.

:cloud9:

the one thing i now take on every trip and leave either in the car or my carry on when flying is my first aid kit. although this didnt happen in disney world, i went to the capital for the 4th of july and it had rained and i slipped and fell. no bandaid on me, none in the car, and the first aid station while they could have hooked me up if i'd had a heart attack couldnt find me a band aid. so i walked around with a bloody leg.

oh yeah and wet one, for when the blood and mud was caked onto my leg. it would have been nice if i could have just gone to the car and cleaned up. so now that stuff just goes everywhere with me.

of course others may not me as accident prone as i am.

How about Moleskin or other products for blisters. This is going to be our kids first trip and I am so worried about them getting blisters.

We always take the fold-down laundry bag. We are adults, but I have found my DH will put all his dirty clothes in there and not just throw in the bottom of the closet. By the time we get back to the resort he is too tired and sore from a full park day to look through the closet for a plastic bag, open it up and put in his clothes. (Of course it might help if I didn't buy quite so much stuff which are in bags to cluther up the closet) :rotfl:

Always travel with the individual antimicrobial wipes. So nice to use before eating a snack.

I am one who packs for all possible problems such as cold meds, tummy problems, antibiotics, tweezers, band-aids. If I pack them I don't need them. If I leave it at home it is like a given we will want/need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter