Xmas Dinner Advice at Universal (Kictchen? Islands?, Others?)

ps17

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Universal for Xmas (Hard Rock) and for now we have no Xmas day evening dinner plans. Last year we went to Tchoup Chop and did not like it.

All the hotel dining rooms, Islands Dining at RPR and Kitchen at HRH are offerring holiday meals (buffet) etc. at a whopping $44 for anyone over 10...

Has anyone been to these? Has anyone eaten at that Island's Dining and can attest to quality? Any other reccomendations for Xmas dinner at Universal? We are already going to the Palm on another night so that one is out.

We have also eaten at the Kitchen before and we think it is just "good but not great" - wondering if anyone has insight into their special XMas dinners...

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows....

Well I can't help with the Christmas dinner per se, but our dinner at The Kitchen was in the Top 2 of any meal we've had at WDW or Universal. Hope this helps.

We will be there at Xmas too, and I was thinking Mythos. Has anyone experienced a Xmas meal there? Do they do anything special?

THANKS!

To my knowledge, Mythos is not open for dinner. They may have a dinner serving at Christmas, however...

When the parks are open late, Mythos is open for dinner. Call and see.

the last time i was at universal when they closed late, Mythos closed at 7 pm.

i have no idea if Christmas eve will make a difference on the last seating at Mythos.

do what the other posted suggested and call ahead.
if the hours suit you, make a ressie then.

it is better to be safe than sorry.
not sure of the crowds for them for when you are looking for a dining place.

the Palm. have you eaten there before?
i think they are quite high priced.
it's been 3 or 4 years since i was there, maybe the prices have scaled down since then.

they have a website and you can check out their menu.

We made reservations for Palm but then changed and went off the board - went to Celebration and ate at Columbia.

That was a bust - Columbia is a good chain but the food was not as good as the one at Tampa. To make things worse, the waitress was horribly rude.

Oh well, live and learn.....

Hi, Last year we went to the Gaylordpalms for dinner. The food was fine but the day was made special by us also going to ICE here and then watching a Chirstmas rock/carol concert the whole day felt very christamassy hear. We may go back this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter