Yay For May Super Goofs Challenge Thread

princessrunner

Real athletes run, others just play games...
So we are in last place, who cares. We are all having loads of fun just Goofin around!!!

Team members:
PRINCESSRUNNER (Captain) -Lisa/ME
CRUELLA DE MOM (Co Captain)-Cecilia/GA

ESCAPE-Susie/AR inactive
SAP1227-Christy/FL inactive
Steve (DH SAP1227) inactive
lllovell-Laura/GA inactive
MICKEYHEAD-Chad/NH
NUKEMAN (ESCAPE's HUBBY)-Steve/AR inactive
PUNGODINGY-Angie/NH
CREATIVE BETH-Beth/PA
HOCKEYGIRL-Laurie/NY
GROOVYGIRLS-Joanne/NH
JMASGAT-Maura
DISNEYLUV
RAENSTOIRM-Carla/MDinactive
LYNNIELOU-
FLORIDAGIRL-Shannon/FL
SUZANNEWS-Suzanne/FL
laxdef69-Mike/IL
KSOREHRLEIN
UPTOWN_GIRL44

I have made a corporate decision seeing as the weeks are all screwed up on the new spreadsheet to just continue on and I will add this weeks totals to next weeks totals and post them for the first week of May so we can come out springing on strong!!

You are all doing such a great job and your mileage is incredible. Being that we have no triathletes, big time bikers, etcetera, we are holding our own against the big dogs. With lots of races coming up and double mileage for all of them, we should be shining by the end of May!!!

Oooookay, this feels weird to be the first person responding to this thread. :rolleyes1

Anyway, I'd like to donate some biking miles & minutes to Cecilia, because she is one of those people who remind me that I am more than my couch/computer potato self:

10.80 miles, 35 minutes (or .58 in decimal format)

This was for the past weekend, ending Friday, 5/2. I don't know how that affects your spreadsheet, Lisa, but hope I don't cause too much inconvenience.

My thoughts are with you, Cecilia, and your family. :hug:

I hope the SuperGoofs are having a great weekend!! :cheer2:

Lisa: I really don't even keep track of the other teams. I think we are all doing great! The challenge helps me out alot! Thanks for all your work.....it is appreciated from those of us that are computer 'stupid'!

Debra: You are too kind to contribute to Cecilia's cause! :goodvibes You are awesome!

I myself took a day off today.....not really planned, but I am bushed. I even took a nap today. The 1/2 took it out of me. I am planning on 5 tomorrow. I think it will be another slow 5, but it will get done!

Sending PD to Cecilia :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Hoping for the best for your dad.

Beth

Good Sunday morning Super Goofs. I hope I did not discourage anyone with the last place statement. That was certainly not what I intended. We have a few people who have not reported for a month and have not officially left the team so I am unsure whether to replace them or not. I have to go another week in order to ask and then wait for someone to step up to the challenge. As a captain, this is one of the more difficult duties. Sitting and spinning is not one of my favorite things to do.

The Goofs are a strong team and very close knit. I do not WISH to lose any of you. You are my support staff and I deeply care about all of you. Personally, I think we all win just because we have found new friends!!

In my little corner of the world, it is raining and it is not supposed to be. I had planned to venture out with my run and do the 90 minutes that I would have done before my 3 mile challenge to myself but so far that is canned because I refuse to do it on the TM and it is still raining. Send me some love for a hiatus in the rain. I am not asking for sun, just not rain. ;) Yesterday, I got DD to do 0.5 miles around the track to warm up before pitching practice and then caught for her for an hour. Super leg workout in case anyone wants to give it a go. :laughing:

I hope everyone has a great day and I will try to not be such a downer as a captain anymore. Only love and support. :love: :cheer2:

Hey everyone,

I got back a little while ago from my race, the Long Branch Half Marathon. I posted a report on the race report thread.

I finished in 2:22 ---which I was thrilled about, considering my lack of training over the last few months! Imagine what I could have done if I got in all the runs I missed....ugh!!! I don't even want to think about it!!

Sorry, I don't have much time to catch up! Keep up the good work, and don't worry about what place we are in....in the long run, nobody will ever remember what place we came in, but we will remember having fun and challenging ourselves to keep with our workouts!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Hi, Super Goofs! I just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone. I enjoyed meeting Susie in OKC. Can't wait until next year and some more Wishers join us!!! Yeah!! :goodvibes

I would like to donate 2 miles and 38 minutes to Cecillia. I don't know what the problem is, but she has my prayers.

Good luck, good times, and good training! :woohoo:

All the best! -- Connie

Hey everyone!! I finished the Minnie 15K this morning and it felt amazing. Thanks for all the encouragement over the last few weeks while I freaked out about it. I met some fellow Super Goofs and will post pictures soon!

Uggg, I just erased my whole post as I was about to submit....let me try again!

Happy May to all the Super Goofs! I am sorry my postings for April were very few and very far between. I am hoping to do better this month.

I just got home from a very fun Girls Minnie Weekend. We did the 5K yesterday in 45:02 (I walked it with an injured friend and a friend who is a first timer) and then we volunteered at the 15K this morning (GREAT JOB to all of you who did it--I was right outside the back entrance to MGM/Hollywood Studios). It was nice to be on the other side of the race and I have to tell you almost every WISHer I saw thanked me for being there (and there was no way to identify I was a WISHer--they were just greatful runners). I do wish I would have had time to squeeze in a quick WISH meeting during the weekend.

Hey, congrats to all those who finished the Minnie. I am sure a good time was had by all!:cool1: :cool1:

I am posting for today:

Time: 60 min
Miles: 5

I will also be donating time to Cecilia......

Time: 30min
Miles: 2

Thanks!

Beth

Lisa I got confused with the threads....someone posted in April's thread and I thought it was the new one. I posted today's totals twice. Sorry.....I should have looked closer.

Beth

Good morning Super Goofs. You all did so well over the weekend. Keep up the good work. I did nothing yesterday. I feel like a bum. My MIL ran 3, my SIL ran 7 and I finished up my laundry, and went to a kidlet b-day party. Bum. It was pouring and cold and nasty. Today is supposed to be sunny, keeping my fingers crossed. I have some miles to make up so I may try my 5.5 mile loop today. Fingers crossed again. This is my highest miles since the half.

Beth: April, May, no big deal. I only start the new thread every month so that it loads faster. They were having an issue with the threads becoming so big that they were bogging down the boards. I think they upgraded the servers though and fixed some of that. If I see April moved toward the top of the list, I usually check it anyway.

Connie/Debra: :love: :love: :love: Thank you from the Super Goofs. You are both sweeter than sweet.

Laurie: Nice job on the half. You should be happy with that time. I would be happy with it...it is my normal!!!

Christy, Angie, Maura and Suzanne: Yay for Minnie. I hear it was hot, hot, hot. Cherish your final Minnie medals. I WISH I had one too!!!! Looking forward to reports.

Cecilia: Continued :hug: and PD for you and your family.

To all the remaining team members: Keep up the good work. We are moving into those summer months when us Northern players have to pick up the miles for the poor Southern people melting in the heat. Keep those miles/hours coming!!! Have a super special day everyone!!! :flower3:

So my best laid plans have gone down in flames again. I lost power at 9:15 this morning and just got it back so I now have 3 hours of work time to make up which takes me to 3:30. Kidlets had early release as they had no power at school either. Apparently somewhere there was a fatal with a pole and wires involved somehow. I am sure the scoop will be on the news tonight. Anyway, no softball so now I can just run at home. No gym because they don't have power either so that is put off until later in the week. Dangflabbit.......:confused3

I have not been a good team member these last few weeks :sad2: .
I am sorry about that, but at least for May and most of June life should be calm-ish (tons of weekend stuff going on, but very little during the week, so my training should not be as screwy as last month :woohoo: .) Now that I said that, tons of stuff with come up and I will never be able to exercise :rolleyes:

Hi Goofs,

I am home from what was one of the toughest weekends of my life. And to come home to such love and support was absolutely awesome! Thank you to Everyone for thinking of us.

Dad rallied the first night we were there and we were able to have a good visit with him but it quickly became clear that he had worn himself out trying to be strong for his girls. The rest of our visit was spent mostly waiting for him to be awake enough to talk to us.

But I am home and my children are bombarding me with all of their needs at the moment. Its quite the shock after days of quiet to be back in the chaos that is my home.

3 miles in 29 minutes is all that I have for the week. eek! Thank you Debra and Connie!!

Cecilia

Forgot to post for 4/30: 2 miles/20 min.

I just got back from the Minnie Marathon Weekend...had a blast!

5K 47:31 (walked/jogged with my dad & son)
15K 1:46

Just wanted to drop in and say Congrats to all those that did the Minnie this weekend!!! I really wanted to do it this year, but just couldn't afford it. Oh well! It sounds like everyone had a BLAST!!!!

Lisa--Believe me, I am super happy about my time in my half yesterday, I guess I just know inside that if I had trained more my time would have been much better!!

Cecilia-so sorry to hear about your weekend...I can only imagine how tough that was for you! Hang in there!

No training to report on for me today, as I am resting from my half yesterday. Plan to get out for a short run tomorrow.

Hi,

Congrats to all the Super Goofs on your races this weekend :banana:

THe weather got the best of me this weekend. Back on track today though 4 miles on elliptical (1hr) & 20 min pilates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter