*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I'm shocked that BTMR wasn't available but I guess everyone wants one last ride before it goes down for all of two weeks.
I really hope BTMR opens up a day or two early! haha. I got my high high hopes, but doubt it happens.

Do you think there could be any chance at all of Ratatouille opening by the last day in May?

Do you think there could be any chance at all of Ratatouille opening by the last day in May?
I would imagine that they announce an actual opening date soon. It's sounds like it's close to done, but who knows how much interior work/technical work still needs to be done.

Thanks for those. I will see that as a positive and expect it to definitely be 100% open and plan everything around it, accordingly. :banana:

I saw a couple of posts in the FP info thread stating that they had split days and they were only able to book for the first half of their trip on FP day. I know that’s not the norm but it sure is making me nervous, since this is our first split stay.

Question for those booking on HS days. Have you found Slinky Dog and Smugglers Run available before noon? Or only afternoon? I’ve been watching the FP availability, on Touring Plans, and it seems like only afternoons are available.

I saw a couple of posts in the FP info thread stating that they had split days and they were only able to book for the first half of their trip on FP day. I know that’s not the norm but it sure is making me nervous, since this is our first split stay.

Question for those booking on HS days. Have you found Slinky Dog and Smugglers Run available before noon? Or only afternoon? I’ve been watching the FP availability, on Touring Plans, and it seems like only afternoons are available.

I got the earliest available on my days at 1:40 SDD and 1:20 Smugglers Run. Both are for 60+3 because our party is split between the rides. I wanted to do HS on 60+1 but there wasn't availability before like 6 or 7 for those rides.

Last edited:

In the research I've done using TP, it appears that no matter how far out from 60 days you go, the earliest availability for either of these is around 10:45. I think we came to the conclusion that they don't seem to be offering earlier FP for these at the moment, for whatever reason. I grabbed MMRR as my first FP right at 7:00 am, on our 60+6 day, and I got 11:40 as the earliest time offered, FWIW.

Thank you guys. I'm planning on going first thing in the morning for boarding groups. I was hoping to schedule all of our FPs for the morning, before heading to Epcot for lunch. If that's not feasible, I'll have to come up with a backup plan for evening FPs instead.

Hi Elle,
Did my fastpass selections today and there were plenty of available time for Smugglers Run, days 60+4 and 5 of our stay, but they started at 12:30. Didn't check for SD since my wife wants to do MMRR two days. (just checked, earliest times for SD for May 7 and 8 was 2:30)

Thank you guys. I'm planning on going first thing in the morning for boarding groups. I was hoping to schedule all of our FPs for the morning, before heading to Epcot for lunch. If that's not feasible, I'll have to come up with a backup plan for evening FPs instead.

If they continue the 8:00 openings at DHS (and I hope they do, at this point), my plan is to get a BG, hop immediately to Epcot and RD there, then play it by ear depending on what time our BG is called. This doesn't work as well with 9:00 openings, so we'll see what happens as it gets closer.

I'm shocked that BTMR wasn't available but I guess everyone wants one last ride before it goes down for all of two weeks.
I was as well! I was expecting some to be available. I’ve been checking all day and nothing has come up. I’ll keep looking for that and an earlier smugglers run until my trip comes. I know I’ll grab one!

I just booked yesterday for a few days starting May 11! I love a good surprise trip. I’m really excited to see everything new going on in the World. Fingers crossed for Ratatouille opening sooner than later!

I got Smugglers Run for 11:30 on two different days, but one was booked at 90 (CL) and the one I booked yesterday on our regular FP day was on a 60+10 day.

In the research I've done using TP, it appears that no matter how far out from 60 days you go, the earliest availability for either of these is around 10:45. I think we came to the conclusion that they don't seem to be offering earlier FP for these at the moment, for whatever reason. I grabbed MMRR as my first FP right at 7:00 am, on our 60+6 day, and I got 11:40 as the earliest time offered, FWIW.

Our SDD is for 9:30 on 5/4. We were told by DSS that they couldn’t be right at park open but no other time restriction, and afaik they pull from the same general FP pool.

I actually just checked the app and pretended to change our 2nd MFSR FP and I’m seeing multiple Tier 1 experiences for 5/10 at early AM times for HS

Our SDD is for 9:30 on 5/4. We were told by DSS that they couldn’t be right at park open but no other time restriction, and afaik they pull from the same general FP pool.

I actually just checked the app and pretended to change our 2nd MFSR FP and I’m seeing multiple Tier 1 experiences for 5/10 at early AM times for HS

Oops, I just read the original post again - I thought they were asking about MMRR not SDD. Yes, I saw a bunch of earlier SDD times on multiple days

Oops, I just read the original post again - I thought they were asking about MMRR not SDD. Yes, I saw a bunch of earlier SDD times on multiple days

Yeah 10:45 is the earliest for MMRR. I didn’t check it at 90 because we wanted to do Toy Story Land first thing on 5/4 and then move to Galaxy’s Edge, so booked MMRR closer to dinner time. But checking now that’s the earliest AM time I’m seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter