YC vs. BC

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I know, they are right next to each other but I am torn....
We have stayed at Beach club 3xs, last year we stayed at Poly and I was disappointed. So I booked Beach Club for this year bc I missed it so much. BUT, we can get free dining at yacht club for much less. Am I silly for wanting to stay at beach club? I like being closer to International gateway, marketplace (gotta get the kids the mickey waffles in the morning), and just the overall theming and brightness of BC. WWYD?

I love Poly and it's the only place we've stayed at (besides an unexpected but interesting night at GF) until the upcoming trip. We changed for practical reasons: this trip will be short and I want to spend a minimum of time traveling so a split stay it is. Half the trip at the Contemporary since it's a quick walk to MK and easy to access AK; YC because the rate was best for the Epcot area deluxe hotels. The theme isn't quite that important to me yet perhaps that's easy to say since I've never stayed in the Epcot area before.

Last edited:
We personally prefer the YC to the BC, having stayed at both and just stayed there this past December in the Regatta Club. We like it because it's quieter and I love many of the cast members there. I understand how you think it's a silly question, because they are right next to one another AND share the same pool, but it is totally 2 different themes and resorts :) LOL

Give it a shot and you will never know, we too are trying something new this year! We were booked once again at the Contemporary Atrium level, where their cast members are the absolute best and only moved to the YC last year, when we extended our trip and there was no CL space at the Contemporary, anyway, we switched over to the Grand to check out their club level and my husband and I have called twice to switch back, but we are determined to try something new!!!! Good thing the wait time on those calls is always so long, so we say it is a sign that we need to try it, we may like it!

I would definitely go with YC! They just finished a huge refurb and it's GORGEOUS! Beautiful rooms, a new QS, great new restaurant. It's now one of my favorite WDW resorts, plus you are guaranteed a balcony (if that matters to you).

Definitely not silly! Beach Club is our favorite resort. We could've saved a good bit going with YC this summer, but I just couldn't do it! I knew I would miss being on the BC side. YC is great, we've stayed in a refurbed room for a long weekend in September, but it just doesn't have the same feel. I prefer BC for all the reasons you listed as well. I would be fine with YC for a shorter trip, but for our long summer trip I can't give up BC.

The new rooms a the yacht club are GORGEOUS. I much prefer YC over BC but if I could get a better deal at BC I would choose it over YC. YC is gorgeous. No balcony worries there either!

YC=glorified convention hotel with a decided lack of theming, at least based on our one stay there. Totally different vibe at BC, where we're headed this summer. At the end of the day, you wouldn't be wrong for either saving the cash or going with your favorite resort despite the premium.

I prefer YC to BC, it's actually my favorite resort on all of Disney property and I've stayed at most. My kid is grown and BC just seems to be a little more busy and child friendly than YC (which might be why you like it with kids). I don't like the fact that you aren't guaranteed a full balcony at BC, those Juliet balconies just make me mad knowing they are there but that I can't sit in a chair in the morning with my coffee and watch the world wake up. I love the Epcot resorts so just tend to stay at whichever one is less, I find something to like about all of them and lately have been staying at Dolphin more since it turns out to be less. I'm not a fan of free dining, I don't eat the way the dining plan is arranged and find room discounts save me more money but if YC is less, that's where I'd go. The walk between the two really isn't that much and getting to the BC market place is about a minute extra walk. I actually enjoy getting up in the morning and strolling over there.

We used to prefer BC to YC before the refurb, now though, we much prefer the YC rooms, they are really nice! I like that YC is a bit quieter, and that you don't have to worry about getting a balcony. I don't do free dining because the dining plan does not work for how we prefer to eat, but we have been able to get excellent RO deals at the YC for our last two stays. I still like the color pallet at the BC more (I LOVE whatever color those doors are painted) but overall we prefer the YC experience now.

We wanted to book the BC for our July trip but decided that it wasn't worth the premium when we love the YC.

Never stayed at the Beach Club, have stayed at the Yacht. We will be in a Beach Club studio in June. But I still think after our stay at the Beach Club Villas and the Animal Kingdom Villas in June, along with all the resorts in my signature, I will still hold the Yacht Club at my #1!

Oh wait, also one night at AoA, gotta update my signature!

I know, they are right next to each other but I am torn....
We have stayed at Beach club 3xs, last year we stayed at Poly and I was disappointed. So I booked Beach Club for this year bc I missed it so much. BUT, we can get free dining at yacht club for much less. Am I silly for wanting to stay at beach club? I like being closer to International gateway, marketplace (gotta get the kids the mickey waffles in the morning), and just the overall theming and brightness of BC. WWYD?

Not silly at all. I expect we all can relate. :rolleyes: When I run into this, my question is usually how much less? And then I break it down to see if I can justify in my mind $x a night for whatever my perceived extras are at the resort in question. As others have said, the good news is that I don't think you can go wrong. Largely same amenities and even new quick serve and sit down and lounge at YC - as well as guaranteed balcony if important. But I'd agree there is just something about the Beach Club and it sounds like you may have your heart set on it and that's ok too... if that's what you want and it fits your budget, go for it!

Never stayed at the Beach Club, have stayed at the Yacht. We will be in a Beach Club studio in June. But I still think after our stay at the Beach Club Villas and the Animal Kingdom Villas in June, along with all the resorts in my signature, I will still hold the Yacht Club at my #1!

Oh wait, also one night at AoA, gotta update my signature!

BCV is not the best for views, but it's where we stay every time. As long as we can get into SAB and use the secret walkway to EPCOT, all is well. :)

I've stayed at both and the first time I did YC I was sort of bummed going into the trip - it was cheaper than BC but I loved BC's rooms. Now YC is my favorite! I love love love the refurbished rooms (it's like nautical but there are stars on the curtains and the furniture looked so slick in person, I literally tried to buy the curtains but they wouldn't let me) and I had a huge patio. Give it a try!!

I agree with the previous poster who suggested calculating how much less per day and using that to decide if you really want to spend that much more for BC vs. YC.

FWIW, our last trip at YC (2016) left a sour taste in our mouth - this was pre-refurb so I can't speak to the new rooms, but the service was lackluster at best and after paying for 10 nights at YC I expected better than lackluster. The service level was great on our trips to AK (2007 & 2009), CR (2015), and FW (Cabins in 2017) - friendly, helpful, quick to resolve issues if we did have an issue (which I can only think we did with our door not completely closing and locking at our cabin along with the remote not working), and very welcoming. BC/BCV service has always been fine - not great, not terrible (2011, 2012, 2013). On our last trip to YC (2016) we felt like no one cared whether we were there or not. After our first night where neither of us could sleep (it kept sounding like a pump was clicking on and off it next to our room), my husband went down to the front desk to request a room change. First the front desk person claimed that we could not possibly be hearing any noise because she couldn't think of anything nearby that would cause the noise (it took us about 30 seconds to figure out that there was an ice maker nearby with a compressor that kept turning off and on) and then insinuated that we were just trying to upgrade for free to a lagoon view because my husband pointed at a room he thought we stayed at the last time. We were not trying to do that, of course, and I would have preferred to stay in the room since I had already unpacked everything for 10 nights! But I want to sleep more than packing and unpacking so we wanted to switch. Again we were shelling out for 10 nights there so we were very disappointed. Anyway, after that long story, we are very reluctant to return to YC again. However, one of the reasons we did like YC is because you get the benefits of BC like SAB and walkability to Epcot and DHS, but it is much quieter in the lobby and restaurants and we liked the food at the Ale and Compass, the bar and at the Captain's Grille (which I now know is a new restaurant).

BCV is not the best for views, but it's where we stay every time. As long as we can get into SAB and use the secret walkway to EPCOT, all is well. :)

I still remember how excited I was the first time we wee able to secure a BCV studio during food and wine, all I wanted was a balcony to enjoy my coffee or wine on. Well, we ended up with a patio room with shrubbery growing into it with a view of what I can only describe as part road (with what seemed to be an excessive amount of truck traffic) and part drainage ditch looking feature, we still get a good laugh about that view to this day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter