Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

We were there Dec. 14 - 21, and our first day, my son and husband won lanyards coming off Goofy's Barnstormer! (My daughters and I had been to visit the princesses, so we saw princesses but missed lanyards!) My sweet, sweet husband immediately took his off and hung it around my neck. Yay, a dream for me, too! :):love:

On Wednesday of that week, Dec. 17, we won DFP's coming off Mission:Space. The Dream Team folks were inside the area where you play the computer game, on the right side of the exit area... I spotted them, saw what was in their hands, and said Oh, look, kids, we REALLY need to play this game!!! My family looked at me like I was nuts... but I sort of nudged and nodded, and they sort of agreed... then they realized what was going on... woo hoo!

Incidentally, after we finished the game, we went outside and looked for some Dream Team members to take a picture with. They were outside, so we went over to them - there were a bunch of them, with a young couple with two little kids... and the DT invited us to watch the VIDEO they were showing this family - and right there, they won the Cinderella Castle stay. (They won it by being on the right seat in Soarin', so I don't know how they ended up in front of M:S watching the video...) Anyway, that was VERY cool!!!:wizard: :wizard:

We twice just missed Mickey ears... the elevator before our family's won them on Tower of Terror, then our last day, we were at Downtown Disney, and my kids saw some people rounding a corner with them on... they took off, and arrived just as the Dream Team gave out the last two pairs. :rolleyes: I consoled them, though, and reminded them that most people don't even win one dream - much less two! :yay:

We saw lots of folks during the week with lanyards, fastpasses, and Mickey ears - seemed like there was still a lot of magic going on!

Wow -- so many cool wishes won and such a long thread! I can't believe the YOAMD is officially over now. It was sooo cool. I hope they keep doing some of these cool things, even if it isn't an official promo any more. I really thing the Dream Squad brought a lot of magic to the parks!

Wow -- so many cool wishes won and such a long thread! I can't believe the YOAMD is officially over now. It was sooo cool. I hope they keep doing some of these cool things, even if it isn't an official promo any more. I really thing the Dream Squad brought a lot of magic to the parks!

Thanks, from a very sad member of the Dream Squad...it was the most amazing six months of my life and I'm so sorry it's over!! We had a blast and loved every minute of it! We couldn't reach everyone we wanted to, but the excitement of giving away the prizes never, EVER got old - every single one was as exciting as the first! :lovestruc

Thanks, from a very sad member of the Dream Squad...it was the most amazing six months of my life and I'm so sorry it's over!! We had a blast and loved every minute of it! We couldn't reach everyone we wanted to, but the excitement of giving away the prizes never, EVER got old - every single one was as exciting as the first! :lovestruc

We loved our Dreams. Every little thing felt special. From the smallest CM interactions to even getting to open AK park one day. We had a blast. Thanks. I hope you can keep up the little things. They were great fun even if it isn't the theme this year.

Thank you CM:goodvibes We loved YOMD, I posted earlier in this thread that we won, FP twice and Lanyards/pins on our Sept 2007 trip. We didn't really see the Dream Team on our last trip beginning of Dec. 08. Except we stopped to talk with the CM who handed out our dreams last year. It kills me now I can't remember his name, but he was A+ SUPER:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My son thinks he is the coolest. We talked to him about seeing him in the commercial blowing the pixie dust and recognizing him from our winning. We talked a while and then my son traded the other CM there a pin for his sister while she was gone to restroom. Our CM buddy said well that deserves a spreading the magic pin and gave him a tinkerbell pin. That was great, but I would have been fine with nothing, since we were so lucky last time, others deserved the turn you know. I'm sure it is great to get to give out those dreams. :cloud9: We the guests certainly loved it, hope they continue to do little surprises, it really does add to the magic.:love:

Except we stopped to talk with the CM who handed out our dreams last year. It kills me now I can't remember his name, but he was A+ SUPER:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My son thinks he is the coolest. We talked to him about seeing him in the commercial blowing the pixie dust and recognizing him from our winning.

That would be Elton, at Epcot - he IS awesome!

Yes, Elton, that's it, thank you for telling me, it was driving me crazy I couldn't remember. He's a super CM, and we told him so. :laughing: I'm sure it's hard to go to work everyday in a super mood/cheery, we all struggle with that, but for you guys I know it's kind of expected every day, I'm sure that is tough some days. We appreciate the job you all do.:thumbsup2

We went 12/2-12/4. On 12/3 we went to Magic Kingdom, the place was so packed, lines super long. But we just had to take my daughter on its a small world. As wee exited the boat, a CM stopped me and asked which country was my favorite, I thought that was weird, I answered, we kept walking then another Cm was there and came up to me and said, You just won, a year of million dreams, in my mind, I was like OMG, am I going to get to stay in the castle?! But no, we won the special lanyards and pins. I was the first one off the ride, with my daughter and her dad behind me. Everyone that was on that ride got lanyards.

The next day, we went to Hollywood Studios/MGM. When we entered a CM came up to us, said hi to my daughter and asked us to wait a minute that he had a surprise for us. He came back and gave my daughter 2 pins, disney princesses and tinkerbell, stickers and 3 fast pass tickets for toy story mania. It was only 9:30 Am and apparently there werent any fast passses left for that ride. When we got to the ride, there was a 70 minute wait, we walked right in. My favorite ride of all. She loved it!

I just wish they weren't so many people at the parks sometimes, it really makes it impossible to experience it all well.

Hi, LoveStitch!

Thank you so, so much for all that you and the other CMs at WDW do to make our trips so magical - it is such a special place to our family for lots of reasons, but one of the main ones is how helpful and enthusiastic so many of you CMs are, and the way you seem to go out of your way to make guests feel special. We always do! :)

Just wanted to say thanks!! (And we enjoyed receiving some official dreams on our trip, too!):santa:

I received a postcard to go to a computer link with my name in it. I received Disney desktop icons.:goodvibes

Thank you so, so much for all that you and the other CMs at WDW do to make our trips so magical - it is such a special place to our family for lots of reasons, but one of the main ones is how helpful and enthusiastic so many of you CMs are, and the way you seem to go out of your way to make guests feel special. We always do! :)

Thanks. And you're the reason we love doing what we do!:thumbsup2

We just got back from our Christmas trip on Dec. 19. It was our third trip during YOMD. Our first trip we won the YOMD lanyard getting on the Dumbo ride. Our second we were given fast passes by a CM for the Jungle Cruise. We had been standing deciding whether to wait in line or not and the CM gave us a fast pass for right there. And this time we won FP at Hollywood studios. We really enjoyed YOMD

We went to Walt Disney World over Thanksgiving. First trip for me and my boys, second for my wife who is a life-long mega-Disney fan and had told me about the Year of Million Dreams. We were in Hollywood Studios at Sounds Dangerous when my son was approached by the Dream Squad. Without going into all of the details, we won the night's stay in Cinderella's Castle. Dinner, breakfast, VIP seating at the light parade and several shows, and our own personal tour guide around the Magic Kingdom. The guy was a walking FastPass. My wife especially enjoyed the tour of the underground. The room is fantastic, (white chocolate Cinderella's coach, 400 year old writing desk, and a bathtub with color-changing lights plus more). I think we have more pictures of the room then Disney's insurance company. It was truly a magical evening. If you're reading this, thanks again to Kim, Al, Jansen, and Scott for making our trip unforgettable. Oh yeah, we also each got a pair of the ears.

We went to Walt Disney World over Thanksgiving. First trip for me and my boys, second for my wife who is a life-long mega-Disney fan and had told me about the Year of Million Dreams. We were in Hollywood Studios at Sounds Dangerous when my son was approached by the Dream Squad. Without going into all of the details, we won the night's stay in Cinderella's Castle. Dinner, breakfast, VIP seating at the light parade and several shows, and our own personal tour guide around the Magic Kingdom. The guy was a walking FastPass. My wife especially enjoyed the tour of the underground. The room is fantastic, (white chocolate Cinderella's coach, 400 year old writing desk, and a bathtub with color-changing lights plus more). I think we have more pictures of the room then Disney's insurance company. It was truly a magical evening. If you're reading this, thanks again to Kim, Al, Jansen, and Scott for making our trip unforgettable. Oh yeah, we also each got a pair of the ears.

Oh, congrats!!!! How wonderful for you all! :goodvibes

I went on Jan 12, 2008 for YOMD it was great. I was asked to play a game, and I have a special YOMD award. Other than that, I got a free lemonade icee. I'm not sure if that was for YOMD or because of my birthday in :]] but i got it! My parents got a golden ticket for splash mountian and we walked right on! Best ending we imagined because we didn't get back that year!

YOMD was actually pretty sweet! I had gone to disneyland with a family who was very into rules and more about staying in the hotel rather than having fun in the parks. Quite a few times we had wasted hours (we were there 2 days and spent 11 hours in the middle of the day in the hotel while the park was open)... It made me angry because for a poor college student disneyland is like the dream for me, I only get to go once every 4-5 years so I want to have FUN when I go...

When we finally left to go back to DCA we walked through the Grand Californian hotel (i love that hotel :) its my favorite) and out the entrance and there were 2 guys standing there with dream ears!! They handed us all a pair and then took our photo! it was pretty cool as I collect mouse ears...

Then the very last night we were there and walking out of the park a lady had stopped me and asked where I had gotten my stitch stuffie (ya'll will see him shortly! teehee) and she pulled out a Tinkerbell dream pin and said that earlier in the day a cast member had given her 2 linking pins and that when she left to find someone she thought would make their day. She said the way i was so decked out in disney gear but so sad looking for being in the happiest place on earth (long story, the people i went with ruined the trip for me :() and that I looked like the kind of girl who needed a tinkerbell to go with my peterpan hat!! It was so cool and a very cute pin! so i ended up with two dream items that trip :) very very cool!!

By far my favorite Disney promotion ever! I was one of the Year of a Million Dream Job winners at Disneyland! The greatest weekend of my life! We got the weekend stay at the Disneyland hotel, was able to go to the VIP Finding Nemo Launch Party, I was interviewed on the news, and got a full cast rehearsal so I could perform for 1 day in a Disney Parade! Amazing!

On Jan 10th my siblings and I took our mom to the Magic Kingdom for her birthday. We had all gotten ice cream cones on Main Street just in time to wait for the 3pm parade, but my husband was being picky and really wanted the prepacked Mickey Ears ice cream bar the street vendors sell, so we planned to meet my family when the parade ended and headed towards the front entrance to get his ice cream and find ourselves a spot to watch the parade. Well, when my husband tried to had the CM money to pay for his mickey ears he was told "no thank you, its on us" and as we walked away to find a spot to watch the parade another CM approached us and asked if we wanted ears to match our ice cream, so we both recieved mickey ears. We're still not sure if Disney is continuing the Dreams promotion or it was part of the parade festivities. Anyone else know?

We're still not sure if Disney is continuing the Dreams promotion or it was part of the parade festivities. Anyone else know?
Neither. That was a "Magical Moment", a spontaneous gesture from the CM to you! Those happened long before the YoaMD and will continue long into the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter