Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she has the proof in photos she should have posted them along with her message.

Agreed. Would certainly clear up any disbelief and just add credence to her story.

She doesn’t owe anyone photographic proof. She made her story public, and never asked anyone for anything. That’s all we know. Why all the debate? If her account doesn’t measure up to what you feel you need to believe her, enjoy the show!

She doesn’t owe anyone photographic proof. She made her story public, and never asked anyone for anything. That’s all we know. Why all the debate? If her account doesn’t measure up to what you feel you need to believe her, enjoy the show!
:confused3 I guess you're right about the "owing" part. But what's the point, really, if there's no desire or intention to seek justice? What earthly good is being done for anybody? If this Bob performer is assaulting Disney patrons, he shouldn't just be fired, he should be prosecuted. These are CRIMES not HR issues. And that's impossible to do without evidence.

I do have issues with posting things such as these on social media period without having gone through legal system first (that's my personal opinion however).

But I do have a question: In the case of Disney I am completely unsure-would the police (don't know if it would be Orlando??) be who she could report this to? Or is it because it's private property she's unable to get law enforcement involved?

:confused3 I guess you're right about the "owing" part. But what's the point, really, if there's no desire or intention to seek justice? What earthly good is being done for anybody? If this Bob performer is assaulting Disney patrons, he shouldn't just be fired, he should be prosecuted. These are CRIMES not HR issues. And that's impossible to do without evidence.

As Judge Judy would say, declaring what she thought requires knowledge of the working of her mind. So I have no idea. I’d guess that on some level the recent admissions from abuse victims has emboldened her to make public a painful incident. Seeing someone who’s wronged you thrive and prosper while you suffer their degradation in silence is a nasty thing to have to endure. I imagine she will present evidence in the proper venue if she decides to pursue this matter legally.

I do have issues with posting things such as these on social media period without having gone through legal system first (that's my personal opinion however).

But I do have a question: In the case of Disney I am completely unsure-would the police (don't know if it would be Orlando??) be who she could report this to? Or is it because it's private property she's unable to get law enforcement involved?
This can't be the case. I'd imagine lots, if not most, crimes happen on private property (in homes or businesses or churches or whatnot). Unless WDW has been recognized as a sovereign state, what happens there is still subject to all the laws of the local jurisdiction.

*sigh* One day I hope others will learn what my mother always said, "The silent can be trusted to keep secrets. Be loud and make a scene."

I wish that, if this story is recounted accurately, that the woman would have felt the courage to grab his hand, move it for him, and very loudly remind him about personal space. If it is true, it's terrible that she couldn't speak up for herself because, " [she] didn't want to cause a scene amongst friends." Yeah well.... you SURE DID. From an inappropriate platform - Facebook! :(

It is very hard to press charges and win on a butt squeeze. Most jurisdictions won't let you even try. They have a lot of stuff in their court systems, and even beyond the fact that culture tends to downplay stuff ("oh, it was just a butt squeeze"), very simple assault of ALL kinds tends to get dropped before court because it takes up time they need for other stuff higher on the food chain.

But the standard for criminal behavior vs. the standard of how to behave as a member of society or as an employee of a large company are not the same. Plenty of forms of sexual harassment meet the standard for "get fired" that are nowhere near "criminal prosecution."

I'm sure we can all think of plenty of behaviors that would get us grounded as teens, fired as grown ups, and thrown out of PTA that don't meet standards of misdemeanor/felony behaviors.

As well, for anyone who says she should have handled it at the time: That's nice for you to say. Very often in these situations, people are shocked into silence. It is hard to speak out at all, but often somewhat easier to do it when you're out of the moment and have time to reflect and realize it was NOT OKAY.

This can't be the case. I'd imagine lots, if not most, crimes happen on private property (in homes or businesses or churches or whatnot). Unless WDW has been recognized as a sovereign state, what happens there is still subject to all the laws of the local jurisdiction.
Well that's what I thought honestly but I was wondering if she did talk to the police at least to file a report. The reason I even asked is more or less how Disney was set up with Reedy Creek, etc. I didn't know who responds in cases where law enforcement is needed.

As Judge Judy would say, declaring what she thought requires knowledge of the working of her mind. So I have no idea. I’d guess that on some level the recent admissions from abuse victims has emboldened her to make public a painful incident. Seeing someone who’s wronged you thrive and prosper while you suffer their degradation in silence is a nasty thing to have to endure. I imagine she will present evidence in the proper venue if she decides to pursue this matter legally.
And choosing to bring repercussions on them outside legal channels is vigilantism, while co-opting the rest of us into this new, skewed process. The onus is now on "everybody" to believe accounts of sexual misconduct without having any influence over whether or not the perps get prosecuted. I assert that this helps neither this victim or future possible victims of the same perp.

And choosing to bring repercussions on them outside legal channels is vigilantism, while co-opting the rest of us into this new, skewed process. The onus is now on "everybody" to believe accounts of sexual misconduct without having any influence over whether or not the perps get prosecuted. I assert that this helps neither this victim or future possible victims of the same perp.

Perhaps. But it must feel great.

However, were it me that this happened to, I think that once I reached a mindset where I was comfortable coming forward about it, I’d want to alert as many people as possible to my experience to at least be aware of the possibility of harm. So it’s indeed possible that it could help would-be future victims.

It is very hard to press charges and win on a butt squeeze. Most jurisdictions won't let you even try. They have a lot of stuff in their court systems, and even beyond the fact that culture tends to downplay stuff ("oh, it was just a butt squeeze"), very simple assault of ALL kinds tends to get dropped before court because it takes up time they need for other stuff higher on the food chain.

But the standard for criminal behavior vs. the standard of how to behave as a member of society or as an employee of a large company are not the same. Plenty of forms of sexual harassment meet the standard for "get fired" that are nowhere near "criminal prosecution."

I'm sure we can all think of plenty of behaviors that would get us grounded as teens, fired as grown ups, and thrown out of PTA that don't meet standards of misdemeanor/felony behaviors.

As well, for anyone who says she should have handled it at the time: That's nice for you to say. Very often in these situations, people are shocked into silence. It is hard to speak out at all, but often somewhat easier to do it when you're out of the moment and have time to reflect and realize it was NOT OKAY.
:thumbsup2 Well reasoned post. So as individuals, parents, and persons-in-authority, let's work on this part, why don't we? Creating an absolute climate where these (relatively minor, yet totally unacceptable) incidents are assertively resisted in the moment. Whether or not formal action is taken by Disney, you can bet Yahoo Bob isn't grabbing another butt today after he's just been called out on it in front of his audience. Would the victim be embarrassed - yes, I think so. But no worse than suffering months or years of the sleepless nights and internal turmoil that's apparently resulted from this incident.

The problem is that there is rarely proof. It's usually a case of he said/she said. More often than no the accuser wins, and gets off because of the lack of proof. That's why so many people don't come forward.

But our justice system is purposely based on proof, so we don't have things like the Salem Witch Trials all over again. - I'm honestly way more scared of the fact that someone could ruin my life with a false accusation than I am that someone could grab my butt.

:thumbsup2 Well reasoned post. So as individuals, parents, and persons-in-authority, let's work on this part, why don't we? Creating an absolute climate where these (relatively minor, yet totally unacceptable) incidents are assertively resisted in the moment. Whether or not formal action is taken by Disney, you can bet Yahoo Bob isn't grabbing another butt today after he's just been called out on it in front of his audience. Would the victim be embarrassed - yes, I think so. But no worse than suffering months or years of the sleepless nights and internal turmoil that's apparently resulted from this incident.

Exactly!

Perhaps. But it must feel great.

However, were it me that this happened to, I think that once I reached a mindset where I was comfortable coming forward about it, I’d want to alert as many people as possible to my experience to at least be aware of the possibility of harm. So it’s indeed possible that it could help would-be future victims.
I can def understand wanting to alert others however the main issue is caution with the internet. It's like a giant game of potential telephone as well as potential split second judgements. Sharing things on the internet especially via FB and Twitter comes with its upsides and downsides. Social media is a powerful tool but it can be used for good and bad. It's why people get concerned with sharing things on social media. Doesn't negate this woman's story in the OP at all though as that's not the point of my comment.

This makes me very, very sad.

If it’s true, then Bob has been using his position and fame to assault young women. That is disgusting.

If it’s not true, I think his reputation will be too damaged for him to go on. He is ruined even if innocent.

In any case, I think we will hear of his retirement very soon.

That is your opinion.
My opinion is that she should post the pictures showing him do what she is accusing him of. That way there is no question of his guilt and anyone defending him can see for themselves that she isn't lying.

Interesting opinion.

But the fact is that she’s not asking for your acceptance of this, she’s merely relating her story. She doesn’t owe you a photo.

I don't know her, and I don't even know who he is. If she is willing to tell her story and name him and tell everyone that she has proof IMO she should post those pictures.
She could be telling the truth, or she could be lying. I"m of the opinion if you are going to publicly accuse someone of something that has the potential to ruin that person's life, and in the same token help other to avoid what you went through then you should post that proof. She named his name, why not show the act. She doesn't owe it to anyone, but I believe proof, I don't just believe her because she's a woman and she says it happened. YMMV.

That is your opinion.
My opinion is that she should post the pictures showing him do what she is accusing him of. That way there is no question of his guilt and anyone defending him can see for themselves that she isn't lying.

Sorry, but no. It is highly likely that she has legal counsel and they expressly told her not to do such a thing. She does not owe the Internet photographic evidence.

Interesting opinion.

But the fact is that she’s not asking for your acceptance of this, she’s merely relating her story. She doesn’t owe you a photo.

Your's is equally interesting. Like I said, I'll believe your proof until then you are just telling "a story"
And yes she is asking for acceptance, she posted this as a warning to others.

I am not saying she owes anyone anything, so you can stop saying she doesn't.
I'm sharing my opinion. You are free to have your own but just because you don't like mine doesn't mean I'm wrong any more than you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter