YES, I'm taking pics of the food, get over it! aka : our summer dining reviews :)

I agree! that PB pizza looks goodd! We had the dinner at Chef Mickey's a few years ago and were not that impressed. The breakfast looks delish:)

Hi, GREAT pics!! I am WAITING for the construction to be done at the CR before I go back to Chef Mickeys. We have always done dinner there but breakfast sure looks DELICIOUS!! We may have to give it a TRY!! Joan

I can't wait for your Cape May Cafe review! I just booked breakfast there for our upcoming trip.

Excellent Pics of Chef Mickey's!! Glad you still had a good time even though it was noisy.

Thanks for answering about the coconut almond chicken, I think I'm sold now!!:goodvibes

We have ADR for CM and I was wondering if it would be worh it for b'fast.....by the looks of your picts....TOTALLY! Thanks!

Welcome back! After reading your latest trip report, I too am happy to see that you got to eat at plenty of restaurants this trip.:goodvibes I agree with you about CM. I've done dinner and breakfast too and breakfast is definitely better. :thumbsup2

OH I'm in!!! Kona looked delic...even if I don't eat seafood. You are making me rethink cancelling that ressie!

Captain Cook's

We ended up here for dinner around 10pm one night. There aren't many many choices but they're more original than at the other food courts we've been to.

Grumpy had the Polynesian Tossed Salad - Made with chicken, mixed greens, cucumbers, golden pineapple, cherry tomato,chives, blue cheese and crisp wonton noodles in a citrus-sesame dressing.

DSC00167.jpg

She liked it fine,it's pretty big too. Lots of fresh greens and she enjoyed the pineapple mixed in.

I had the Multigrain Turkey Club - Sliced turkey breast with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and honey-dijon mayo on multigrain sunflower bread. Served with Polynesian chips.

DSC00168.jpg

That was good ! Although, I did get rid of all the bread, it was too thick for my taste. They didn't go overboard on the mayo which I appreciated. I'm not sure what was "Polynesian" about the chips that came with the sandwich, unless Polynesian people like stale chips, but I didn't want them anyway so didn't care.

All in all a nice quick meal. We also had a Dole Whip and Mickey ice cream sandwich but I didn't take a pic of those, sorry.

We were able to get seated around 8.45am even though our ADR was for 10.15. I didn't realize the last time we were there how HUGE this restaurant is !

I loved this place in April and it didn't disappoint this time,either. The characters were fun, not too rushed, the parade was fun, and the food is so good. There is plenty to choose from, too, whether you're an adventurous eater or want to stick to the usual eggs-and-bacon-and-pastries.

DSC00187.jpg

Grumpy's first plate : tater tots, apple-cinnamon chutney, ham, eggs and bagel.

DSC00191.jpg

My plate : scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, breakfast potatoes (a bit on the spicy side), tater tots, bacon, and chocolatey donut with SPRINKLES!!!!

DSC00191.jpg

Shared plate of goodness :

DSC00194.jpg

Mealie cornbread (interesting), chocolate pastry thingy, cherry turnover, more tater tots, bacon and fruit.

The ONE thing I didn't like at this buffet is that instead of having smaller bowls of individual fruit chunks, they have big bowls of mixed fruit salad. Green melon touching grapes, :eek:

The characters, as I said, were not too rushed. We saw Donald twice, as well as Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy.

DSC00185.jpg
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00190.jpg
DSC00193.jpg

OH I'm in!!! Kona looked delic...even if I don't eat seafood. You are making me rethink cancelling that ressie!

Give it at try !! Did you want to cancel because they took out the filet ? They have a teriyaki steak that's pretty good, too. Or try lunch, for their great teriyaki steak salad. Grumpy's favorite!

Just ate lunch, but still want to try that Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza!! :cutie:

I ate dinner 10mns ago and wouldn't mind a slice myself. Where is the drooling smiley???

Mmm...the fact that breakfast has mealie bread made my day. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter