Yes!!!!! Thank You Disney Sports!!!! Tot Has 2.5 Hour Time Limit!!!

windwalker

I need an Adventure
Disney Sports has relaxed the time limit for the ToT to 2.5 hours. They listened to us and have made it more friendly for those who would have a hard time with a 16 min per mile pace requirement.

Dave -

Thank you for your email. For this event, there will be a two and a
half hour time limit to finish the race.

Thank you,
Disney Sports

WISHers please join me in thanking Disney Sports for their understanding.

Dave:hippie:

Yay for all who are going. This should make it a more rockin fun time for all!!! :thumbsup2

The website still shows a 16 min mile pace or a 2:09 race time. If it goes to 2 1/2 hrs, it would be an 18 min/mile pace.

I always wondered that cutting the race at 2:09 would be strange. I guess that they just have been hiding it.

Not to be a party pooper but here is an email I just received from my source at Disney:

"Participants must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace. Last year the race limit was 2 1/2 hours, because the race started a half hour earlier as well. The other races have a similar pace and we are wanting to be consistent across our various races."

This leaves it up to either believe the website or 2 different emails:rolleyes1

Not to be a party pooper but here is an email I just received from my source at Disney:

"Participants must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace. Last year the race limit was 2 1/2 hours, because the race started a half hour earlier as well. The other races have a similar pace and we are wanting to be consistent across our various races."

This leaves it up to either believe the website or 2 different emails:rolleyes1

Robert I want to believe in them since I asked them to believe in us. This has to be the one event where everyone is welcome, even the folks who can't manage a 16 mpm pace right now.

Maybe your source hasn't got the word yet?

I hope that is the case but he is a Manager at Disney Sports:sad2:

Well in that case would you find out if they have a contract out on the Panda? :eek:

Like you I'm sharing what I have recieved. I'm glad you told me incase my information was a mistake. I promise this was not another April Fool joke, unless it's on me.

I surely hope it's not, it would be a cruel joke to play on my injured WISH brothers and sisters who needed the extra time.

well I hope they make a definitive decision soon. It makes a difference to me. The Oct trip with my XSIL and all our kids has been rescheduled to one week later; we are now planning to go home on Sat Oct 25th, but if the race has a more relaxed time limit I might be able to convince Deb or some of the kids to stay an extra day and do the race with me. None of them are interested if it is a 16mpm, and I'm not sure if I want to stay behind if they all head home.

I don't know who is right or wrong but would trust the website when in doubt. Especially if you are worried about the time limit. Wouldn't want you to sign up only to be disappointed later.

BTW, it doesn't matter to me as I plan to skip this race this year. I will be there at BWV to visit with my friends and F&W. $170 too much money for an 8 miler:sad2:

$170 too much money for an 8 miler:sad2:

I really agree with you about that!! That is why I have such mixed feelings about our Oct trip being pushed back a week. Before it wasn't possible, now it is possible, but will not only cost the $85 entry fee but also an extra night at Pop. I'm not sure if I want to do that for just myself. And, I am kind of miffed that Disney raised the price and lowered the pace and don't know if I want to support the event. IF the pace is 18mpm and any of my kids (all adults) want to do it then I will probably stay. If not, I probably will not. BUT.....I still hope to see everyone Friday afternoon/evening in the MK.

I'm not sure if I want to do that for just myself. And, I am kind of miffed that Disney raised the price and lowered the pace and don't know if I want to support the event.

That's where I stand as well! It will cost us $50 more than last year :scared1: I will get to see my friends on Fri and the week before and days ater the race. I can do a lot for the money saved from the race.

How's about printing out the email with the 2.5 hr time limit and handing to the sweepers. See, official Disney time extension. :confused3

I would love to do this but am really having a problem with the cost. $170 could easily be put toward us doing Party for the Senses again. Would definitely visit with everyone though and meet up at the pool after ToT to celebrate with those that did run it.

I also plan to sit this event out, but not based on time, but based on the cost. I just find it too much for an 8 miler.

GOOD GRIEF

How much did they raise the price on this one?

I haven't paid any attention since I was so disgusted with last year's race that there was no way I was doing this one again.

I would love that the event is a more relaxed pace. Still WISHing it were so. That does make a huge difference for sure.

Wonder why the significant increase in price?

Wonder why the significant increase in price?

The price increased $20 per person. Without DVC discount add another $5. That makes $25 per person. I think they justify it by giving a $2 tech shirt vs a glow in the dark shirt.

I think $85 is just too much for an 8 miler, even if it has a post race party with 3 rides.

Last year after we finished, got some water, and ice packs for my knees, there was only 30 minutes left in the park. The band was long gone and we never went on a ride.

Disney Sports has relaxed the time limit for the ToT to 2.5 hours. They listened to us and have made it more friendly for those who would have a hard time with a 16 min per mile pace requirement.

Dave -

Thank you for your email. For this event, there will be a two and a
half hour time limit to finish the race.

Thank you,
Disney Sports

WISHers please join me in thanking Disney Sports for their understanding.

Thanks Dave! And, Thanks Disney Sports.

We were hoping they would have left the 6.5K in, as this really started out as a Family Fun event vs. a serious event for runners. Granted, Disney is still big on bringing in as much $ as they can, but at least they relaxed the pace.

Thanks!

I received an email from DisneySports yesterday confirming the 2.5hr timelimit for the 13K. I'm not sure if I will stay the extra day to do this or not. It's a lot of money for a novelty event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter