Yes!!!!! Thank You Disney Sports!!!! Tot Has 2.5 Hour Time Limit!!!

I received an email from DisneySports yesterday confirming the 2.5hr timelimit for the 13K. I'm not sure if I will stay the extra day to do this or not. It's a lot of money for a novelty event.

That is great new for our fellow WISH'ers:thumbsup2

But, it won't change Linda and our minds about doing the race. We will give it a break this year and use the $170 for other fun things.

Looks like I am going to be doing ToT afterall. I'd sent a general info email to the extended family about our upcoming WDW cousin reunion vacation and mentioned the ToT 13K at the end of our trip and asked if anyone wanted to join me. I honestly did not think that any of them would. Imagine my surprise when my DSonIL and DD23 both said they were would. How can I pass on the opportunity to encourage my kiddos to do something good for themselves and to share the ToT experience with them? (and maybe get a few training buddies).

I will feel better though when the official site reflects the correct pacing requirement. I am hanging onto the Disney email, just in case!!

I received the following email from the Registration Manager at EMMI.

If you plan on maintaining a better than 16 minute per mile pace, you will be safe. The extra time is to account for the crowds crossing the start line. We start the 16 minute pace once the last person crosses the start line.

This still doesn't show a 2 1/2 hr cut window. They will allow you the extra time for the last runner to cross the start line. If you are at the front of start line, and it takes the last runner 8 minutes to cross the start line that would allow you to have a 17 min/mile pace(vs 16 min pace). However, if you are only a minute or two in front of the last runner crossing the start line, you would only be allowed a 16:08 or 16:15 pace not to get swept. If you are last, you are allowed only 16 min/mile pace.

I would read from the 2 emails I have received from Disney Sports Manager and EMMI Reg Manager, as well as the website, that you better be prepared to be swept if you don't maintain a 16 min/mile pace. Not to be negative but I want everyone to enjoy the race and not have to fear getting cut.

Until they change the website, I wouldn't count on the 2 1/2 hr time limit:sad1:

Robert, how are we supposed to make an informed decision if DisneySports themselves doesn't have a straight answer?!

My DD and DSonIL will need close to the 2.5 hr timelimit. This will be their first event ever and I wouldn't want to take a chance they might get swept. Realistically I know they don't want to spend a lot of time training. Sad, but true. They could definitely finish within the 2.5hrs, but a pace closer to 16 mpm makes a huge difference. Not saying they couldn't do it, but they wouldn't have a good time, and then I would have a hard time trying to get them to join me for future events. I am hoping that a successful ToT might encourage them and motivate them to do more.

I sent off another email to DisneySports asking for further clarification.

Pat,

Disney would say what does the website and Active's reg page state? They both show a 16 min pace. If you read the email I received today, if someone takes 2 1/2 hrs after 5-10 minutes to get to the start would be too long.

I wonder if some of the people you received emails from are confused between ToT and EEC. EEC does have a 2 1/2 hr cutoff(per website).

If you remember last year TOT changed many things after everyone signed up. I would wait as long as possible and again if the website states 16 min, expect to be cut. The written contract(reg form) between you and Disney states a 16 min pace and you(or anyone else) has no leg to stand on if complaining.

Not to be mean but I would hate to see people get upset over this.

Well sounds to me like my decision to avoid this mess was well placed.

I was hoping for those of you doing it Disney would have figured out how to organize this thing.

Sounds like they are still clueless LOL!

You know, this whole thing is starting to leave a really bad taste in my mouth. I was initially disappointed when our Cousin Reunion trip had to be scheduled between RftT and ToT. Then the info came out about ToT's increased price and decreased pace and I didn't feel so bad. Then our reunion trip was pushed back a week and if I added one more night I could do ToT. But I wasn't sure I wanted to when the rest of the family couldn't/wouldn't. Then Dave got the good news from DisneySPorts that the pace requirement wasn't the 16mpm and my DD and DSIL said they'd love to do it with me. Then Robert has further communication with Disney that the pace is 16 mpm, and that is still what the website shows. I don't think I will register if the website pace remains at 16. My DD and DSIL definitely won't register. I guess we will all just head home on Saturday instead of adding an extra day on to the end of our vacation.

Well now I feel really bad - DD just emailed me asking if I had signed her up yet......I guess I am going to have to get her out and put in a few miles at 16mpm and see if she still wants to do ToT. She is not out of shape, and heck she is 23 so she should be able to do it easily, but I don't want her or my DSIL to have a bad experience or not have fun!

Pat(and others),

I will be the meanie here. Disney has posted and consistantly shown on their website and Acitive's Reg page the 16 min pace. They have not changed it on any of these.

Last year when they weren't sure what the pace was, a) there wasn't one when reg opened, b) it changed to 15 min pace, and finally c) it was changed to 2 1/2 hrs. All of these were posted on the website after some of us(including me) received emails that they were changing the pace requirements. They have not done this with Pat's or Dave's emails. I have gotten emails from Disney and EMMI management confirming what the website is. I commend everyone emailing them to raise the pace but if they don't change the written sites, you have to believe them.

Disney is trying to keep the pace limits consist with other races. In fact, I am surprised they didn't put a 15 min pace as that is the pace they post for all races less than a 1/2 marathon(including the upcoming Minnie 15K). I think they spoiled us last year and they realized they din't like the extended time.

I am not signing up for this race for the same reason that after I recover from my surgery, I probably won't be up to pace at TOT. They post a pace and if I can't make it, I don't sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter