YIKES!!!! I gained 7 pounds in 12 days! COMPLETE...and going back!!!!

I'm in!! Glad to see you enjoyed CM! We loved it in the past but were disappointed last summer. Here's hoping for more good reviews before our trip next summer!

I can't wait to see what you got for dessert at CMs. :)

Great reviews so far. Nice photos too. Thank you for sharing.

Soooo...I've never eaten @ CC's, but with all the talk about this grilled cheese...I might have to go a little OOP dining and grab me one of those one afternoon while relaxing at the resort. It sounds too good to pass up!

Yes, the adult grilled cheese is very, very yummy. It does have some blue type cheese, I forget which one, and a lot of people are turned off by that. We think it's yummy!

I don't even want to talk about how much I gained...

But it was worth EVERY pound! :thumbsup2

I agree it was worth it! Once I stepped on the scale, the title just came to me! :) Now, the atonement begins...

Great reviews so far

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

Thank you so much! Glad you're here!

Great review of CC so far, waiting to hear the rest. We had dinner there last december, at the begining I didn't now what to expect after so many bad reviews here on the Dis, this was our first time doing dinner. At the end I was glad we went, we actually enjoyed the food and my DD loved the character, well not only my DD the whole family did.

Yes, I'm sooo glad we...well, the REST of my famiy...wouldn't let the reviews deter us. It was a GREAT experience!

definitely subbing to this one but the 7lbs is a little scary!!!!

VERY scary! I'm not too worried, though. I'm already down 4 after just 5 days. I think a good protion of the weight gain was from retaining water in all that heat and humidity. Of course, I did deserve some of it, the worst sins being the highly caloric (but scrumptious) cocktails, which I almost never drink at home. Several of those must be worth at least a few pounds.

I'm in!! Glad to see you enjoyed CM! We loved it in the past but were disappointed last summer. Here's hoping for more good reviews before our trip next summer!

Thanks for reading! Just goes to show, every place has its ups and downs. We are happy to report that we did not encounter ANY downs on this trip that we can think of!

Joining in and thanks for sharing and cant wait for more...popcorn::

Thank you for reading! It is my pleasure to share, and it encourages me to keep at it when I know people like you are reading.

I can't wait to see what you got for dessert at CMs. :)

Great reviews so far. Nice photos too. Thank you for sharing.

Oh, no! I'm sorry to disappoint you but we don't have many dessert pics from CM at all. I think I can only find one! And it's not pretty...

Please read on!

Hi everybody! Just letting you know that I have edited post #15 to complete my Chef Mickey's review. I only had 2 more pics to add, but I abruptly ran out of time when I was working on the review, and this is the first chance I had to get back to it.

Next up, lunch at Chefs de France!

We're staying at the Poly next month! Thanks for the CC review, especially the list of refillable mug beverages. We will have the DxDP, so we get the mugs. Looking forward to the iced teas, however it looks like there's not much for little kids (5 and 3).

Love your title... But I'm not weighing before OR after. Whatever happens at Disney stays at Disney! :thumbsup2

We're staying at the Poly next month! Thanks for the CC review, especially the list of refillable mug beverages. We will have the DxDP, so we get the mugs. Looking forward to the iced teas, however it looks like there's not much for little kids (5 and 3).

You're welcome! The iced teas were very yummy! I usually mixed half sweet tea with half unsweetened, which made me feel less guilty about sugar consumption (AS IF, spoken by the cocktail queen!!!), and it tasted great like that. You're right, there isn't really anything there for kiddos, but let's be honest...there's nothing there that adults should be drinking in unlimited quantities, either ;). I believe that you can use snack credits for juices and milk, and believe me when I tell you, you will have a hard time using up all your snack credits on the DxDP, so that might be a good use of some of them for you! Remember, you can ask for iced tap water everywhere, we did that a lot, and it's FREE!

We might try DxDP next trip...a long time from now. The way we dine in WDW, it really might make the most sense for us. I'll have to crunch the numbers. Have a wonderful time at the Poly! It is still our favorite, and I don't know if we'll ever stay anywhere else again!

Love your title... But I'm not weighing before OR after. Whatever happens at Disney stays at Disney! :thumbsup2

Thanks! That is so funny! :lmao: The background is that I have been trying to lose weight officially since January. When I'm being careful, I absolutely have to force myself to get on the scale every day. It's not pretty, but if I don't, I can get totally out of control. I envy your attitude.

great reviews...can't wait to read on...popcorn::

Thank you for reading! Please stay tuned. More coming up soon!

Guys, I don't know what happened to all of my CS food pics! I know I took pics at ALMOST every CS meal, but I can't seem to find a lot of them. I'll do my best to remember and tell you about what we had.

So our first full day in WDW was to be spent at Epcot from opening to closing (which we almost never do). We had both lunch and dinner ADRs (which we almost never do), so the goal for me was to go light on breakfast.

We got to CC's at about 7:20 or so, and there was almost nobody else there!

I chose a banana and a yoplait original strawberry yogurt, and you all know what those look and taste like. I was disappointed that my favorite breakfast item, the berry yogurt parfait, was absent from the refrigerator case. In light of the fact that I gained 7 pounds anyway, I wish I had chosen the cheese danish, which looked delicious! ;)

Aladdin and Herc both had the breakfast sliders, which were 2 mini sandwiches with scrambled egg, canadian bacon and cheese. These sound and looked MUCH better than they were. Put it this way, neither of them ever ordered these again. The bread was hard and stale-tasting, and the rest was kind of blah, very disappointing!

Belle had some Tonga toast, which she shared bites of and still couldn't finish. I find this very greasy tasting, like a too greasy doughnut. Also too sweet for my liking. Belle enjoyed it to a point, but was just done after a while. Aladdin and Herc both enjoyed their tastes of it, but nobody ordered this again either.

We all had coffee, and Herc and I put some "creamer" from the dispenser in ours....eeeew! This was gross, and just a small amount totally overpowered the coffee. There are 2 creamer dispenser next to the coffee dispensers, each has 2 spouts. I realized later that each creamer dispenser has a small sign on it (like reading the small print) that the dispenser on the "left" or "right" (depending on which machine you were at) contains half-and-half. Good to know! Also a little secret I later learned (on our last morning), is that you can go up to the counter and request regular milk for your coffee.

Lessons of the day: pay attention to the signs on the creamer dispensers, ask for milk, don't get the breakfast sliders!

My family would have definitely ordered those sliders so glad to have the heads up! (Not that we will be having breakfast at the Poly but still good to know! :goodvibes)

Your CC lunch looks scrumptious!

Can't wait for more of your reviews!

We all wanted to repeat a meal at Les Chefs, since we had loved our dinner there so much last trip! But, we only had two dinners in Epcot, so we decided to try it for lunch this time.

Hercules was feeling a little under the weather when we arrived at noon for our ADR. He had ridden Mission:Space Orange for the first time that morning, and let's say it really didn't agree with him. Good thing he took a pre-dose of Dramamine, otherwise I'm certain the day would have been ruined! After sitting in the shade for a pretty long time after the ride, he was ready to start making his way over to the restaurant. I think his disorientation and slight nausea may have come into play just a little in his enjoyment of the meal, because he wasn't in love with it as he had been before, but he still did seem to enjoy it, and he ate well (as we all did).

It was soooooo hot that day that walking from M:S to Les Chefs felt like crossing the dessert...only sweatier! This was such a welcomed site, like an oasis!
073013france.jpg

We were seated in the porch-like room all the way to the left of the restaurant as you enter. It is beautiful and airy and looks tres francais!

We were immediately served 2 loaves of the best baguettes ever, and iced water, and our server (who was OUTSTANDING, but I can't remember her name) took our drink order right away as we looked over the menu.
073001chefs.jpg

This bread was warm and perfect, with a light but crispy crust and very soft and not too airy, not too doughy on the inside. It had just enough salt for flavor without being too salty. Sooooo yummy.

I was really looking forward to tasting the duck, but sadly, it was not on the lunch menu, so I decided to follow the rest of my family and order from the prix fixe menu.

Aladdin, Herc and I all started with the onion soup gratinee:
073004chefs.jpg

This was huge and scrumptious, flavorful and not too salty, with a generous portion of ooey gooey cheesyness that was browned to perfection. The bread in the soup had the right amount of texture still to the crust. It was probably the BEST onion soup ever! A bowl of this, plus the half-baguette, would have been MORE than enough for lunch for each of us. But it was only the first course!

Belle decided to be different and try the lobster bisque:
073003chefs.jpg

She wasn't crazy about it, she thought it was too "fishy." I tasted it too, and I had to agree. She picked at it for a while, and Herc tasted it and thought it was GREAT, so he traded his half-eaten onion soup for her lobster bisque. It had some nice chunks of lobster in it, and was very creamy, but very fishy (I thought in a not-so-good-way).

For our main courses, Aladdin and I both chose the croque monsieur:
073007chefs.jpg

This was NOT your ordinary ham and cheese sandwich at all, folks! The bread was thick and wonderful, the ham was just right and the cheese was soooo gooey ad buttery with just a hint of nutty flavor. Delicious! Herc tasted mine and fell in love, wish he had ordered it!

Herc ordered the quiche lorraine:
073006chefs.jpg

Aladdin took the photo purposely after the first bite so you could appreciate what this looked like on the inside...only the pic isn't angled so well for that effect, sorry! This was very creamy on the inside with a nice flaky, buttery crust, but wasn't really cheesy enough for Herc's taste, and also had some ingredient in it that added a kind of sweet flavor that turned him off a bit. He said it was cinnamon, but I think it was nutmeg. He ate some, but I could see he was not happy he didn't order the croque monsieur, so I traded him half-way through mine. I took a few bites of the quiche and enjoyed it, and I think I ate all the greens on both plates, and then decided to stop and save room for dessert.

Belle ordered the baked macaroni au gratin:
073005chefs.jpg

Oh, my goodness!!! This was definitely the winner of the entrees! It was so creamy and cheesy with the macaroni cooked to just the right consistency. We all loved it! Herc detected a little of that same spice in it (nutmeg, I think), bringing just a little sweetness to the dish. Belle was only able to finish about half, so we all got to have a little more than a healthy taste of it!;)

I was planning on skipping dessert here, but from my seat I had been able to watch the pastry chef melting the chocolate for the profiteroles, and I knew I had to taste that chocolate! When nobody else in my family ordered the profiteroles, I caved.
073010chefs.jpg

WOW! Am I glad I ordered these! The pastry puffs were OK, the weakest part of the dish for sure. The chocolate sauce was divine! So rich and smooth and creamy! I don't know why, but I guess I was expecting something Hershey Syrup like, but I was WAY wrong. And do you see those little white chocolate flakes on the top? Well, these were...surprisingly...almost crispy! They added such a dimension of texture!!! I LOVED these!

Belle and Aladdin ordered the chocolate cake:
073008chefs.jpg

They both loved it! I thought it was good, but far from the best, or even second or third best, chocolate cake of the trip.

Hercules ordered the creme brulee:
073009chefs.jpg

He thinks this was the BEST creme brulee he has ever tasted. You can tell from the photo that they got the brulee part just right, and I can tell you that the creme part was perfect as well. It was somehow a little bit light, but very creamy at the same time. Excellent! I'd have to say it was the best VANILLA creme brulee I've ever had! ;) (It works if I qualify.)

We lingered for a while over dessert and coffee, and we received a surprise visit from this guy:
073021chefs.jpg

Well, it wasn't a surprise for me, but the kids had no idea Remy was making appearances here, so when he showed up at our table, they practically squealed with delight! He was adorable, and the guy operating him was a scream!

It was a WONDERFUL lunch, and I have to say that Les Chefs de France ranks very high amongst our favorites in WDW. How could it not? Some combo of bread, cheese and cream in every course! How bad could it be?! :cloud9: I imagine we we will be back here again; either lunch or dinner suits us just fine.

This post edited to add: The service we experienced here on this day was impeccable! Our server was quick to keep our water and beverage glasses full, our table cleared, and always appeared when it was necessary and was out-of-site when we were deep in conversation. We were looking for a leisurely pace, and she picked up on it beautifully; we weren't in any way rushed, but we never had to look for her when we needed her. I wish I had written her name down, because we would include it in our letter to Disney. The gentleman who was operating Remy was fantastic here, too...a little bit of a comedian and great with kids and adults alike. We are now 2/2 with perfect service at this restaurant. If you are on the fence about whether or not to try this place, DO IT!

My family would have definitely ordered those sliders so glad to have the heads up! (Not that we will be having breakfast at the Poly but still good to know! :goodvibes)

Your CC lunch looks scrumptious!

Can't wait for more of your reviews!

I know, right! Who wouldn't order egg, cheese and canadian bacon sandwiches?! So disappointing! I have been reading nothing good about these at all, so I hope others are reading this and other reports and will know better than to order them!

Lunch at CC's was MUCH better than breakfast! I wish we could have gotten back there again and again even, it was that good!

Thanks for reading!

I have seen a lot of great LeChefs reviews lately! I am trying to figure out where to put this in our next trip!

Thank you for the wonderful update on Chef de France...my husband and I have to go there every Disney trip.
I love the pictures.

I have seen a lot of great LeChefs reviews lately! I am trying to figure out where to put this in our next trip!

Absolutely, find a way to fit it in! We not only love the food and atmosphere here, we have always experienced impeccable service (which I'm sorry I forgot to mention in my review, I will go back and add that), and we think it is an excellent value, especially the prix fixe menu!

Thank you for the wonderful update on Chef de France...my husband and I have to go there every Disney trip.
I love the pictures.

You're welcome and thank you! I think it is becoming one of our "must-dos" as well, and we don't have too many of those, since we have been making it a point to try new experiences.

Now I really wish I would have made ADR for Chefs! Everything looked so good! and Im a huge Remy fan!

Ah Chefs lunch...that was the highlight of my meals last June...it was just relaxing and delish! I booked it for our Oct trip...that quiche was excellent!

DH really enjoyedt he sliders at Capt Cooks...maybe he had them on a good day? :confused3 Or maybe he was so hungry he didnt know they were icky? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter