YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Good question. I was thinking about this myself. Im not sure if you can put more then 1 entry in a envelope. My guess would be the answer no. I think its 1 entry per envelope. I have just entered myself but probably will start entering DH soon as well, once we get more stamps or postcards, however Im gonna do it from here on out. Personally I dont think its fair that you can enter each family name in the contest every day. Cuz those who have kids have a better chance on winning something, then someone who is just enetering themselves or themselves and spouse. IMHO, I think it should be 1 entry per address, each day.

Hi! :goodvibes We send in three each time we mail (not daily) and use the plain postal postcards. I am a bit confused. :confused3 Can more than one entry (eg one for my DS, DH, and myself) be put into a single envelope? I thought they had to be mailed seperately. If not, it would be cheaper by far. Just curious and looking forward to your (fellow Disboard members) answer! Thanks! :)

Good question. I was thinking about this myself. Im not sure if you can put more then 1 entry in a envelope. My guess would be the answer no. I think its 1 entry per envelope. I have just entered myself but probably will start entering DH soon as well, once we get more stamps or postcards, however Im gonna do it from here on out. Personally I dont think its fair that you can enter each family name in the contest every day. Cuz those who have kids have a better chance on winning something, then someone who is just enetering themselves or themselves and spouse. IMHO, I think it should be 1 entry per address, each day.

That is correct, you can not put 3 entries into 1 envelope. Each entry would require its own envelope. Personally, I'm glad that you can enter each person's name in the contest each day - not that it's helping us any!!!!:rotfl2:

That is correct, you can not put 3 entries into 1 envelope. Each entry would require its own envelope. Personally, I'm glad that you can enter each person's name in the contest each day - not that it's helping us any!!!!:rotfl2:

I didn't think so either, but a previous poster mentioned that you could (well I think, I was confused a bit by the post but it had been a long day)! That would be nice though, wouldn't it? :goodvibes

I've used postoffice prepaid postcards since the start, I cut off 1/2 inch off the end to make it the right size.
I write:
TO:
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8629
Elmhurst, IL 60126-8629

on the back:

FIRSTNAME M LASTNAME
ADDRESSE
CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE+4
(xxx)-XXX-XXXX Phone#
XX/XX/XXXX Birthdate as MM/DD/YEAR

I write in caps on the back of the card and I date it only to remember what days I have mailed in already as I make a bunch ahead of time :)

P.S Haven't won anything yet but still trying ;)

Is still the current info?????

I ran out on postcards and just got more to send but now I didn't write down the address to send them to.

The address as listed on the 2008 Year of a Millions Dreams is

P.O. Box 8650
Elmhurst, IL 60126

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules08Page

Good luck :goodvibes Here is hoping there are more DVC memberships to be won!

omg :mad:
i had no idea the address changed!!! I have been sending postcards all of 2008 to the 2007 address! I'm so mad at myself right now...I can't believe I never noticed the address changed. I never had any returned to me!

*hits self in head* - Starting over with the right address now!:goodvibes

I've used postoffice prepaid postcards since the start, I cut off 1/2 inch off the end to make it the right size.
I write:
TO:
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8629
Elmhurst, IL 60126-8629

on the back:

FIRSTNAME M LASTNAME
ADDRESSE
CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE+4
(xxx)-XXX-XXXX Phone#

I write in caps on the back of the card and I date it only to remember what days I have mailed in already as I make a bunch ahead of time :)

P.S Haven't won anything yet but still trying ;)

Is still the current info?????

I ran out on postcards and just got more to send but now I didn't write down the address to send them to.

ok is it
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8650
Elmhurst, IL 60126

send in FIRSTNAME M LASTNAME
ADDRESSE
CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE+4
(xxx)-XXX-XXXX Phone#

?

The correct info is (directly from the rules)

Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void.

Originally Posted by cnids00

I write in caps on the back of the card and I date it only to remember what days I have mailed in already as I make a bunch ahead of time

P.S Haven't won anything yet but still trying

Hi! :goodvibes Good luck and I hope that you win something soon!

I just wanted to let you know that my local post office refused my trimmed cards when we were first mailing out, they have to be regulation postal size to be mailed.

We (DS and I) have won a set of ears each (not much for a total of 180 mailed entries, but still cool) and we did so not trimming.

Please ask your post office about their (USPS) policy/regulations to make sure your size is OK, I would hate for them to not be getting to the contest.

Good luck! :wizard:

There are no size requirements for the 2008 contest as far as the postcards go. You don't have to cut off the 1/2 inch.

P.S. I did cut off the 1/2 inch for the 2007 contest (won 4 prizes)

ok is it
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8650
Elmhurst, IL 60126

send in FIRSTNAME M LASTNAME
ADDRESSE
CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE+4
(xxx)-XXX-XXXX Phone#

?

Yes this is correct.

OK. I have been sending in envelopes. And on the paper I put my
Name (First and Last)
Address
City, State, and zip (did NOT include the + 4)
Phone number with area code
and birthdate in the format of xx/xx/xxxx

Do we HAVE to include middle name and the + 4 digits of the zip code?

The official rules didnt state we had to include that, so Im guessing that my previous entries are OK?

Yes this is correct.

No, you do not have to include middle names/initials.

And no, you do not have to use zip+4 -- the 5-digit zip code is fine.

Any wins lately? I've been sending for about a month now and nothing yet!!!!! :headache:

I got a pin and lanyard set in the mail a few weeks ago. It was the 2007 set. They are way behind, but who cares, it was still something from Disney!!!

Has anyone received anything for the month of April? I haven't heard a single peep! :listen:

Any wins lately? I've been sending for about a month now and nothing yet!!!!! :headache:

It is "luck of the draw"! :goodvibes

We (DS, DH, myself) have sent over 180 postcards in so far (since last Spring) and DS and myself each received one set of ears :yay: (on the same day in Jan 08) and that is it.

There are some on here that have won multiple times, and others that have never won, it is pure luck! :goodvibes

I enjoy decorating/addressing the postcards and don't expect to win... that way if it happens it will be a pleasant surprise and if not... no biggie! :rotfl:

Good luck... here is a bit of magic in hopes a box arrives at your door soon! :wizard:

Hooray! Finally my DS12 won a lanyard today in the mail. I know that it was from a postcard that I sent early on in 2008 contest and I only know that because the prize had his middle intial on it and I only addressed the first batch that way because it was the only time I sent in for my DS and DH and they have the same first name... I am hoping that DS2 and DD4 win one too before we head there in December. I have been sending in 1 postcard a day since the beginning of 2008 contest, each day with a different persons name. I did not give the prize to DS12 because he does not know about the trip in December and DD4 would not understand why she did not get one. So I have tucked it away until either they all win, here's to hoping or the trip :santa:

Thats cool. WOW, they REALLY must be far behind on rewarding prizes!! Which can only mean those enteries I have sent in so far, if I win anything probably wont be until like July or August or later! I wonder why they are so far behind? :confused3 They are supposed to gather all enteries from that day, select winners and then send out the prizes. And all enteries that were collected during that week are also included in the Sunday drawing.

Hooray! Finally my DS12 won a lanyard today in the mail. I know that it was from a postcard that I sent early on in 2008 contest and I only know that because the prize had his middle intial on it and I only addressed the first batch that way because it was the only time I sent in for my DS and DH and they have the same first name... I am hoping that DS2 and DD4 win one too before we head there in December. I have been sending in 1 postcard a day since the beginning of 2008 contest, each day with a different persons name. I did not give the prize to DS12 because he does not know about the trip in December and DD4 would not understand why she did not get one. So I have tucked it away until either they all win, here's to hoping or the trip :santa:

I have been sending in 1 postcard a day since the beginning of 2008 contest, each day with a different persons name.

You might be doing it on purpose, but I wanted to make sure you knew that you can send in a postcard per household member per day. :goodvibes

Just curious...since all of these prizes are limited do you think they will still be giving anything out as of December?
Thanks

You can get a box of over 100 envelopes for like a $1 or $2 and paper, well everyone has paper laying around their house, and then stamps $8. So at most you will spend $10 or $11 on everything.

$8 would be what, 19 stamps? 100 envelopes can be cheap (but I would get the lined ones, if I were using envelopes, b/c I'd use envelopes if I were worried about my info being out there so that might be more expensive), but 100 stamps is going to be $42 soon.

vs 29 dollars for 100 pre-stamped postcards from the post office.

Just curious...since all of these prizes are limited do you think they will still be giving anything out as of December?
Thanks

Well, the Dis person won a 2007 DVC prize, and found out she won in March. Therefore, there will be people receiving prizes well into '09. :)

It's a million prizes, that's a lot! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter