YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Actually I wouldnt count on winning anything the way you are mailing out your cards now. All your info HAS to be HAND WRITTEN and not typed. You can do mailing labels, but all your info cant be labels. It might have worked that way last year, but they make it very clear in their rules for this yr is to hand write all info.

Thats ok...We won the best prize ever. However, I think that if you type instead of write, you would be fine. Problem with writing it, some people cannot write their name. Some are disabled. There is no way Disney would not accept typed name cards in an envelope. Someone could scream discrimination. Not me, but, there are all types of people out there. Someone could use a voice mic with a PC and have it printed out.

I am going to call my number of the company tommorow, see if it matters, and ill post it here what they say

Oops......I didn't read what the DVC winner wrote closely enough - I haven't been printing labels for my info, just the address. Yes, you must handwrite your personal information per the contest rules.

Last years contest rules said hand written on a 3x5 card. This year says hand written on a piece of paper. We won, as many others have, this and last year using labels, and typed papers.

I would not sweat hand writing or typed papers or printed labels. Besides, I am sure the contest people are MUCH happier being able to read the writing, as most of us have doctor handwriting :rotfl2:

It probably actually does matter...the DISer who won the DVC membership, probably just got VERY lucky that her entry wasnt thrown out.

Most companies and Disney isnt excluded are VERY strict on when it comes to contests. If it says in their rules to do something, they expect people to follow the rules. Personally I dont see why people cant follow the rules. Is it to much to sit there and write your info out? People printing their info is just being plain lazy. It doesnt take that long to write your info on the back of a post card or piece of paper. And I know this is gonna come up at some point "thats to much writing to do." Well, simple...dont do them ALL at once. Fill one out, mail it. Next day, fill another one out, mail it, etc. How hard is that? :confused3

So, people are lazy because they want to make sure their entry is easily read?

If someone has no hands and wants to enter, are they discriminated against? What if all they have is a mic with a PC to record their speech and print it out??

I wonder how someone would feel if their entry was drawn, yet, their handwriting could not be read and they were disqualified for it?

Anyways...Best of luck to all who enter and enjoy the contest and the fun-ness of it all.

Anyways...Best of luck to all who enter and enjoy the contest and the fun-ness of it all.

Exactly :)

I have sent in about 40 total pc's this year for both me and DH and nothing so far. But I keep hoping! :goodvibes

We received 6 dream ears in the mail today. So far to date we have won 6 lanyards and 6 ears.

My girls were so happy.

We received 6 dream ears in the mail today. So far to date we have won 6 lanyards and 6 ears.

My girls were so happy.

YAY!!! Congrats!!! :cheer2: Just curious, how many postcards were you sending a day? Did you send everyday? As you can tell, I'm trying to get this down to a science. :laughing:

Yes, you can send out postcards from Pop Century. There is a mailbox by the payphones. The phones are across from the game room I believe, and are right around the corner from the DVC sales booth. I sent postcards from here while I was on vacation in January. Also, you can always mail them from the parks but I didn't want to carry the postcards around all day. Good Luck!

Got home last night to find 2 Mickey Ears!!!! The kids were ecstatic!! I really never thought we would win anything at all.

I received my second set of Dream Ears on April 23rd!

ok, this all sounds fabby!! can i send from the uk????:idea:

Yes, you can! :thumbsup2
Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void.

Ok , So I'm starting my postcards but I have a few questions for the masses:

So I know the rules state....Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England.
I've decided to use blank postcards and I'm Hand writing on the back my name and all the rest.... Should I Hand write the Disney PO Box on the Front??? or can I print out their address on my computer?? Thoughts?

Also - It doesn't say this for US entries, but should I address the postcards TO: The Disney Dreams Giveaway??

I don't want to waste time.... so I'd love to hear from you past winners on how to corectly do this.

Thanks

Ok , So I'm starting my postcards but I have a few questions for the masses:

So I know the rules state....Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England.
I've decided to use blank postcards and I'm Hand writing on the back my name and all the rest.... Should I Hand write the Disney PO Box on the Front??? or can I print out their address on my computer?? Thoughts?

Also - It doesn't say this for US entries, but should I address the postcards TO: The Disney Dreams Giveaway??

I don't want to waste time.... so I'd love to hear from you past winners on how to corectly do this.

Thanks

I print out labels for the Disney address on my computer. I do include Disney Dreams Giveaway. For full disclosure purposes I haven't won anything yet...haha :lmao:

How long have you been sending in postcards?

For this contest since December 19, 2007. For the last contest I think I started in January 2007. I send in 2 postcards a day (one for me, one for DH). So far out of the hundreds of postcards I've sent for us, DH & I have won nothing. :confused: But I still try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter