YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Got two of my postcards back yesterday! ARGGGGGGG! I even wrote TO on one side and FROM on the other! So frustrating! Even turned them as another poster suggested! Oh well! The others didn't come back so I guess it's not too bad!

After sending 8 postcards a day, almost everyday, for the past 3 months or so... we won 6 pairs of MM ears last week.

Are they awarding anything other than ears? :confused3

I didn't read the entire thread (sorry--53+ pages is too much for me) but did any of the 'daring' ones who didn't cut down their postcards from the Post Office win or will the extra 1/2 inch make it an invalid entry?:confused3

Many of the people who cut the postcards to meet the original size specified by the 2007 rules had their post cards returned to them. This was because the contest specifications made the postcards unacceptable in size to the U.S. Postal Service and they would not deliver them. The rules were later amended. This year you can send in postcards as well as cards sent in envelopes so that your personal information does not show. I personally reccomend not cutting any postcard. The Post Office has pre-paid postcards that work nicely. I have won ears several times using those.

Is anyone still sending in those postcards and winning prizes? I've been slacking since we were just in Disney. Need to get back into mailing again!

I am still sending them in but we have not won anything since April.

I won 4 times last year but have gone on a dry spell in 2008. Guess I should send in my postcards more frequently.

Hi - Can those of my fellow Disers who have sent in postcards answer a few questions for me?
What kind of postcard are you sending?
Are you sending Disney postcards, making your own or buying the post office kind?
What are you writing on them?
I am using post office prepaid cards. Not cutting anything off of them. I have won a pair of ears. Just putting all the info on like they call for.

Return name
Address
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8650
Elmhusrt, Illinoisee 60126

On the back:
Name
Adress
Phone #
Date of Birth

GOOD LUCK!

I'm a big contest person ( I've won lots of smaller prizes and 3 trips in the past from local contest -NOT Disney!) I just started sending post cards in about a month ago and will continue until the end! You can't win if you don't enter, right? ( I think my kids may have that put on my headstone when I die!). I would be so happy to win ears - anything else or bigger would be the icing on the cake. Good luck to everyone!:yay: :yay:

I"m sending them in, and have not won anything for 2008.

In 2007, I won 3 times. Mickey Ears, and 2 laynards with special pins.

Would you believe we have not done this? So we want to try for the remainder of the contest.

For those people who put their cards inside an envelope, have you won?????

Just measured the standard small envelopes and they are 3 1/2 by 6 1/2. So before we do envelopes, want to make sure some people have won using them. Thanx

DisGal
:cool2:

I know last year a lot of people won Disney lanyards and pins in addition to the ears. I also know someone on the Dis Boards won a DVC membership. Has anyone won anything this year besides ears? I haven't heard of anyone on the Dis Boards yet who won anything but ears through the mail this year yet.

Just went to the mail, and I thought it was for my kids. They ordered sunglasses.

It was a box from WDW.

I won

Ears!!

Just wondering - how much do the pre-packaged 'lots' of postcards cost from the post office?

I read that one PP had bought 300, sending them until they were all gone. I was just thinking, if they cost 50¢ each (cost of the card + postage) that would be $150! I want to get in on this, but my DH would think I was nuts to spend that kind of cash!

I really want some dream ears!

A post card with postage from the post office is only 27 cents. I've been getting some already stamped and have also gotten the 27 cent stamps for post cards I already have at home from other vacation spots.

Thanks Webster76! I think I'm gonna be jumping on this bandwagon just as soon as I can get over to the post office!

Hey Lisa3383 ! Glad I could help! I love entering contests and have been for years. I need to go get some more postcards myself. Everyday I send in one for myself and one for my daughter and cross my fingers! I wish you luck-let me know if you win something.:yay:

A post card with postage from the post office is only 27 cents. I've been getting some already stamped and have also gotten the 27 cent stamps for post cards I already have at home from other vacation spots.

Just a minor correction... Pre-stamped post cards are 30 cents each (27 cents for the stamp and 3 cents for the card).

You can also order 10-packs of post cards online ($3.00 per pack) and have them delivered to your home. USPS charges $1.00 shipping for each order regardless of the order size. There are two different cards available on usps.com:

Corinthian Stamp http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=11822&productId=37551&langId=-1

Mount Saint Mary’s University Stamp http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=11822&productId=37851&langId=-1

Would you believe we have not done this? So we want to try for the remainder of the contest.

For those people who put their cards inside an envelope, have you won?????

Just measured the standard small envelopes and they are 3 1/2 by 6 1/2. So before we do envelopes, want to make sure some people have won using them. Thanx

DisGal
:cool2:

I believe the person who won the DVC used an envelope. I remember reading their post on exactly how they sent in their entries - you can probably find it pretty easily.

Edit: I did a search and came up with this - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23639248#post23639248&highlight=
(It's post #79)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter